Certificate of Residence

6 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Try another immigration office 🤷🏻‍♂️

He would need to do change of address TM30 and perhaps even a lease depending on immigration office.

OP, have you checked with your immigration office.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

He would need to do change of address TM30 and perhaps even a lease depending on immigration office.

OP, have you checked with your immigration office.

Trat stopped for a while but only for DL  but they got so many complaints they started doing them again. There seems to be no rym or reason. Go back to your office and ask them "So how do I renew my DL or should I just drive without one?" And as we know they should be free, or you have to pay an express fee with no receipt. 

Edit; you could just download the form fill it in, and just hand it over. 

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Trat stopped for a while but only for DL  but they got so many complaints they started doing them again. There seems to be no rym or reason. Go back to your office and ask them "So how do I renew my DL or should I just drive without one?" And as we know they should be free, or you have to pay an express fee with no receipt.

There are a few immigration offices that state they don't issue COR.

Think Nonthanburi is another.

Some embassies issue a "residence letter" 

USA, UK,and AU do not. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

There are a few immigration offices that state they don't issue COR.

Think Nonthanburi is another.

Some embassies issue a "residence letter" 

USA, UK,and AU do not. 

That's most of the English speaking populations here that can't get one. from their embassy, the only thing I have come up with is get a letter done in Thai saying they are refusing to give a COR, and ask them to sign it :giggle:, one more thing I have just remembered is someone mentioned going to the main council office in your province, and they can issue one, I have no idea if that worked. I did have a PDF copy of the form but lost it, maybe someone can upload one again.

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

That's most of the English speaking populations here that can't get one. from their embassy, the only thing I have come up with is get a letter done in Thai saying they are refusing to give a COR, and ask them to sign it :giggle:, one more thing I have just remembered is someone mentioned going to the main council office in your province, and they can issue one, I have no idea if that worked. I did have a PDF copy of the form but lost it, maybe someone can upload one again.

I did read that someone got his COR at the local police office.

But I doubt that would work.

I will go this week to the immigration office and ask it nicely (with a brown envelope ).

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Confuscious said:

I did read that someone got his COR at the local police office.

But I doubt that would work.

I will go this week to the immigration office and ask it nicely (with a brown envelope ).

It's not Korat, but a friend of mine recently renewed his DLs at Nang Rong (Buriram) and they did accept a letter from Nang Rong police station as a replacement for a CoR issued by immigration.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2