Man Arrested for Posting Threatening Messages Against PM

snoop1130

1699334435_076183-tnamcot-768x402.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 7 (TNA) – The Cyber Police have apprehended a man who posted defamatory and threatening messages against the Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin.

The Anti-Online Scam Operation Center (AOC) hotline 1441 of the police found the individual’s posts on social media platform X, which were insulting and threatening, leading them to launch an investigation. One of the posts offered a reward for anyone who would kill the prime minister, accompanied by the prime minister’s image.

Full story: Thai News Agency 2023-11-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Love It 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

One of the posts offered a reward for anyone who would kill the prime minister,

I remember getting a FB ban for a while for saying 'Nicola Sturgeon should be lined up and shot' , which was meant totally in jest. People these days on social media have absolutely no sense of humour and full of total over-reaction 

9 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I remember getting a FB ban for a while for saying 'Nicola Sturgeon should be lined up and shot' , which was meant totally in jest. People these days on social media have absolutely no sense of humour and full of total over-reaction 

they banned you for a semantics mistake: to line up - to arrange people or things in a straight line or row

You only referenced one person, therefore "line up" does not apply

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I think your sense of humor has degenerated:coffee1:

• Like 1