Saraburi soldier arrested for kidnap, sexual assault of 12 year old girl

snoop1130

8-จับ2.jpg

A 21 year old Saraburi soldier was apprehended by the authorities yesterday for kidnapping and sexually assaulting a 12 year old schoolgirl. Chaiyarat (surname withheld) first came into contact with the victim via Facebook before luring her to a friend’s house where the attack took place. The incident, which occurred earlier this year, was brought to the attention of the authorities by the victim’s mother.

Chaiyarat, who was serving in one of the army camps in Saraburi province, had fled his post. He was eventually tracked down and arrested at a worker’s accommodation in Sao Hai district, Saraburi.

The military command conducted the operation that led to his arrest. The warrant for his arrest was issued by the Military Court Region 23 on April 24, after evidence from witnesses had been gathered.

The incident came to light in January when the mother of the young girl, referred to as A, reported her daughter missing. She was supposed to pick up the 12 year old from school on January 27, but the girl was nowhere to be found. After failed attempts to contact her daughter, the mother learnt from A’s friends that she had left with the Saraburi soldier.

By Nattapong Westwood

Caption: Photo courtesy of KhaoSod

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-11-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Just now, 2baht said:

Why they do $#!t like this, I don't know, in a country with as many whores per capita than anywhere in Asia, there is no need to assault children! 

I don't think it's a matter of "available whores". Perhaps more like "something wrong upstairs". 

• Like 1

I hate to say it, but after reading the full story (from which this article is a scanty synopsis), it seems a possible interpretation could be something like the following:
Underage girl meets 18 year old guy. She agrees to go party with him after school. Does so, and does so all night. 
Comes home next morning, mother is angry, so she makes an excuse about being "led" to a friend's place and "assaulted" all night.

Her mother then, either because her daughter's acting skills are terrific or because she wants to believe her in order to save her own sense of pride, or even because she understands what I am going to write in the next paragraph, goes and makes the report. If there were another kind of evidence, such as bruises, I did not find it mentioned in the article. 

Now, I do not know the truth. I am simply offering a possible interpretation based on what I read. That said, we understand here that despite how conniving and duplicitous the girl could possibly be, a 12 year old is not considered able to consent to sexual activity. Consequently, the young man should not have gotten involved with her no matter how cool she talked and wanted to be, or what she agreed to, promised, or perhaps later lied about. You cannot act upon a child's words in these matters no matter how worldly they may pretend to be. This is why slang terms such as "jail bait" emerged.

Lesson learned for him, I guess, if he can learn. Who knows what punishment he will really get. From what I've seen in the news, it could depend on nothing more than the social standing of the mother vs his family, the personal opinion of the officer, how much money can be paid, or any other reason outside the ethical and healthy basis for consent law. And even were he sent to jail for a time, it doesn't mean he has the capacity to learn. People rationalize anything about their self gratification; adolescent boys even more so.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2