Pattaya Police Intensify Search for Suspects Who Mugged Russian Tourist

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — Pattaya police are intensively searching for two suspects who mugged a young Russian woman on Jomtien Second Road on Thursday, November 9th.

First our previous story:
A 23-year-old Russian woman said she was attacked and robbed of her phone by two Thai men in Pattaya in the small hours of yesterday, November 9th.

Now for our update:

Investigators from the Pattaya Police Station, accompanied by the Russian victim, her boyfriend, and an interpreter, went to the scene of the incident yesterday, November 10th, to illustrate the crime.

According to the victim, Ms. Aleksandra Rychkova, 23, she was walking with her boyfriend back to their condominium from a convenience store. Upon arriving at the incident scene, her boyfriend wanted to pee, so they stopped, and he went into the forested area beside the road to take care of his bladder issue.

However, while waiting for her companion, Ms. Aleksandra was confronted by a Thai male assailant wearing a full-face red motorcycle helmet. He tried to forcibly snatch her mobile phone from her hand.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2023-11-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Surely by now the Thai male assailant wearing a full face motorcycle helmet would be extremely difficult, if not impossible,  to find

This looks more like a photo op??

Once they have the exact(or close enough) timeline, they’ll track them via CCTV…which they have already done to a certain extent. 

Edited by NextG

Perhaps same Thais who tried to snag my phone from me in Jomtien beach 3 months ago. 3 guys on a Honda wave came from behind and pulled my hand and my phone. Police didn't care about it because I didn't lose anything. It was directly under the CCTV, and I told police the time. They laughed at me while I left.

I threw a bottle at one of them and he probably got a bit hurt, so I didn't push it.

Edited by EdrigoSalvadore