Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

3 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Hardest course in the British Army being a cook, nobody has ever passed it yet. 

Israels concern is protecting its own citizens, the Palestinians are brainwashed into killing Israelis, don't start wars then start crying when you are losing, wars don't work like that. Them that start wars don't get a say when it ends! 

Obviously have no idea of the British military, as for the rest of your rubbish, tell me the same in 50 years time when this is still going on, unless Israel changes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Jeff the Chef said:

Obviously have no idea of the British military, as for the rest of your rubbish, tell me the same in 50 years time when this is still going on, unless Israel changes.

The only chance of anything changing is for Hamas to go and be replaced by a group that wants a peaceful existence with Israel .

Palestinians need to change 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

So dodging the question on the one, and making another biased irrational comment on the other (like....you expect Israel to change and the Hamas stay the same? How would that work?)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Did you experience close combat in hostile city centres with terrorists trying to kill you and they are within spitting distance (real life situations and not training exercises ?)?

Have you been in similar situations to these IDF guys ?

Did you ever stand in a food line with your whole family and watch a 500 pound bomb falling out of the sky toward you?

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

So dodging the question on the one, and making another biased irrational comment on the other (like....you expect Israel to change and the Hamas stay the same? How would that work?)

On the contrary, Hamas will go and unless the Palestinians elect a pro-peace government another Hamas like entity will carry on exactly the same.

Hopefully the Israeli people will also elect a peace loving government that can live in peace as well, or this will all be on rinse and repeat for another 75 years.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Did you experience close combat in hostile city centres with terrorists trying to kill you and they are within spitting distance (real life situations and not training exercises ?)?

Have you been in similar situations to these IDF guys ?

Yes I did, in the 70's Belfast and Armagh, in the city and in open countryside, the Paddies could shoot and bomb better than Hamas too.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Did you ever stand in a food line with your whole family and watch a 500 pound bomb falling out of the sky toward you?

You keep reporting my posts .

At least three times now you've  posted that you've reported my posts .

The last reported post was you falsely accusing me of something that I didn't do 

As you keep trying to get me banned ,  I wont be replying to you anymore . 

Reply to me if you want, but don't expect me to reply to you 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Do you always make daft out of context comments without reading topics?

12 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

On the contrary, Hamas will go and unless the Palestinians elect a pro-peace government another Hamas like entity will carry on exactly the same.

Hopefully the Israeli people will also elect a peace loving government that can live in peace as well, or this will all be on rinse and repeat for another 75 years.

You original comment mentioned only Israel, hence the question.

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Yes I did, in the 70's Belfast and Armagh, in the city and in open countryside, the Paddies could shoot and bomb better than Hamas too.

How many bullets were fired directly at you by the enemy ?

Were you in gun fights where the enemy is in the same building and firing at you ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

No, they couldn't. That's you saying stuff.

They had nothing like the means and the firepower Hamas does.

29 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Opinion lol, 9 years in the UK forces so I have no idea what a professional army is.

As for your comments on Israel's loss of support, tell that to the dead and dying.

Relevant question. Do you have real combat experience in dense urban warfare against a terrorist enemy willing to do literally anything no matter how inhuman and against all the rules of war? Did you learn how soldiers react in those conditions? 

The IDF conducted a full probe and condemned both the action and the soldier responsible. They also discussed what lead to it. In summary, paragraph A above. For detail you can read here.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I have a lot of idea about the British Military and one of the things I do know is that there are not many antisemtic soldiers/airmen or sailors that have served, I'm sorry Jeff but you are one of a kind. Try thinking outside the box instead of chosing to berate the Israelis all the time! 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Wouldn't of expected anything else, same as you don't care how many die to keep Israel an Apartheid State.

Why would I care less what you said after you made it clear in an inflammatory personal post against me what you think. Yes I still have it on screenshot, and as for the link I provided, unlike you I stick to the rules:

18. Social media content is acceptable in most forums. However in factual areas such as but not limited to news, current affairs and health topics, social media cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or a government agency

Don't tell me how much I care about people dying troll.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Here's a clue Jeff, the Israelis are not brainwashed but the Palestinians are! HTH. 

That's a wide-brush comment, and is not true.

There are many Israelis who would qualify, and there are parties well into this kind of hatred.

Plus, whether you call it brainwashed or indoctrinated, or whatever - Israelis have their own narrative (and that's fine).

The difference is that in Israel there's an opposition and even a pro-peace camp. Less of that among Palestinians in general, and in the Gaza Strip specifically.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Morch said:

That's a wide-brush comment, and is not true.

There are many Israelis who would qualify, and there are parties well into this kind of hatred.

Plus, whether you call it brainwashed or indoctrinated, or whatever - Israelis have their own narrative (and that's fine).

The difference is that in Israel there's an opposition and even a pro-peace camp. Less of that among Palestinians in general, and in the Gaza Strip specifically.

What's the difference between brainwashed and indoctrinated, children play games pretending to stab Israelis. When the Israelis start to microwave babies and cut fetuses out of mothers I might have some sympathy, but at the moment my tolerances are extremely stretched. 

Nobody is saying that the Israelis are perfect but there is no comparison to this lot that want to see the end of Israel and the Israelis! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Have you and when you did what did you do?

If you have not stood in such a food line why make the comment?

I can see what happened to those who did? Why didn't you ask Nick Carter if he'd had close close combat with Hamas?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Please explain?

Did you actually see it happen or do you mean you believe what you imagined what it would look like?

I was responding to a similarly rhetorical question about personally witnessing a Hamas attack.

The probability of the scenario I described not happening? NIL.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Do you think it's possible for 3 unarmed civilians waving a white flag to be killed in friendly fire? 

Yes!

By accident, wrong intelligence, misinformation, heat of battle etc.

Just Google the number of so called "Friendly Fire" deaths in the Gulf war both "US on US" and "US on UK" forces!

6 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

What's the difference between brainwashed and indoctrinated, children play games pretending to stab Israelis. When the Israelis start to microwave babies and cut fetuses out of mothers I might have some sympathy, but at the moment my tolerances are extremely stretched. 

Nobody is saying that the Israelis are perfect but there is no comparison to this lot that want to see the end of Israel and the Israelis! 

Your claim was about brainwashing, and I think, hate. There's no shortage of that in Israel, especially among right-wing/religious sectors, all the more so when referring to the illegal settlers in the West Bank.

This is not about justifying, accepting, or supporting Hamas - but it cannot be said that such elements do not exist in Israel - it's just that they are not as strong as Hamas, and despite expected objections from the usual suspects, in comparison they are under control. Obviously the main difference being one fully embraced and celebrated by Hamas, while Israeli governments (even right wing ones) aren't 'there'.

Here's a choice one (the 'Blood Wedding' too, if you care to look it up)

Duma arson attack

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duma_arson_attack

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I can see what happened to those who did? Why didn't you ask Nick Carter if he'd had close close combat with Hamas?

Because he did not claim he had any.

Another poster did, and was challenged.

Wouldn't be the first time you jump into an exchange without grasping what is discussed.

• Like 1