Netanyahu tells people in Gaza to move south as troops reach heart of city

CharlieH

image.png

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu repeated a call on Tuesday for Palestinian civilians to move south for their own safety as the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) are fighting “in the heart of Gaza City”.

In a televised statement, Netanyahu said there would be no ceasefire before Hamas released Israeli hostages.

“I’m calling on the citizens of Gaza: please go south. I know you’re already doing that. Complete the move to the south because Israel will not stop. There’s no entry of workers and there will be no ceasefire without our hostages being back home,” Netanyahu said.

Meanwhile, the IDF are fighting “in the heart of Gaza City”, according to the head of the military’s southern command.

Major General Yaron Finkelman said the IDF was fighting in the “heart of terror” for the “first time in decades” and the operation was “complex and difficult”.

Troops are expected to begin marching through the streets of the capital this week, where they are expected to face Hamas operatives, according to local media.

It comes as the United Nations warned “no place” was safe in Gaza and said hundreds have been killed sheltering in UN buildings

.FULL STORY

independent.png

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sooo, stay in Gaza city and die, or go south and risk getting killed on the way, and if manage to get to the south get bombed to death there. Not much of a choice then.

Most residents of Gaza made the choice not to #standwithHamas, despite leaders' call to remain in place and be sacrificed.

18 hours ago, impulse said:

I heard about the plan to get them to move to the Sinai as refugees and not be allowed back a while back, but Sisi put the kibosh on that plan.

I wonder what pressure is being put on him to stop him just allowing as many aid trucks through as wanted.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I heard about the plan to get them to move to the Sinai as refugees and not be allowed back a while back, but Sisi put the kibosh on that plan.

I wonder what pressure is being put on him to stop him just allowing as many aid trucks through as wanted.

You heard. That's cool.

You mean the 'plan' by a Ministry that's de-facto responsible for nothing and headed by a junior minister? The 'plan' that was rejected as nonsense by Israeli politicians and officials?

• Like 1

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi knows only too well not to allow millions of Gazan to enter Egypt because together with the innocent Gazan he will also get many of the Hamas and the Islamic Jihad terrorists and he knows it's a good thing for Egypt...

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Morch said:

You heard. That's cool.

You mean the 'plan' by a Ministry that's de-facto responsible for nothing and headed by a junior minister? The 'plan' that was rejected as nonsense by Israeli politicians and officials?

Got a link for that rejection?  Otherwise, it's just an unsubstantiated claim...

'Be great of you could also show where they fired the junior minister.

Edited by impulse
  • Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, impulse said:

Got a link for that rejection?  Otherwise, it's just an unsubstantiated claim...

'Be great of you could also show where they fired the junior minister.

Rejection may have been the wrong word. It was basically dismissed as irrelevant, downplayed.

Main reason being that the government office in question does not hold any real authority, and is basically a reward position for loyalists.

The Minister currently in charge is widely considered not the sharpest pencil, to put it mildly.

She wasn't fired, same way the other 'nuke'm' minister wasn't - because Netanyahu's coalition might not survive this. In general, ministers being fired over such things, or accepting responsibility and resigning, is not a thing, when it comes to Netanyahu led governments.

On 11/8/2023 at 2:46 PM, CharlieH said:

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu repeated a call on Tuesday for Palestinian civilians to move south for their own safety

and then the israelis bomb them in the south.

Now it seems the israelis don't even bother with the charade of attacking Hamas given how many residential buildings they keep blowing up.

Israel is turning so many against them, they may find themselves in the same situation as apartheid South Africa, a pariah nation.

Massive demonstration in London on Saturday, despite sunak's best attempt to stop them. That guy will be gone soon enough, but I fear netanyahu and his cronies won't.

https://www.reuters.com/world/huge-crowds-expected-london-pro-palestinian-rally-police-gear-trouble-2023-11-11/

More than 300,000 pro-Palestinian demonstrators marched through central London on Saturday, with police arresting over 120 people as they sought to stop far-right counter-protesters from ambushing the main rally.

The cops arrested the right wing thugs, but natanyahu would probably give them a medal .

I hope netanyahu, and every member of his war cabinet see the inside of the international criminal court, as they are apparently committing war crimes left right and centre.

Sadly, I doubt that will happen given how far Biden is bending over to support netanyahu. If netanyahu were to be found guilty of war crimes, Biden would IMO be complicit, so not going to happen.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Confused 1

@thaibeachlovers

Disregarding your standard issue nonsense about Israel's actions - do you see Hamas as in any way responsible for anything? In your hyper biased mind, is there a small corner where this is considered? Seems like all you can go on about is Israel, as if there's adversary in this conflict. Hardly a reasonable position.

• Like 1