Which browser would you recommend?

lungbing

16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"But it doesn't start for you on your PC now".

I don't understand what that means, can you clarify?  Brave works fine on my laptop.

The "you" addressed the OP specifically. The OP says that it's his problem with Brave: won't open. Doesn't know why. Asserts that it's in fact a "known problem," implying some research towards troubleshooting; and he didn't ask for help with that particular problem. I tend to stay on point. All the laughable advice that he should use Brave comes from posters who didn't actually read the OP, a not uncommon practice. He's looking for an alternative.

Edited by BigStar

The last thing I used one recent evening was Brave.  The next day it wouldn't start.  Double clicked on the link,  nothing.  Went to the Brave folder as in the link and directly double clicked the Brave  .exe, nothing happened.  Googled it and found others have reported it and suggested saving your profile folder, uninstalling and re-installing, which I did.  It then worked, but as soon as I reloaded my profile it wouldn't open again.  I tried Edge but didn't like it,  Mullvad which didn't suite me,  then Chrome and then asked for advice on here.

Thanks to those posters who recommended 'Iron" browser, it seems to suite me.  So now I use Firefox and Iron.

As for why I need backup, well some sites do work better on a different browser. My first computer had 28k of main memory (yes, k)  with 4k of that being used for the OS.  I have been using computers since 1968. I bet even now I could use a card punch and read paper tape!  Even back then we had backup, insurance if you like.

• Thumbs Up 1

The days of using a single browser are long gone. Some block ads better, some allow external download managers, some are blocked by cloudflare, etc, etc. I find, depending on what I'm doing, bounce between them frequently, even to the point of copying links from one browser to another to get an external download mgr.

Someone suggested Iron, so I downloaded it and am posting this from there. Works with AN. Many others don't.

Other browsers used are:

Kiwi (Android)

Vivaldi (Linux)

Brave  (Android)(Linux)

Chrome(Android)(Linux)

Chromium (chrome without all the info sent to Google)(Android)

Opera (not so much any more)(Android)(Linux)