Pattaya Police Not Enforcing Pedestrain Crosswalk Light Violations

Banana7

On 11/13/2023 at 4:06 PM, NextG said:

So you lend your car to a family member and then you become responsible for their every traffic violation and/or crime…?

Easy ,Don't Lend ones car to Anyone unless you state that any Tickets have to be paid by the driver , Up to you as they say.

As a truck driver ,not the owner is responsible for the vehicle being road worthy and overloading and driving the Hours he can drive for the Log book.

It's up t o the driver to drive the truck or not Not the owner the owner may sack you but there are many truck drivers wanted.

7 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

Damn those Americans. Question, how many other countries provide school bus transportation for their students? Not in Thailand, not in Mexico last time I was there, hmm, if fact I have not recall witnessing this in any of the countries I have visited (certainly not the majority of the world's countries).

Australia provides school bus transport to and from school & the train stations. None of this stupid ways the Yankees do it, stop on both sides of the road when kids get off the bus. Kids get off the bus, cars on both sides of the road keep driving like normal. No stopping and waiting for the school bus.

Edited by bbi1

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Australia provides school bus transport to and from school & the train stations. None of this stupid ways the Yankees do it, stop on both sides of the road when kids get off the bus. Kids get off the bus, cars on both sides of the road keep driving like normal. No stopping and waiting for the school bus.

Thank you for telling me that Australia provides school transportation for all students, truly, I did not know as I have not studied nor visited Australia. As to the mandatory stopping to allow the students safe time to cross the road upon entering or exiting the school bus and crossing the road safely? I will continue to support. But then to each  country and their population … their sovereign choice without others condemnation … my valued Allie.

Edited by wwest5829

11 hours ago, morrobay said:

That's a no brainer : Pedestrian overpasses. Besides waiting for a gap the pedestrian bridges are the only safe crossing. And spare the "people won't use them " line, that's their problem 

It shouldn't be a problem for anyone.  Light controlled pedestrian crossings work well in many countries because drivers comply with them.  Thai drivers don't comply with many 'rules of the road' - and not stopping at crossings is probably one of the most ignored.   What is the point of a police force that doesn't enforce the law?

Bridges are not without their problems - gangs of youths congregate on them in some areas of Bangkok, god knows why but they have been known to throw things off them.

How difficult would it be for the government to 'enforce' their powers and tell the police to do their bloody job?

On 11/13/2023 at 4:11 PM, Woof999 said:

It's not that difficult. In many countries it's the owners responsibility to identify the driver. If they can't they are responsible for the violation. Perfectly reasonable.

And companies must than use a driver book for EVERY USE!!!

10 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

It shouldn't be a problem for anyone.  Light controlled pedestrian crossings work well in many countries because drivers comply with them.  Thai drivers don't comply with many 'rules of the road' - and not stopping at crossings is probably one of the most ignored.   What is the point of a police force that doesn't enforce the law?

Bridges are not without their problems - gangs of youths congregate on them in some areas of Bangkok, god knows why but they have been known to throw things off them.

How difficult would it be for the government to 'enforce' their powers and tell the police to do their bloody job?

Ya all can talk about the police non enforcement and the "problems" with pedestrian bridges until the cows come home. While this poor young women lost her life.

17 hours ago, Henryford said:

I never use the pedestrian cross walks, the most dangerous place to cross the road. I have been nearly run down 3 times using them.  Just get an open stretch of road and cross when it's clear.

Open stretch of road, yeah, great, good one. If such a thing exists, the next vehicle will be speeding to get you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2023 at 11:54 PM, MangoKorat said:

So both Foreigners and Thai people should just accept that the roads are highly dangerous and will never change?

It's a fact of life so yes.

Re the lights, I was there in Pattaya when they were erected and I never saw cars stop in Pattaya for the red lights. There was even a VDO of a cop car not stopping for the red light.

Eventually they just turned the lights off.

Edited by thaibeachlovers