Clear notifications button

BobBKK

3 minutes ago, VBF said:

Clear notifications button missing for me too as of Saturday 25-11-23 @ 17:20 Thailand time.

After reading your post, I checked, and it seems you are right! mine is gone also. They should have a setting where they automatically clear after a length of time of your choice 

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, sirineou said:

After reading your post, I checked, and it seems you are right! mine is gone also. They should have a setting where they automatically clear after a length of time of your choice 

I sent a message to Support on the subject and the reply I got was

"Work in progress, huge task will take time. and everything has its priority."

I suspect  (but don't know) that some of the code had to be rolled back for whatever reason - I guess we all "chill" for a while longer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VBF said:

I sent a message to Support on the subject and the reply I got was

"Work in progress, huge task will take time. and everything has its priority."

I suspect  (but don't know) that some of the code had to be rolled back for whatever reason - I guess we all "chill" for a while longer.

I agree

My understanding is that there sever , or one of the servers that was hosting the forum  got hacked and they had to move the forum to a different server. Not sure what is involved with tis and is some files were corrupted. but I am sure they are working hard to restore functionality , 

we need to have patients, I am sure they will resolve everything in due time.  

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I agree

My understanding is that there sever , or one of the servers that was hosting the forum  got hacked and they had to move the forum to a different server. Not sure what is involved with tis and is some files were corrupted. but I am sure they are working hard to restore functionality , 

we need to have patients, I am sure they will resolve everything in due time.  

We was NOT hacked, but we changed datacenter because we wanted a higher grade of hosting. During this weekend we are fine tuning everything. Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, george said:

We was NOT hacked, but we changed datacenter because we wanted a higher grade of hosting. During this weekend we are fine tuning everything. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Been there, done that as my earlier comment about rolling back code might have suggested 😎

Fun, ain't it? 

Just now, george said:

I am not in the habit of spreading unfounded rumors. and did not say that you were hacked but rather that one of the servers you use to host the forum was hacked. 

I think I read on your FB page, ot at the forum I don't remember where that there was a breach at one of the servers the forum was posted , I think it was a US based server, and that part or all   had to be moved to a different server. 

Did I imagine that ? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2023 at 11:23 AM, george said:

These are so called plugins, from external developers. It's not part of the core software package. As we have changed to latest version of forum software, we are waiting for these developers to release a version that we can use. Next week is my best guess 🙏🏼

Bumping this thread but "Clear notifications" button still missing.

Any clues @george...?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/24/2023 at 9:58 AM, BobBKK said:

I can't seem to find this since the upgrade?

It's gone and I have 11 pages of notifications now. Not that it costs me a cent but is there any impact on performance (open notifications)?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, frantick said:

Just open "view notifications" in a new tab, then close the new tab. Done and dusted. 

That doesn't seem to work for me.  Maybe Browser dependent?  I use Brave.

Anyway, I would like to see the 'clear notifications' and 'return to top' options restored.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, frantick said:

Just open "view notifications" in a new tab, then close the new tab. Done and dusted. 

Doesn't work for me in Chrome or Edge on Windows 10

I've tried opening in New Tab and New Window and tried reloading pages. All that happens is that the notifications that were bold indicating that they've not been read yet revert to normal type when you read them. But they're all still there.

However @frantick that is the behaviour  I'd expect - what you're seeing is technically wrong!

Would you mind sharing your config information please:

What OS?

What Browser?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, VBF said:

Doesn't work for me in Chrome or Edge on Windows 10

I've tried opening in New Tab and New Window and tried reloading pages. All that happens is that the notifications that were bold indicating that they've not been read yet revert to normal type when you read them. But they're all still there.

However @frantick that is the behaviour  I'd expect - what you're seeing is technically wrong!

Would you mind sharing your config information please:

What OS?

What Browser?

Sorry, should have said just that notifications will become unbolded. I don't really care how many "read" messages are in my notifications. 

Chrome on Android. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, frantick said:

Sorry, should have said just that notifications will become unbolded. I don't really care how many "read" messages are in my notifications. 

Chrome on Android. 

Thanks - that, as I said, is the "expected behaviour" until the "Clear Notifications" option is restored.

I and others would like to see it restored. 

Hopefully @george or one of his team are reading this and will give us an update - probably after the "silly season" has passed 🎅🏻

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Still no change, is there any way to delete the piling pages of notifications?

Not as far as I know - I'm up to 4 pages myself

As I said in my last post "Hopefully @george or one of his team are reading this and will give us an update - I'm assuming the Devs and Testers etc are now back to work. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2024 at 8:41 AM, AhFarangJa said:

Still no change, is there any way to delete the piling pages of notifications?

It was put back then disappeared again?

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, BobBKK said:

It was put back then disappeared again?

Was it? I didn't see that but it might mean that they're testing the plug-in with a view to restoring it permanently.

I have no inside knowledge, but that's based on my previous experience with similar sites. If what you say is correct, it could at least illustrate that someone is doing something. :mellow: