Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

On 12/24/2023 at 12:44 PM, Bkk Brian said:

More disturbing first hand accounts of hostages who have been released with some having suffered violent sexual assaults. 

‘We’ll never forgive’: Mom, daughter on life of fear in Gaza captivity, pain upon return

image.png.b7d251aeb95bd9a881329c916e70974a.png

She added that before the attack, “We believed that there are no bad people — only people who have it bad. But there are bad people.”

Agam described one incident in which the family was staying at a school where “a nice woman welcomed us and offered us water and arranged a place for us to sleep,” and “I turned to my mother and said ‘There are good people in the world.'”

“And five minutes later, they shot a barrage of rockets from the school [into Israel] and everyone was shouting ‘Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar’ and I told her, ‘Forget what I said, they’re all the same.'”

In the last week of their captivity in Gaza before their release, they were again taken into tunnels, where they met other hostages.

“There were girls there who were alone, alone for 50 days, 19-year-olds, alone, who went through difficult things, personally. They were violated, harmed, some were injured,” Chen said.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/we-will-never-forgive-freed-hostages-describe-intense-fear-in-gaza-captivity/

'We know they were raped in Hamas captivity': Chilling details of what hostages faced

image.png.6aaf4424b9d7c76734eda05ee1c01ed1.png

Two Israeli doctors, who have been treating released hostages, and an Israeli military official familiar with the matter confirmed to USA TODAY that some released hostages revealed they suffered violent sexual assaults in captivity.

All three spoke on the condition of anonymity.

One of the doctors assessed that "many" of the released Israeli female hostages aged 12 to 48 − there are about 30 of them − were sexually assaulted while held by Hamas in Gaza.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2023/12/20/hamas-sexual-violence-rape-hostages-oct-7/71917113007/

'We'll never forgive': Mom, daughter on life of fear in Gaza captivity, pain upon return | The Times of Israel

Some aspects of their testimony were conveniently removed because it does not support your bias.

Here are extracts of some bits that you did not mention in your post.

“They wanted us happy, they tried to supply food, sometimes we helped make the food,” Chen added.

Agam would keep up with her workout routine, which she said her captors commended her on, and there was even an arm wrestling competition between Chen and one of the guards.

“He — the younger one — brought a towel, because he’s not allowed to touch me,” Chen said.

The mother and daughter agreed that the captors appeared to grow somewhat fond of them, giving Agam the nickname “Salsabil” which means freshwater in Arabic. Agam is Hebrew for “lake.”

To Chen, they said, “‘We love you, don’t go home. Go to Tel Aviv, don’t return to Kfar Aza,'” she said.

The family tried to use their mattresses as some form of cover “and then our guards, our captors, the terrorists, were on top of us, protecting us with their bodies from the strikes.

We were afraid the army would come to rescue us.

Hamas fighters commended me for exercising saying ‘Bravo’

• Confused 1

https://twitter.com/i/status/1739319261896523925

An Israeli Journalist uploaded this footage of Israeli forces turning a stadium in Gaza into a mass detention camp.

Gaza civilians are forcibly removed from displacement centers, stripped naked in cold weather and paraded in front of cameras.

Such routine humiliation, torture of civilians further enforces the belief that Israel is fighting the entire Palestinian people, not just Hamas.

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

'We'll never forgive': Mom, daughter on life of fear in Gaza captivity, pain upon return | The Times of Israel

Some aspects of their testimony were conveniently removed because it does not support your bias.

Here are extracts of some bits that you did not mention in your post.

“They wanted us happy, they tried to supply food, sometimes we helped make the food,” Chen added.

Agam would keep up with her workout routine, which she said her captors commended her on, and there was even an arm wrestling competition between Chen and one of the guards.

“He — the younger one — brought a towel, because he’s not allowed to touch me,” Chen said.

The mother and daughter agreed that the captors appeared to grow somewhat fond of them, giving Agam the nickname “Salsabil” which means freshwater in Arabic. Agam is Hebrew for “lake.”

To Chen, they said, “‘We love you, don’t go home. Go to Tel Aviv, don’t return to Kfar Aza,'” she said.

The family tried to use their mattresses as some form of cover “and then our guards, our captors, the terrorists, were on top of us, protecting us with their bodies from the strikes.

We were afraid the army would come to rescue us.

Hamas fighters commended me for exercising saying ‘Bravo’

You do realize we are limited due to fair use policy and that's why there is a link there for the full article for everyone to read. You may want to try and stick to the rules one day as you've broken them yet again:

27. You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Only post a link, the headline and three sentences from the article. Content in the public domain is limited to the same restrictions.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

An Israeli Journalist uploaded this footage of Israeli forces turning a stadium in Gaza into a mass detention camp.

Gaza civilians are forcibly removed from displacement centers, stripped naked in cold weather and paraded in front of cameras.

Such routine humiliation, torture of civilians further enforces the belief that Israel is fighting the entire Palestinian people, not just Hamas.

LOL

Here we go again:

image.png.b21a258d5aca95cd32ecb90759a8784b.png

https://twitter.com/PalestineNW

18. Social media content is acceptable in most forums. However in factual areas such as but not limited to news, current affairs and health topics, social media cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or a government agency

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Really? Do you believe that? Seriously? US antisemitism led to the Oct 7 massacre?

Did you read the post and article to highlight what I do believe from her?

"I’ve seen antisemitism. I confronted it every day at the United Nations. And I know that the Jew-haters try to hide it by saying they only hate Israel.

All it takes is 24 hours at the UN to realize that anti-Zionism is just a modern name for the ancient evil of antisemitism.

The worst-kept secret at the UN is that antisemitism is operating just beneath the surface. I saw it in my first few days on the job as US ambassador to the UN, after I met with Israel’s ambassador"

As for a headline, I always take them with a pinch of salt, no matter what media they are from unless evidence backs them up.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Did you read the post and article to highlight what I do believe from her?

"I’ve seen antisemitism. I confronted it every day at the United Nations. And I know that the Jew-haters try to hide it by saying they only hate Israel.

All it takes is 24 hours at the UN to realize that anti-Zionism is just a modern name for the ancient evil of antisemitism.

The worst-kept secret at the UN is that antisemitism is operating just beneath the surface. I saw it in my first few days on the job as US ambassador to the UN, after I met with Israel’s ambassador"

As for a headline, I always take them with a pinch of salt, no matter what media they are from unless evidence backs them up.

Brian, you're replying to a poster denying there were antisemitic posts on this forum...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

FIELD EXECUTIONS, MASS DETENTIONS. Alarming footage of Israeli forces turning a stadium in Gaza into a mass detention camp. The video shows the detention of hundreds of civilians, including women, elders, and BABIES.

@EuroMedHR

has confirmed that the Israeli forces are carrying out field executions against civilians in Gaza after forcibly removing them from displacement centers and stripping them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Danny Australia said:

Civilians stripped naked? I recall two occasions in the last century when that happened. One of them was in Cambodia in the killing fields.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

In first public message since Oct. 7, Sinwar says Hamas won’t surrender

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-first-public-message-since-oct-7-sinwar-says-hamas-wont-surrender/

I wonder who he was aiming this speech at. Like who buys into stuff such as:

But he also claimed that the terror group was on its way to crushing the Israel Defense Forces

4 minutes ago, Morch said:

Freed 12-year-old hostage says captors told him Israel had been destroyed

https://www.timesofisrael.com/freed-12-year-old-hostage-says-captors-told-him-israel-had-been-destroyed/

Playing mind games with a kid. Classy.

Unless this can be verified by independent journalist as far as I'm concerned it is no better than Al J, Propaganda, so when will the Israeli's let then in? 

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Unless this can be verified by independent journalist as far as I'm concerned it is no better than Al J, Propaganda, so when will the Israeli's let then in? 

This is an acceptable source on this forum, and internationally as well. It often airs critical commentary about Netanyahu and his government, by the way (so not quite like AJ). The boy was released, hence he's in Israel - where pretty much all media outlets got representatives, including AJ. I think this was carried (or other interviews with him) on other media outlets.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Israel didn't deserve the 7th and Gaza doesn't deserve what's going on now IMHO

Morch if you want to comment on this along with the rest of the Zionist apologists I hope you can feel the hate that you're getting from normal human beings all around the world.

Yes correct on both counts. Now what?

Just now, Morch said:

This is an acceptable source on this forum, and internationally as well. It often airs critical commentary about Netanyahu and his government, by the way (so not quite like AJ). The boy was released, hence he's in Israel - where pretty much all media outlets got representatives, including AJ. I think this was carried (or other interviews with him) on other media outlets.

So where's the link to the other media outlets?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Civilians stripped naked? I recall two occasions in the last century when that happened. One of them was in Cambodia in the killing fields.

@ozimoron

Maybe. But considering you often seem to have issues recalling your own posts, making up stuff about what others posted, or claiming things which were posted were not - hard to take your 'recall' seriously.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

So where's the link to the other media outlets?

Eh? I don't have to provide you with multiple links. It's enough to provide a single credible one, and like it or not, the one I posted is accepted on here. It's been linked on these topics numerous times. I mentioned that I think this was carried by other media outlets, but wasn't paying attention whether they did their own thing, or simply carried the same story.

Stop with the silly trolling, please.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

FIELD EXECUTIONS, MASS DETENTIONS. Alarming footage of Israeli forces turning a stadium in Gaza into a mass detention camp. The video shows the detention of hundreds of civilians, including women, elders, and BABIES.

@EuroMedHR

has confirmed that the Israeli forces are carrying out field executions against civilians in Gaza after forcibly removing them from displacement centers and stripping them.

About field executions. That is obviously very much NOT OK.

So I looked into EuroMed.

NOT CREDIBLE.

Clearly propaganda, labelling the war there genocide. 

I would say wait for a more objective source on this accusation. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

They sexually abused some female hostages. They also made a 12 year old boy watch the atrocity videos of the Oct 7th attack as relayed by his mum.

Stop the vile deflection

Trolling along with another deflection, wouldn't expect anything else.

Answer the question, and while you're at it show the proof of that, if you have it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Trolling along with another deflection, wouldn't expect anything else.

Answer the question, and while you're at it show the proof of that, if you have it.

You never asked me a question.....lol and whether you did or not its up to me if I replied to it. Now explain this trolling accusation

Boy held by Hamas ‘forced to watch videos of 7 October attacks’, says aunt

Recently released Eitan Yahalomi, 12, suffered ‘horrors’ at the hands of militant Palestinian group, according to family member

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/nov/28/boy-held-by-hamas-forced-to-watch-videos-of-7-october-attacks

Two Israeli doctors who treated freed hostages, as well as an Israeli military official familiar with the matter, confirmed to American newspaper USA TODAY that some released women revealed that they had suffered violent sexual assaults in captivity.

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel-at-war/1703254945-israeli-doctors-confirm-that-30-released-female-hostages-were-raped

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1