British tourist left shocked after ‘Wild West’ amid rolling brawl among club hostesses and dancers

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Significantly, the city’s entertainment district has been experiencing a revival this year as numbers rise inexorably with the recovery of the country’s foreign tourism industry.

Clearly not written by the same jounalists that have been reporting recent drops in tourism.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, it is what it is said:
4 hours ago, CDG931 said:

Any pretext is good to trigger these savages.

Who would want to  frequent these places? 

you talk as if thailand is the only place where fights break out in bars? savages, to use your term, exist in every country

Can you explain where, anywhere, in the post you refer to when the poster even suggests that these incidents only take place in Thailand? Thanks.

That is a maidens aunt tea party to what happened in Cristobal, Panama, New Years Eve, 1982.

When local boat skippers came into the redlight, waterfront drinking dens saying we all need to get on the boats and head back to the ships before midnight (At anchor in the canal) something happened and 3+ bars/brothels emptied, windows smashed, bottles thrown, stabbings, kidnappings and one boat set adrift and its skipper thrown in the water. 

Being in our twenties we could run faster than the older guys who were robbed without a happy ending.

LK Metro GoGo bar brawl pales away to what goes on in waterfront bars.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, sambum said:

Yes, in spite of the Pattaya defenders spouting the delights of the place, this only serves to back up my post of a few days ago re "Pattaya - Family Friendly Resort?"

No it doesn't, it fits exactly where and when trouble is likely to happen for those single adults here for the nightlife side of things. As the replies pointed out to your post a few days ago, families don't take their kids to a Go-Go bar in Soi Buakhao in the early hours of Sunday morning.

There's often a complete lack of training and awareness given to staff.

Some of the rabid comments can be quite close particularly if a couple of girls are on yabba, there's not much that can be done about that out in the wild.

Here's though they are employed by a bar, there's a level of professionalism that it makes sense to drill into staff, fines, license impacts, money loss not to mention the basic stop being a mental case if you want to work here.

The bar needs fined unfortunately, its responsible for it's staff, if there is trouble that's what your security is for, not mad wee sarah and her crazy gang on aisle 5.

• Haha 1

After another article like this I started a couple of months ago kind of survey thread in this forum to find out how many of the farangs who live in Thailand were ever attacked without any reason.

There were many replies and (almost?) everybody replied that they never got into any unprovoked trouble in Thailand.

That's the same with me.

I visited many bars in many locations many times and I never had a situation where one or more Thais started a fight without a reason.

Normally it just doesn't happen if you don't provoke them. And if you provoke them then maybe learn from your mistakes and don't do it again.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Really?

How often was anybody triggered by you or your friends?

IMHO there is always a reason why these things happen. And normally there are warning signs before anything happens. And there are moments to say I am sorry and walk away.

But of course, some people think they can do whatever they want, and nothing will happen. Yeah, sure, just try it. 

I agree. I have not read all the comments herein but Thai women revel in one up-womanship and his girlfriend had an ulterior motif and it worked.

What most men coming to Thailand don't realise is that many of these women are the equivalent to chavs back in the UK. They are basically the underbelly of society – feral, as someone noted above. It's got nothing to do with being poor. Many poor people the world over are peaceful and well-mannered. It is in the upbringing. Bad parenting: abuse, addiction,  etc. 

27 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

They are basically the underbelly of society – feral, as someone noted above. It's got nothing to do with being poor. 

True, the proper name for them is "bar girls". 

7 hours ago, it is what it is said:

you talk as if thailand is the only place where fights break out in bars? savages, to use your term, exist in every country

You are correct, of course. However, this news item and subsequent comment relate not to those savages in other countries, but explicitly "these savages" right here. Savages of the world - unite!

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

why take his Gf to a go-go?  just stupid imho

I met my gf in a gogo bar. We visited her friends in other bars or just had some drinks.

It's no problem.

It can be a problem if the "gf" tries to pick up other customers. That is obviously something she shouldn't do. But then, she should know that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Bar girls are not interested in any dick, big or small. They are working to make money.

Having lived with a go go dancer from Patpong my opinion differs from yours.  At least you didn't trot out the "Thai man no goot " line that so many buy into.