Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

28 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

From that link - 

"We are calling on Israeli forces to immediately end unlawful attacks in Gaza and ensure that they take all feasible precautions to minimize harm to civilians and damage to civilian objects. Israel’s allies must immediately impose a comprehensive arms embargo given that serious violations under international law are being committed.”

I am puzzled why non-Israelis refuse to acknowledge that Israel are doing no wrong. The atrocities and war cries far far outweigh what Hamas did on Oct 7.  

That you declare 'outweigh' doesn't mean a whole lot. It does expose your bias, obviously.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Egypt is not interested, the Palestinians are not interested - and Israel is not about to do this even if it could. And no, it would not 'solve' anything. Why post nonsense?

I was replying to a post which stated that it is happening .

The Sinai is a big place , Palestinians don't need much room , just some land the same size as Gaza 

All the Palestinians need to do is to move over a little bit , and Egypt move their border a bit

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You are lying again.

Israel hasn't committed any war crimes .

If you disagree with me, please state the war crimes that Israel has committed .

(BTW , a link saying that there should be investigations for war crimes, isn't proof that war crimes have been committed)

How do you know that Israel hasn't committed any war crimes? You don't.

Relying on past instances, it is very probable that at least some could be properly demonstrated.

Your comment is no different than wholesale comment alleging Israel does commit war crimes.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Morch said:

25 minutes ago, Morch said:

As usual, posting links while apparently lacking the capacity to comment on the content. So long as the headline says something that 'supports' your point of view (such as it is), that's fine, eh?

The evidence presented is not 'damning', and wouldn't suffice for a court case, even one biased as the ICC. If you have trouble accepting this, consult previous instances where the same charade was carried on - high claims regarding war crimes, little by way of required support on the level expected.

Israel's blockade of the Gaza Strip was not always in place. It is there because of Hamas actions and agenda. Israel is not obligated to afford Hamas the opportunity to arm itself without limitation. As slogans go 'open-air prison' and 'giant graveyard' aren't bad - just the right amount of emo, and to little information for people such as yourself to repeat.

Why do I need to comment, I posted a report that  Amnesty International is calling for “It is vital that the Office of the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court urgently expedites its ongoing investigation into evidence of war crimes and other crimes under international law by all parties. Without justice and the dismantlement of Israel’s system of apartheid against Palestinians, there can be no end to the horrifying civilian suffering we are witnessing.”

Just because you don't think it is "damning" enough doesn't make it so until it is investigated by the ICC.

How would you like to explain this then? For 16 years, Israel’s illegal blockade has made Gaza the world’s biggest open-air prison

Edited by Jeff the Chef
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Morch said:

That you declare 'outweigh' doesn't mean a whole lot. It does expose your bias, obviously.

You are lying. I have no bias here. What ground do you think I have for having bias? Shouldn't be hard to answer if you think it is obvious. 

An American Jew is likely to be biased, as is a British Muslim. I am neither Muslim nor Jewish, although I respect both religions.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I was replying to a post which stated that it is happening .

The Sinai is a big place , Palestinians don't need much room , just some land the same size as Gaza 

All the Palestinians need to do is to move over a little bit , and Egypt move their border a bit

Yeah, I know it's not happening. I'm commenting on your notion that it should, or that it's a good (or even possible) idea.

You're just engaging on the same level of pointless nonsense as @Neeranam.

20 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

On the other hand, Israel are committing war crimes as reported by Amnesty International, yet the Islamophobes here refuse to accept this, despite the obvious. 

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2023/10/damning-evidence-of-war-crimes-as-israeli-attacks-wipe-out-entire-families-in-gaza/

Another example of you lying . 

Amnesty International  did not say that Israel have committed war crimes , they stated , well, they said this   

"which caused mass civilian casualties and must be investigated as war crimes."

A.I said there should be an investigation into war crimes , you claimed that they said war crimes have been committed .  

You are either deliberately lying or you cannot understand basic English 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Why do I need to comment, I posted a report that  Amnesty International is calling for “It is vital that the Office of the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court urgently expedites its ongoing investigation into evidence of war crimes and other crimes under international law by all parties. Without justice and the dismantlement of Israel’s system of apartheid against Palestinians, there can be no end to the horrifying civilian suffering we are witnessing.”

Just because you don't think it is "damning" enough doesn't make it so until it is investigated by the ICC.

How would you like to explain this then? For 16 years, Israel’s illegal blockade has made Gaza the world’s biggest open-air prison

Because that's the done thing on forums in general. The point is to exchange ideas and views, not simply use the platform as an advertisement board for links. Same reason why use of images/pictures without comment as replies is discouraged.

If you don't bother reading posts why do you expect getting answers? I have addressed all you've asked above on multiple comments by now - some in reply to your own posts.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Morch said:

How do you know that Israel hasn't committed any war crimes? You don't.

Relying on past instances, it is very probable that at least some could be properly demonstrated.

Your comment is no different than wholesale comment alleging Israel does commit war crimes.

Could you tell me what war crimes Israel has committed ?

We are talking about the October 7 th war .

What are the war crimes that Israel have committed in this war ?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

You are lying. I have no bias here. What ground do you think I have for having bias? Shouldn't be hard to answer if you think it is obvious. 

An American Jew is likely to be biased, as is a British Muslim. I am neither Muslim nor Jewish, although I respect both religions.

Again, you do not seem to understand what 'lying' is.

I judge your positions based on your posts. This makes it quite obvious you're neither objective, nor informed. I have addressed enough of your posts by now so your pretense at not receiving answers is ridiculous.

People do not have to be of a certain nationality, or religion, in order to hold biased views on things. More nonsense out of you.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Morch said:

People refuse to 'acknowledge' there is an 'ethnic cleansing', because there is no such. The situation is not vastly different than how things went in many other battle zones.

So, you know better than Amnesty International. Rather arrogant. 

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Could you tell me what war crimes Israel has committed ?

We are talking about the October 7 th war .

What are the war crimes that Israel have committed in this war ?

Could you address what I posted instead of posting more nonsense?

You claimed Israel committed no war crimes. You did not qualify the statement, but issued it as a wide-brush, decisive comment. I was asking you how you could be positively sure of that, given the scope of the operations and that on smaller scale past instances there were cases which were declared as war crimes.

Spin away.

1 minute ago, Morch said:

Go back to the previous topic and start reading it without your 'ignore' thing on. This should give you a clue.

I will not look at anyone's post who called me an antisemite. You call me a liar continuously, be a man and tell me what I lied about. You can't obviously. 

You claimed Israel committed no war crimes. You did not qualify the statement, but issued it as a wide-brush, decisive comment. I was asking you how you could be positively sure of that, given the scope of the operations and that on smaller scale past instances there were cases which were declared as war crimes.

Spin away.

You claim Israel hasn't committed war crimes, jeez. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

I know how to read. So I know that they didn't quite claim what you posted. They are a tad more careful than you are.

Also, being informed, I'm well aware of Amenity's record commenting on such matters, and how it usually ends.

I'm also not ignorant of Amnesty's agenda or who the people involved are.

Unlike you, I do not rush to post any headline 'supporting' my point of view.

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Amnesty International is biased and are known for their one sided reporting!

Criticism of Amnesty International includes claims of selection bias, as well as ideology and foreign policy bias against either non-Western countries or Western-supported countries. Various governments criticized by Amnesty International have in turn criticized the organization, complaining about what they assert constituted one-sided reporting.

Separate to its human rights reporting, Amnesty has been criticized for the high salaries of some of its staff,[1][2] as well as its workplace environment,[3] including the issue of institutional racism within the organization.[4]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Amnesty_International#:~:text=Criticism of Amnesty International includes,countries or Western-supported countries.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I will not look at anyone's post who called me an antisemite. You call me a liar continuously, be a man and tell me what I lied about. You can't obviously. 

Read. Don't read. Look. Don't look. It's up to you. Who cares.

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

Spin away.

I have the opinion that Israel hasn't committed any crimes 

If you disagree with and think that Israel has, or may have committed war crimes 

Could you state what those war crimes, or possible war crimes are 

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I have the opinion that Israel hasn't committed any crimes 

If you disagree with and think that Israel has, or may have committed war crimes 

Could you state what those war crimes, or possible war crimes are 

You state things as fact. You do not qualify them. That's like claiming facts, rather than opinion.

I think most of what's claimed on the various posts here regarding possible war crimes should be enough to consider the possibility that war crimes were committed. Not, mind, as conclusive proof that they were - but enough to make wholesale disregarding the possibility an odd position.

It is my opinion that you perfectly get the point.

You state things as fact. You do not qualify them. That's like claiming facts, rather than opinion.

I think most of what's claimed on the various posts here regarding possible war crimes should be enough to consider the possibility that war crimes were committed. Not, mind, as conclusive proof that they were - but enough to make wholesale disregarding the possibility an odd position.

It is my opinion that you perfectly get the point.

At the present time, its a fact that Israel haven't committed any war crimes .

They haven't been convicted of any war crimes and we have the "innocent until proven guilty" rules to adhere to .

There is the possibility that Israel did indeed commit war crimes and they may be prosecuted for those in the future .

What have Israel done which could be considered to be a war crime ?

What actual war crime could Israel be convicted of in the future ?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

That guy believes if you are not an antisemite, you you can't say anything negative about Israel, even if they are killing thousands of children. Some people are so blinkered and polarized it's sad. 

That's pretty much the nonsense position you claimed earlier - that you can't be biased because of your nationality and religion.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Morch said:

Because that's the done thing on forums in general. The point is to exchange ideas and views, not simply use the platform as an advertisement board for links. Same reason why use of images/pictures without comment as replies is discouraged.

If you don't bother reading posts why do you expect getting answers? I have addressed all you've asked above on multiple comments by now - some in reply to your own posts.

Can I suggest if you don't like the content in a link that you just move on and ignore, no images or pictures were posted.

Obviously didn't read the full post as I had asked you a question and I'll ask it again:

• Confused 1