Thailand Launches Policy to Target Suspected Illegal Influential Figures Nationwide

webfact

Interesting that the police will not be involved in any of this.  I wonder if Chada and any of his family, such as his son in law, a mayor who was just arrested for extortion, are on any of these lists.

It all sounds like a nice little earner.  You are on the red list and the DOPA SWAT team is coming for you next Tuesday.  Let's play high stakes golf for a few million a hole and I promise you my golf is really bad. 

• Agree 1

If they would be serious about this, then they first would have to create a long list of all influential people in Thailand.

That list will obviously include high ranking police officers, military, politicians and businesspeople. They are all influential - by definition.

And after they have that list then they need criteria when are influential people illegally influential.

I.e. if they regularly commit crimes, including corruption, extortion, murder and others.

And of course, this should be independent of political affiliations.

Now, who in Thailand is qualified to do this work to sort who of the influential people is criminal?

In theory the police should be qualified for this.

But this is Thailand, and we all know that the police are part of the problem and not so much part of the solution.

Summary: Mission impossible! Currently it can't possibly happen in a just way in Thailand. 

• Agree 2