Soi Buakhao planned to be changed to one way

scubascuba3

The city needs a couple of "Park and Rides" somewhere over the dark side maybe. When I visit town, I always park in the big temple car park near the lights on Second/South Pattaya Rd and either walk or take a baht bus to where I want to go. I'm 80 yoa next birthday and have no problem unless it's raining. Of course some with disabilities can't do this. Fortunately, the supermarkets I use are either on or near Sukhumvit, so I don't go into town much.

Edited by jesimps

58 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Easy to break rules on motorbike, I do now on Thepprasit, by Ratanakorn and by Lotus, no major problem

It is a problem, maybe not in the execution, but in the intent. Cars can't do the same manoeuvres. I too use the cut across to get to Lotus and the yewy to get into Ratanakorn. Luckily I turn left when I come out, otherwise it's down almost to the Thappraya lights and back to get the right they've blocked. Some vehicles don't have the lock if there's cars parked across the road. The tail back becomes a joke. Then there's the non functioning lights at Soi 8, so it's a free for all, but with people doing yewies in both directions, bikes and cars appearing out of nowhere. And the 2 gas stations where you can't get in going west, and coming out, the bikes use the pedestrian crossing to get the right. And all this was planned? Nuts!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bradiston said:

It is a problem, maybe not in the execution, but in the intent. Cars can't do the same manoeuvres. I too use the cut across to get to Lotus and the yewy to get into Ratanakorn. Luckily I turn left when I come out, otherwise it's down almost to the Thappraya lights and back to get the right they've blocked. Some vehicles don't have the lock if there's cars parked across the road. The tail back becomes a joke. Then there's the non functioning lights at Soi 8, so it's a free for all, but with people doing yewies in both directions, bikes and cars appearing out of nowhere. And the 2 gas stations where you can't get in going west, and coming out, the bikes use the pedestrian crossing to get the right. And all this was planned? Nuts!

True, planned and executed by idiots. The soi 8 junction is dangerous, just a matter of time, and if I go to PTT I have to go almost to Sukhumvit and do a U turn back down, one of the reasons I avoid North Pattaya road, not enough I turns

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

True, planned and executed by idiots. The soi 8 junction is dangerous, just a matter of time, and if I go to PTT I have to go almost to Sukhumvit and do a U turn back down, one of the reasons I avoid North Pattaya road, not enough I turns

Totally agree. I got chased by a copper's asdistant down Beach Rd once coming from na klua and doing the pedeX chicane just there by the dolphin. Copper was creaming it. He'd kitted out this old boy with a pair of ill fitting bib boots and a brown jacket so he looked like a crumpled copper, and got him to do the leg work hauling in the miscreants. Thais escaped free of charge I believe.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Off topic, but I never use PTT as it's always chockers, whereas 50m up the road the Shell is always deserted. I guess the PTT one gets the government reduction. Either way, exiting and getting back to Jomtien or Pratamnak is nerve wracking.

11 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Off topic, but I never use PTT as it's always chockers, whereas 50m up the road the Shell is always deserted. I guess the PTT one gets the government reduction. Either way, exiting and getting back to Jomtien or Pratamnak is nerve wracking.

I just noticed today that shell is doing the cheaper 95 unlike the Pattaya Tai one, so I'll probably try it, also has the now cheaper 91

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

They ban lots of things banned but they are never enforced, they banned baht any buses a few years ago from Buakhao but it was never enforced.

Buakhao should be closed to traffic pedestrians only between Soi Diane and Pattaya Klang from 7 at night.

Why particularly soi Diana, that is far from being an easy street to get down? The traffic issues go a bit further North.....probably no solution other than the wrecking ball!

13 hours ago, bradiston said:

They did. Motorbikes just did a swerve, cars turned left and then tried to u-turn back. Result? Complete chaos. Just like on Thepprasit right now.

Ain't going to get better.... few days ago noticing the huge tourist coaches are becoming numerous... they usually clog up traffic. Expect weekend of 24/25th to be a mess with the fireworks going on. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Why particularly soi Diana, that is far from being an easy street to get down? The traffic issues go a bit further North.....probably no solution other than the wrecking ball!

Ain't going to get better.... few days ago noticing the huge tourist coaches are becoming numerous... they usually clog up traffic. Expect weekend of 24/25th to be a mess with the fireworks going on. 

Because you can go down Soi Diane to 2nd Road or Soi Lenke to 3rd Road.

23 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Ì was walking down a one-way soi with the traffic once and a guy on a motorsai almost ran me over from behind.

I made the mistake of reminding him that it was one-way, he stopped and said he has lived in the soi for 50 years and who am I to be telling him that.

My GF who was with me at the time suggested that if I liked living just zip it in the future.

Your gf is definitely smarter than you lol 

• Haha 2

On 11/8/2023 at 7:06 AM, quake said:

No such thing as one way in Thailand.

It's all ways, when ever i want.

Now get out the way. I'm more important than you. 

Can agree with this view.

On  2 sides of my daughters school the roads are one way, resulting in a clockwise rotation, despite signs saying no entry and school staff & students trying to direct traffic round they are just ignored, by a lot of school staff also who instead of following the one way just drive against the traffic flow expecting those controlling traffic to give them priority and of course the mandatory Wai to the senior.

Even traffic police officers have problems with motorbikes ignoring the one way and their stop instructions.

Going past the new Las Vegas Beer bar complex and LK Metro entrance..... should be fun.

I was merely suggesting closing off Soi Buakho from Soi Diane/ Soi Lenke to Pattaya Klang. if drivers were aware it was closed they would not attempt to access Soi Buakho.

55 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Can agree with this view.

On  2 sides of my daughters school the roads are one way, resulting in a clockwise rotation, despite signs saying no entry and school staff & students trying to direct traffic round they are just ignored, by a lot of school staff also who instead of following the one way just drive against the traffic flow expecting those controlling traffic to give them priority and of course the mandatory Wai to the senior.

Even traffic police officers have problems with motorbikes ignoring the one way and their stop instructions.

You could repeat this story a hundred times, either ignorance on the drivers part or thick, similar out side my sons school, teachers take their life in their hands trying to direct traffic and getting ignored.

On 11/8/2023 at 6:38 AM, bbko said:

I'm all for a trial run (if it doesn't work, they can switch back right?), but I hope they post some traffic cops along the route to stop those motorbikes/food carts from going the opposite direction.

Somchai will always drive the opposite direction if it saves time

On 11/8/2023 at 6:34 AM, Bobthegimp said:

It might be worth a try.

Between songtaews and delivery trucks the soi can be very time consuming to navigate, and that's on a scooter.  It would have to run from Klang to Pattaya Tai in order to loop with Second Road.  The right turn onto Pattaya Tai would be much worse than it is now. 

No need to go all the way to the end, could be one way down past the back of the Avenue on to 2nd road, would join with the flow. Soi Diana & Honey Inn should be one way anyway, up one and down the other.