DHL Courier from UK to Thailand

John9

Some important documents received at my UK address needs to be couriered to Thailand along with my activated new SIM (UK Number).  Trying to fill pick up online DHL asks for registration with Thai authorities for custom clearance and number for same ? Could not understand this.  Has anyone recently got documents  from UK and gone through this ? What n how do I get this registration from Thai customs ? Tried to phone DHL office in Bangkok could not get explanation guidance. Advice required from anyone who has done this confirming how to do and why as an individual required to register just to get my bank/legal documents by Courier ? My UK friend checked with local Royal Mail Post office and was told it is ilegal to courier activated sim abroad - if that is correct than it will only documents. SIM i can collect when I go next year. All advice opinion will be appciated and I thank you all in advance.

DHL - I must have struck the perfect times for flights, new passport from Wellington New Zealand was picked up by DHL on a Monday 9am - tracked via Auckland -  Singapore - Bangkok and was available for collection at the DHL Chanthaburi city office Wednesday afternoon. I'd expected a week. 

10/10.

20 hours ago, In the jungle said:

I agree.  I use DHL for Thailand to UK now.

I gave up on Thai post as they have proven to be too slow and unreliable.

Thai Post is not the problem. My last set of documents sent to UK via Thai Post registered mail spent two weeks in customs at Heathrow.

DHL is my go-to delivery service when given a choice.  They are extremely reliable and communicate well making the process too easy.

The only difficulty is assigning them as an import agent for you which involves going down to customs with your passport and filling out their form.  I've also assigned UPS which I don't recommend as they aren't the brightest bulb here.

I'm now waiting for my new ATM card to arrive from the UK, Royal Mail, posted at 11am 11/11

Arr BKK 8.20am 15/11

In transit 01.27 16/11

I can't put my address even for registered mail my postman is crap, so it will go to my wife's shop 1klm away, if the postman is not picking up his kid from school and siting eating ice cream, he might eventually deliver it, if he can be bovered init. Yeh a tenner to send.  :coffee1:........:coffee1:.......🍴....:coffee1:.

• 2 weeks later...

I collected my passport at DHL Express Suvarnabhumi Airport on 6th Nov.

It took less than three days from UK and that was over the weekend.

Called to arrange the pickup instead of it coming all the way to my home so I could go straight to the airport. Found them very helpful and no glitches.

Same applies to when I sent it to UK.

• Thumbs Up 1