Multiple Non "O" Marriage visa in Savannakhet - November 2023 report

On 11/14/2023 at 10:35 AM, Kul1 said:

thanks for info Guys

my visa will expire 1 Dec,  any opinions about getting a retirement visa instead ? I can show funds  in America (IRA) ,  would be easier and cheaper than agent I use in Pattaya ,. Plus i now have to show up in person  for immigration photo , new rule (13 hrs on a bus sucks ! ) i live in mukdahan

any thoughts ? Thanks 🙏   

Savannakhet does issue Non O visas based on retirement with funds in an overseas bank account, but I do not think an IRA account would qualify. You could ask them. At best, this would mean border bounces every 90 days, but that would likely not be a major issue if you live in Mukdahan.

3 hours ago, grubman said:

One question, is the 400k the only option or are regular salary payment into the account monthly accepted

The amount each months is over the 200k each month 

It is doubtful whether Savannakhet will accept income. Officially, they do not. However, a bank book showing that amount going into your account each month over an extended period might persuade them.

On 11/15/2023 at 11:23 PM, BritTim said:

It is doubtful whether Savannakhet will accept income. Officially, they do not. However, a bank book showing that amount going into your account each month over an extended period might persuade them.

I'd be surprised, all my visits to Savankhet i get zero human interaction at the window, don't even think i've ever seen a persons face tbh.

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

After having lived here for more than 23 years, same address for the last 15 i find it pathetic all the docs they want from me.

As mentioned the 3 days to go svanakhet and back does not bother me, it's painless. The approx 15K cost againsts the 1900 baht for extension, does not concern me.

I agree 100% about how the Thai Immigration system treats long term Expats living in Thailand - utterly contemptable and ignorant.

Could I ask what the 15K Baht costs are? I thought the Marriage Visa was 5K Baht. Are you including travel and accomodation costs maybe?

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I agree 100% about how the Thai Immigration system treats long term Expats living in Thailand - utterly contemptable and ignorant.

Could I ask what the 15K Baht costs are? I thought the Marriage Visa was 5K Baht. Are you including travel and accomodation costs maybe?

correct - hotels, fuel and food.

• Thanks 1

Dropped of all paperwork on Wednesday morning, i'd have a gues at about 30-40 people in line, not many farangs.

Documents i submitted for 1 year non O based on marraige were:

- Signed copy of wifes Tabian Baan

- Signed copy of wifes ID card

- Signed copy of wifes passport

- Signed copy of my passport

- Signed copy of Laos visa and entry stamp

- Statement from bank showing funds ( dated from 2 days previously )

- Original marriage cert, which they barely glanced at

- 2 passport photos

- Completed application form

I also had with me which they did not need:

- Kor ror 2

- Photo copies of each page from bank book ( which someone mentioned they required )

It' a painless process, if you have the funds....worst part is the boredom in Savanakhet for 48 hours....

Edited by PJ71

I live In hua hin and also consider to get my 1 year non-o based on marriage in savana.

its basically the same visa that you could get from within Thailand and you don’t have to leave for a full year, right?

I have all the documents and the 400k and still trouble getting my non-o extended this year.

What’s the best way to get to savannakhet from Huahin? 

• Haha 1

On 12/5/2023 at 8:50 AM, fullofmax said:

I live In hua hin and also consider to get my 1 year non-o based on marriage in savana.

its basically the same visa that you could get from within Thailand and you don’t have to leave for a full year, right?

I have all the documents and the 400k and still trouble getting my non-o extended this year.

What’s the best way to get to savannakhet from Huahin? 

You could take a VIP bus from HH to Mukdahan where you would cross into Laos. With this visa type, you will need to leave the country every 90-days though. For me, I usually fly out to KL or Singapore and enjoy a couple of days shopping and taking a short break from Thailand. I have done 2 Non-O extensions in HH and found the IOs there to be very professional and courteous and we had no issues whatsoever with yearly extensions.

We moved upcountry last year and upon our first visit to file a TM30, we were met with IOs yelling at us for no reason whatsoever and they made my wife cry actually. Hence we will not deal with this office at all and I’m back on Non-O visas. The money I spend to do this every 90-days is money that I would otherwise spend taking trips domestically, helping the local thai economy of which we no longer do as a result of these guys. 

• Haha 1

On 11/15/2023 at 8:22 PM, sirineou said:

I think it has to show that the income has to be from outside Thailand 

Not necessary.

Salary of 40k baht and above is accepted from a Thai company.

WP, salary letter, 3 months Thai tax payments, company registration is required

10 hours ago, DrJoy said:

Not necessary.

Salary of 40k baht and above is accepted from a Thai company.

WP, salary letter, 3 months Thai tax payments, company registration is required

I have never done the income option, I just simply maintain the 400K  in the bank. But what you say

makes sense.

Just in case something happens and I dont have the required 400k seasoned for the 3 months required  (some say 2 months ) when ever I make a wise transfer, I chose the " for long stay purposes" option  from their drop down menu. I have been told that this is nessacery to show that the funds are from outside the country, but perhaps I misunderstood, and there is another reason for it. 

Hello All,

Sorry for hijacking the thread but I am entering Thailand on a 30 day visa exempt (UK citizen) and want to sort out my marriage visa at Savannakhet but I have a couple of questions that I would be grateful if somebody could help me with..

1... 400k has only in Thai bank for 1 month

2... I only have the 30 day visa I entered Thailand on ( could not get 90 day non o as I was away working and had no internet)

I have had the non o  marriage extension for the last 8 years but it expired in June.

Given the two points above does anyone out there think I will still be able to get a 1 year multi entry visa or will immigration refuse me....

Many thanks in advance....

On 12/5/2023 at 8:50 AM, fullofmax said:

No, the non O they issue in Savanakhet you need to leave Thailand every 90 days.

The extension you do within thailand you only need to report to imm every 9- days, not leave the country.

My multiple entry Non-O marriage visa exit stamp day is 25.12.23 and visa expires at January,if i just go out and come back like border run then how many months i get stamped? Info what i found is confusing, some say 3 months and some 1 month so what is truth about this situation.

3 hours ago, wallju said:

My multiple entry Non-O marriage visa exit stamp day is 25.12.23 and visa expires at January,if i just go out and come back like border run then how many months i get stamped? Info what i found is confusing, some say 3 months and some 1 month so what is truth about this situation.

If you do a border bounce exit on 25th Dec, then you would be stamped back into Thailand for 90 days (not 3 months), i.e., until 24th March 2024.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/11/2023 at 5:07 PM, 1tent42 said:

Can one just leave Thailand, apply for the marriage visa online and return with the approved e-visa?  Wouldn't this be more convenient?

I wish. U need to send your passport in so as far as I can surmise that would preclude this fine idea. You should be able to do this. I wonder if there will ever be a day the visa process gets easier instead of harder

On 11/30/2023 at 5:54 PM, Kul1 said:

well for those of you looking for the info 

just back yesterday from Savan, applied for a non O multi , REJECTED

I gave her all marriage docs plus my copy of bank account in a U.S with equivalent of 3million bht

she asked me where your statement from Thai bank , I replied no Thai bank account 

she replied 90 days only , your done , come back tomorrow after 2 

pleasant as a porcupine , snarl like pitbull .

more n more fun all the time 55555

So about 5 people said, unequivocally, that you could use a foreign account. And then we see this. Clear as mud. I guess you can’t. Idk. Who knows. It depends on what io had for lunch. 

On 11/15/2023 at 6:00 PM, PJ71 said:

The marriage extension process at immigration is a horrible process, i had to do it twice during covid times and i won't put up with the BS again.

I have no problem spending the extra money and going to Savankhett, it's painless.

I love how the only person who made any sense in the thread gets downvoted. Most people don’t realize it depends where you live on these marriage visa applications. In bangkok I admit it’s pretty easy. You go outside of bangkok and many times immigration officers are showing up at your house and asking for pictures and talking to neighbors. This gentleman is correct. It’s a terribly intrusive process. And if you don’t know or understand that you haven’t been through a difficult one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

I love how the only person who made any sense in the thread gets downvoted. Most people don’t realize it depends where you live on these marriage visa applications. In bangkok I admit it’s pretty easy. You go outside of bangkok and many times immigration officers are showing up at your house and asking for pictures and talking to neighbors. This gentleman is correct. It’s a terribly intrusive process. And if you don’t know or understand that you haven’t been through a difficult one. 

Totally true. While I have had no issues obtaining a legitimate annual extension at one office, it was a completely opposite experience at another office who treated us very poorly upcountry. It all depends on the office and come to find out, this office which made problems wants 35k bribe/extortion payment to authorized agent hence they don’t want married folks just walking on in. Said office already got nailed for issuing unlawful marriage extensions to Chinese triads so go figure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, khunjake said:

Totally true. While I have had no issues obtaining a legitimate annual extension at one office, it was a completely opposite experience at another office who treated us very poorly upcountry. It all depends on the office and come to find out, this office which made problems wants 35k bribe/extortion payment to authorized agent hence they don’t want married folks just walking on in. Said office already got nailed for issuing unlawful marriage extensions to Chinese triads so go figure.

I had an office deny an entire application over photos, which was absolutely ridiculous. I mean I suppose you’d just have to trust me, but it was. My legitimate read on it was she just wanted to deny us for any reason she could muster. 

That same application they made my mil come into the office! She works, she is a babysitter. So she had to take a day off work to come into the immigration office that was hours away. 

The immigration officers showed up at our house too. Not exaggerating when I say the whole thing was one of the most stressful and prolonged situations in my life. I will never, ever apply for a marriage “visa” unless it is in bangkok again. My wife full broke down a number of times during the process. 

people dont realize the only reason you’re getting “lucky” in bangkok is the volume they have is just to high to send officers to homes and do all the other stuff. So yeah they’ve “streamlined” it and good for them. Anyway, I just wanted to note to the poster who seems to think the iOs are fair and balanced: you’re just getting lucky. Yeah there are places where it’s relatively straightforward I’m sure. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Anyway, the new 400k deal is savanakhette is a bummer. I’d like to reiterate my wish to immigration that maybe one day they can make things easier instead of always more difficult, not that they’d listen. 

I would like to confirm the 400k is necessary to be in a thai bank account though. I actually came on here to ask upon joe about this. Was very sorry to see about his passing. He will be very missed by me. Only good source of info I ever had in an ever changing landscape of hoops. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Anyway, the new 400k deal is savanakhette is a bummer. I’d like to reiterate my wish to immigration that maybe one day they can make things easier instead of always more difficult, not that they’d listen. 

I would like to confirm the 400k is necessary to be in a thai bank account though. I actually came on here to ask upon joe about this. Was very sorry to see about his passing. He will be very missed by me. Only good source of info I ever had in an ever changing landscape of hoops. 

The reports have been the Savan consulate will only accept 400k+ shown in a personally held thai bank account for the multiple entry Non-o visa. Another posters application for a ME was rejected even though he showed the equivalent amount held in a foreign bank account. It seems they want to see the actual updated thai passbook.

Unless I decide to apply for a Non-o extension in either CW or in Hua Hin, I will continue going to Savan once a year which is very convenient and painless for me anyway. A few more years then I can apply for a retirement visa and subsequent extension with hopefully no hassles. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, khunjake said:

The reports have been the Savan consulate will only accept 400k+ shown in a personally held thai bank account for the multiple entry Non-o visa. Another posters application for a ME was rejected even though he showed the equivalent amount held in a foreign bank account. It seems they want to see the actual updated thai passbook.

Unless I decide to apply for a Non-o extension in either CW or in Hua Hin, I will continue going to Savan once a year which is very convenient and painless for me anyway. A few more years then I can apply for a retirement visa and subsequent extension with hopefully no hassles. 

That’s my plan too. Do you happen to drive or do you partake in one of these services? I’m probably gonna drive but seems it’ll be a bit of a pain dealing with the car and overnight parking. 

4 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

That’s my plan too. Do you happen to drive or do you partake in one of these services? I’m probably gonna drive but seems it’ll be a bit of a pain dealing with the car and overnight parking. 

Parking at Thai side of bridge in Mukdahan is totally painless, very easy and your vehicle is under shade and protected.

250THB per 24 hours, hard to beat if you ask me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1