Aggressive Taxi Drivers that hang around outside hotels.

bob smith

Just now, HappyExpat57 said:

Yeah Bob, we're all wrong, you're the only one who is right. Pfah.

well seeing as though its what I saw and not you I would say that's correct.

unless you also saw something similar?

Edited by bob smith
  • Sad 1

Just now, daveAustin said:

Motorbike taxi and tuk-tuk drivers (esp in Phuket) can be shady and aggressive, but wouldn't say so wholesale. One tends to attract how one rolls. Perhaps the op needs to chill out a bit or perhaps lay off the sauce. :whistling:

The Tuk Tuk dudes in Siem Reap are just brutal, although I wouldnt call them aggressive or intimidating. 

My method is when they say "Hellooooo Papa", I merely respond: "No need Weed, no Ketamine, no morphine, no lady boom boom, no ladyboy" and they usually laugh and hunt someone else down.

I don't get that in Bangkok at all, in any tourist area. Africans yes, Indian watch sellers yes, Taxi guys, no. Not in front of any hotel, not in front of Thermae, no where. They may quote a stupid price but a smile and no thanks and they go away.

Maybe the OP brings it on himself by going full yob on some poor Thai guy who asks if he wants a ride. We will probably see a post from him entitled "Gang of Taxi dudes beats me up". Can probably understand why.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bob smith said:

and yet here you are, still commenting on it.

haven't you got anything better to do?

No not really, its just about 8am here in beautiful non touristy Northern BKK and Im watching the boats on the river, trying to decide on breakfast, smoking a bowl of high grade Nepalese hash and amusing myself by watching some dude on the internet make a total idiot of himself.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I think we know Bob from time to time may use some artistic license in his posts, but some taxi drivers outside hotels can be a bit pushy and arrogant and it can be a bit annoying when they charge way above the norm, so there is room for discussion I would have thought ... 

it seems that i have really hit a nerve with this thread.

not quite sure why, as i thought it was common knowledge that most taxi drivers that hang around hotels in tourist hot spots are up to no good.

Edited by bob smith
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, bob smith said:

not quite sure why, as i thought it was common knowledge that most taxi drivers that hang around hotels in tourist hot spots are up to no good.

It's those pesky tailors showing me pics of suits that piss me off, het the fork away from me.

5 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Folks like a car crash. Your post is like a chicken truck colliding with a pole. Folks gonna have to watch.

Everyone knows that a taxi driver in front of hotel asks more money. Thats the way it is and alwys will be. Walk around the coner. 

You should have been here before meters and the BTS/MRT

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

from what I have seen they are dangerous,

They are now even resorting to going up to tourists sat in restaurants eating with their city tour placards and waving them in their faces.

it's disgusting, and if they ever did that to a family member of mine in my presence I would clock him square on the chin.

oh what a tough guy sitting at a keyboard...yeah go ahead and clock a taxi driver on the chin and see how it works out when the baseball bats and machetes come out....only a fool would "clock" a taxi driver....be sure and have someone post your pic in the hospital bed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pomchop said:

oh what a tough guy sitting at a keyboard...yeah go ahead and clock a taxi driver on the chin and see how it works out when the baseball bats and machetes come out....only a fool would "clock" a taxi driver....be sure and have someone post your pic in the hospital bed

1 on 1 I would eat them for breakfast.

trouble is thais dont fight 1 on 1 do they, and they have to resort to weapons in a fist fight.

what do you call that? I’ve got a word for it..

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

Standing around is no good?