What topic would you like to discuss?

bignok

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

AI searches Ive done give basic answers

Current stock AI programs search the web for related info complies the aggregate info and post generic replies today. 20 years ago that did exist and the best that could be done is a word trigger that produce a canned reply. Thats not AI although OP likes to make that claim 

Just now, Dan O said:

Current stock AI programs search the web for related info complies the aggregate info and post generic replies today. 20 years ago that did exist and the best that could be done is a word trigger that produce a canned reply. Thats not AI although OP likes to make that claim 

I knew a guy who are doing that 20 years ago.

7 minutes ago, 2baht said:

I want to know why it worries other posters!

It doesn't worry me, I'm just curious about their compulsive behavior. I have a hypothesis -  the root cause is inadequate potty training.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What's the point of a question like that?

If I want to discuss A in this forum then I will bring it up.

And if I don't feel like discussing anything then I won't discuss anything.

It seems you don't know what to discuss but you want to discuss something. What's the point?

Why don't you argue with ChatGPT for a couple of hours?

Because the good thing about ChatGPT is that is doesn't get annoyed by annoying people.

You're welcome.

Yeah lol agreed and sort of starting from scratch and had so many nasty posters but thereare indeed very nice people on here too tc all

• Haha 1

Just now, jwest10 said:

Yeah lol agreed and sort of starting from scratch and had so many nasty posters but thereare indeed very nice people on here too tc all

That's the internet. Some have a sense of humour, some are just nasty. No different to a real pub.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, bignok said:

That's the internet. Some have a sense of humour, some are just nasty. No different to a real pub.

We has a great discussion on is it me yesterday and keep the nice ones and hopefully locke the bodies and there is some scum on here and no moderators but also some ecnt ones too.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It doesn't worry me, I'm just curious about their compulsive behavior. I have a hypothesis -  the root cause is inadequate potty training.

So you want people to remain quiet on a forum? It defeats the purpose of a forum.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Dan O said:

Doubtful, it wasnt AI but a word match program, which is not the same thing. They may now claim it was AI but in reality it wasnt. 

Not much different. A computer driving a car is AI. A basic cut and paste answer is pretty lame.

1 minute ago, bignok said:

Not much different. A computer driving a car is AI. A basic cut and paste answer is pretty lame.

Not sure what your referencing a cut and paste answer is about but you make random unintelligent replies often so not surprised  

The start of the concept of AI was back in the  40's and 50's and so rudimentary it can't really be considered AI but machine matching.. It was nothing more that a computer being  able to match a word or string or characters and spitting out a predetermined reply.

Thats not AI but machine matching

1 minute ago, Dan O said:

Doubtful, it wasnt AI but a word match program, which is not the same thing. They may now claim it was AI but in reality it wasnt. 

Why do we use the term AI? Intelligence either exists, or it does not. Perhaps sentient would be a better expression.

I recommend a novelette by Roger Zelazny, "For a breath I tarry". It's a post-apocalyptic story of a sentient machine wanting to become human.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Dan O said:

Not sure what your referencing a cut and paste answer is about but you make random unintelligent replies often so not surprised  

The start of the concept of AI was back in the  40's and 50's and so rudimentary it can't really be considered AI but machine matching.. It was nothing more that a computer being  able to match a word or string or characters and spitting out a predetermined reply.

Thats not AI but machine matching

More abuse from you. Typical.

I've downloaded AI apps. The answers were no different to what I saw 20 years ago.

7 minutes ago, bignok said:

So you want people to remain quiet on a forum? It defeats the purpose of a forum.

Did I say that?

I was talking about posters who fill up a thread with 30 or 40 posts of vapid observations and statements of the bleeding obvious, not looking at anyone of course.

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Did I say that?

I was talking about posters who fill up a thread with 30 or 40 posts of vapid observations and statements of the bleeding obvious, not looking at anyone of course.

Forum has been ok today. It normally goes south in the afternoon when certain people turn up.

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Did I say that?

I like people who complain but can't help themselves from getting sucked into a thread they don't want to be in!

Edited by 2baht
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bignok said:

More abuse from you. Typical.

I've downloaded AI apps. The answers were no different to what I saw 20 years ago.

Where is the abuse in questioning some random comments you make that aren't related to anything posted ? Don't want people questioning or commenting to what your saying  then don't say it or take the replies that come back, your on an open public forum.

Your accurate in the second comment about current stock ai programs today. Most aren't much more than a typical web search with some formating capablility but no actual thinking or cognition involved. There are true AI programs now but 20 years ago the common program was nothing more than a search engine using word match. Thats not AI

• Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, 2baht said:

I like people who complain but can't help themselves from getting sucked into a thread they don't want to be in!

One of the regulars has gone missing. Havent seen him for weeks. Can't remember his name.

1 hour ago, Prubangboy said:

As the first person here to rightly pronounce you a Bogan, I ask you:

Why do you think it stuck so easily? Where are the contrarians saying, "no, he's not a bogan' .  

Is there even a single one? Will they come forward today?

Some of Bignok's language is a little bit boganish but I don't consider him a bogan. The classic bogan I think of is from the 80's or 90's with a mullet, rough, swearing, tend to work in physical jobs, mad about cars and outdoor pursuits such as driving said cars in the bush, but mainly drinking a lot e.g. say a slab of VB if you know what that is. They'll love Aussie bands like Cold Chisel. 

A true bogan is not likely to spend a lot of time chatting on a forum.

Bogan's got revenge, as a lot are tradies who now make crazy amounts of money compared to us in the office,  the common term being cashed up bogans. They are now into the most stylish attempts of renovations on their properties, eat the best food and coffees, and generally live large. Those that smirked at bogans have to think again. The bogans are winning. 

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

I tried it. 

A very confusing game if you ask me .First you have to address the ball, as if the ball cared 

Ok, I will go along, though I felt a bit  silly doing it. .

" Hello Bal" 

Then though everyone clearly stated at every sling " Four" the insisted at playing 18 holes. 

What's with up with that? 

Also don't anyone find the act of a bunch of guys walking around a field trying to get their balls in every hole they find, a bit disturbing,?

When I was dating my wife I had to tell her "Honey, there's something I need to tell you. I'm crazy about golf. I play golf every day and watch golf on tv every night"

She said "That's ok darling, there's something I need to tell you. I'm a hooker"

I said "That's ok honey. When you tee off, keep your left arm straight and your eye on the ball"

• Haha 1

Just now, sipi said:

When I was dating my wife I had to tell her "Honey, there's something I need to tell you. I'm crazy about golf. I play golf every day and watch golf on tv every night"

She said "That's ok darling, there's something I need to tell you. I'm a hooker"

I said "That's ok honey. When you tee off, keep your left arm straight and your eye on the ball"

sipi, had any interesting 15 page holidays lately?

3 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Some of Bignok's language is a little bit boganish but I don't consider him a bogan. The classic bogan I think of is from the 80's or 90's with a mullet, rough, swearing, tend to work in physical jobs, mad about cars and outdoor pursuits such as driving said cars in the bush, but mainly drinking a lot e.g. say a slab of VB if you know what that is. They'll love Aussie bands like Cold Chisel. 

A true bogan is not likely to spend a lot of time chatting on a forum.

Bogan's got revenge, as a lot are tradies who now make crazy amounts of money compared to us in the office,  the common term being cashed up bogans. They are now into the most stylish attempts of renovations on their properties, eat the best food and coffees, and generally live large. Those that smirked at bogans have to think again. The bogans are winning. 

Acdc

Winfield reds

Mag wheels

Non stop swearing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1