What to do when you know too much?

bob smith

5 hours ago, bob smith said:

when i first became proficient in Thai.

The amount of times you hear that --after someone talks with a bar girl.

In Thailand it typically means “good enough to get by, and after 26 years of living here mainly in Issan --sometime in remote areas, That certainly describes me. No--sorry, I don't know to much.

"A proficient language skill refers to an ability to speak, write, and read a language without any difficulty at all.......Google

• Love It 1

31 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Never mind, man. You will not accept an explanation like that anyway. No more discussion needed. You right! Me wrong. 

That's what I thought, weak. 

Because I think 5,000 baht is a cheap lesson to a young couple on holiday, does not mean I condone them being cheated. Were it up to me, I would have cheaters prosecuted and jailed if convicted. 

Not all tuk-tuk drivers are cheaters, and tourists love riding in them. 

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Not all tuk-tuk drivers are cheaters

that’s correct.

but 99% of those that hang around hotels like a bad small are cheaters.

Thats why they do it. they pay police hoping to make a quick unethical buck..

all of them can go suck lemons as far as im concerned .

Edited by bob smith

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

That's what I thought, weak. 

Because I think 5,000 baht is a cheap lesson to a young couple on holiday, does not mean I condone them being cheated. Were it up to me, I would have cheaters prosecuted and jailed if convicted. 

Not all tuk-tuk drivers are cheaters, and tourists love riding in them. 

Exactly, you explained it yourself. However, you also tried to talk it away. 

3 minutes ago, bob smith said:

that’s correct.

but 99% of those that hang around hotels like a bad small are cheaters.

Thats why they do it. they pay police hoping to make a quick unethical buck..

all of them can go suck lemons as far as im concerned .

Hey you never showed at the parking lot chicken! 

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Talk what away? You made a false claim and then ran away when you got called on it. 

Ok, no running man. In your latest explanation you added you wish to see them convicted. That you did not do in your first comment, which led to sounding like you condoned the behavior as it sounded like it did not matter with 5k and it was only a cheap lesson. However, last time with the addition it sounded better. You are upping your game. Is that enough, or do you need any more info?

8 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, no running man. In your latest explanation you added you wish to see them convicted. That you did not do in your first comment, which led to sounding like you condoned the behavior as it sounded like it did not matter with 5k and it was only a cheap lesson. However, last time with the addition it sounded better. You are upping your game. Is that enough, or do you need any more info?

What I said was: "It's only money, cheap lesson if they're young. About time they learn if they are old."

It never occurred to me that anyone would assume from this that I condone criminal behavior. I would much prefer that there was no crime and no criminals, but I'm not holding my breath. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bob smith said:

you clearly havent read my OP, because if you did you would have seen that I have never tried it yet.

why are you lying?

probably havent done it because you cant hear the conversation on the street from your bar stool and your too drunk to walk that far anyway. Doubt the premise of your involvment in a situation like this to start with. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bignok said:

He hates everyone. Just ignore him.

I don't 'hate' anyone, just calling out the most egregious of baby talk, ie. most of what you and Bob post. 

If you start posting worthwhile comments then you'll get praise, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Troll away bignoob.

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

If you live here a long time, become Thai then they can't say it about you. 

You can not become Thai.  You can only be born Thai. You might have a Thai passport but you will never be Thai. 

• Love It 1