Illegal botox operation uncovered in Chumphon beauty clinic

webfact

image.jpeg

Cyber Crime Investigation Bureau officers raided a renowned beauty clinic, arresting a 31 year old medical assistant, identified as Urairat. Today, she was caught operating an illegal Botox and skin whitening injection operation on the premises located in Sukkasem Road, Tha Taphao, Chumphon.

The suspect revealed that she had learnt the injection procedure from a doctor and initially practised on her relatives before starting the service for customers.

The illegal botox operation raid, led by Police Lieutenant Colonel Phumipat Phatrasriwongchai, seized 92 syringes, three syringe needles, 116 injection needles, and an aluminium box for storing medical injection tools from the beauty salon. Also confiscated were two bottles of alcohol for cleaning, a box of medical examination gloves, a used 200-unit Botox bottle without Thai labels, and a used syringe with a needle, which had been used on an undercover officer.

The sting operation was initiated following advertisements of cosmetic surgery services on a Facebook account named Tang Oh Beauty (Facial, Cream Selling). An undercover agent contacted the account to request Botox services.

by Nattapong Westwood 

Photo: KhaoSod

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-11-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

I know botox treatments are pretty safe and millions have had them.

Even still, when I worked in a hospital there was a patient who was poisoned by  "Botulinum toxin one of the most poisonous biological substances known, is a neurotoxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2856357/

This lady had nearly complete paralysis of all skeletal muscles, she could blink her eyes but not under conscious control, so she answered Y/N questions by moving her toes.

I don't remember the progress of her disease but per the MDs the expectation was that she would eventually recover spontaneously.

It was nothing to do with Botox, I believe it was contaminated food.

But that was such a scary thing to see I would not be eager to try Botox.