Mae Sot, Kampaeng Phet

bignok

8 hours ago, bignok said:

You have issues with sex it seems. Go talk to a priest or someone.

Actually I already said I prefer trip advisor and lonely planet, you are the one planning travel with is what is basically a sex tourist site.

Now jog on......

He did this exact same post a year ago.

I made fun of him for referencing the long (long) moribund Redcat site and laughed at him for thinking that the Kamphaeng historic site was much bigger than a small Makro car park. 

The Bogan asked: "Wot about the karaoke opportunities?".

Edited by Prubangboy
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

I made fun of him for referencing the long (long) moribund Redcat site and laughed at him for thinking that the Kamphaeng historic site was much bigger than a small Makro car park. 

Who is the bogan?

12 hours ago, sungod said:

Actually I already said I prefer trip advisor and lonely planet, you are the one planning travel with is what is basically a sex tourist site.

Now jog on......

No I plan using google. TA is pretty crap.

I think you have issues with sex. 

I simply asked for some inside knowledge.

7 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

You said Sukhothai was worth half a day. I spent 3 nights there. Awesome restaurant there and good hotels.

12 hours ago, sungod said:

Now jog on......

Why did you respond to this topic? Clearly you have no idea about these places.

I went to both a couple of years ago. Kamphaeng Phet has nice ruins well worth a walk around. We drove on to Mae Sot and spent a night there then drove south to Umphang to visit Thi lor su waterfall which is quite impressive. That's quite a long winding drive and apart from a lazy raft ride down the river and waterfall not much else to do. Had to return to Mae Sot which doesn't seem to have much going for it except for the Burma border which was closed due to Covid. We drove up to Mae Hong Son and not much at all along the boring windy road until close to Mae Hong Son itself.

10 hours ago, LittleBear57 said:

I went to both a couple of years ago. Kamphaeng Phet has nice ruins well worth a walk around. We drove on to Mae Sot and spent a night there then drove south to Umphang to visit Thi lor su waterfall which is quite impressive. That's quite a long winding drive and apart from a lazy raft ride down the river and waterfall not much else to do. Had to return to Mae Sot which doesn't seem to have much going for it except for the Burma border which was closed due to Covid. We drove up to Mae Hong Son and not much at all along the boring windy road until close to Mae Hong Son itself.

Thanks for info. Map says Phrae has more things of interest.

I had a girlfriend in Phitsanulok back in 2006 and with a friend on holiday from Australia we hired a car and drove around the area.

We visited Sukhothai Historical Park and then drove through Tak to Mae Sot.

The drive thru the mountains is quiet spectacular, as was the view from the restaurants above the Mae Sot valley.

Evidently, the mountain drive from Tak to Mae Sot is the most dangerous in Thailand and the scene of many accidents, so I would take care.

The highlight for my Australian friend was the historical park and the jewelry she bought from the Mae Sot markets down by the border with Myanmar.

Evidently, the jewelry, which I thought was junk, when insured was valued at about 10 times what she paid for it.

The only night action in the whole area was in the disco at the Topland Plaza Hotel disco in Phitlok.

I had previously spent some time in Kamphaeng Phet at Songkran the year before and it was like any other small Thai city, boring.

• Thanks 1