Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Foreign “managers” on soi 6

Everyman

17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They're there to give whingers something to whinge about.

I had breakfast with a friend from Yorkshire and he explained the scouser and benefits comment. 

Sorry, that must be a kick in the crotch

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Brothels fronting as bars. 

Some of those "managers" have ended up in the monkey house under the auspices of being pimps.  Invariably someone shows up with a brown bag full of brown notes and the misunderstanding is soon cleared up.  

Having taken a walk down that wild side, I did notice most bars have a foreign 'manager', usually sitting with mates and drinking heavily. I cannot imagine the job pays much more than a (barely) living wage, and daily consumption of booze while sitting on one's backside cannot be good longer term. I seriously doubt any owner would go to the trouble of getting his manager a work permit, so that manager---while doing his body no good---is a fish-in-a-barrel target should any law enforcement officer (who apparently do not enforce laws against prostitution, which unlike agogos takes place on the premises) be in need of some spending money.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:
21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They're there to give whingers something to whinge about.

I had breakfast with a friend from Yorkshire and he explained the scouser and benefits comment. 

Sorry, that must be a kick in the crotch

"Sorry, that must be a kick in the crotch"

Possibly, but only if I was a Scouser.  Sorry, that must be a real kick in the crotch.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Andycoops said:

It's Chaiyapoon or Chalermprakiat 25

And now expect the question what is Chalermprakiat  :tongue:

Commonly referred to as "3rd road".

This pothole/chaiyaphoon has no official name but is just Soi 25.

In contrast the next Soi is officially "Soi Lengkee" and not Soi 27 (which is a good walk further towards south Pattaya rd.).

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Walker88 said:

usually sitting with mates and drinking heavily.

Good bar managers DON'T drink alcohol during the shift.
Never saw "Larry" at infamous Baby Dolls drinking alcohol.

(all long gone, closed and "retired)

The much hated manager of the managers (Nightwish group) doesn't drink if I can believe his own testimony.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 12:39 PM, liddelljohn said:

The foreign managers are mostly employed by a certain Group, many are desperate losers  and the group owner is a serial scammer   who is responsible for 80% of the ripoffs and damage to soi 6  over last 10 years

I'd imagine those foreign managers want to live the dream of staying in Pattaya but don't have any money so they decide they want to become a manager, get a small amount of baht to live here and ogle the girls for free.

A couple of years the Nightwish group had an ad out,can't remember where exactly, looking for managers. Requirements were conversational in English, being able to hold your liquor, and being sociable, as you had to converse with and  "entertain" Farangs that weren't there just for the sex.Speaking Thai and other farang languages was a plus. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

And now expect the question what is Chalermprakiat  :tongue:

Commonly referred to as "3rd road".

This pothole/chaiyaphoon has no official name but is just Soi 25.

In contrast the next Soi is officially "Soi Lengkee" and not Soi 27 (which is a good walk further towards south Pattaya rd.).

Hardly a "good walk" - it's probably less than 500 metres!

• Like 2

On 11/28/2023 at 3:17 PM, Lemsta69 said:

Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation. Farang mate's wife's auntie used to have a salon/laundry halfway up the soi so I only know it as "Chaiyapoom" or however it's spelt.

I guess Pothole is easier to say than the Thai name, and it is a busted-up heap of crap so the name fits.

PS. Why do they call it Excite? Just kidding, I am that old 😹

Used to be a Club on 2 nd road on that soi also 

1 hour ago, Irish star said:

Used to be a Club on 2 nd road on that soi also 

Yerr I know. 3rd road, not 2nd.

It was back in the good old days before the place got too built up.

Used to see ads for it on Sophon Cable Teewee but never went there, those Thai discos don't float my boat.

Edited by Lemsta69

On 11/28/2023 at 5:02 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Also nearby off Excite, parallel to Buakhao is Soi 500, can you guess why it's called that? ok I'll tell you, everything is 500

I was dragged there many moons ago for the opening of one of the first bars, or so I was told. It was called something else based on its shape but I forget the name because it was a pretty forgettable bar. Soi Dogleg maybe?

11 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Good bar managers DON'T drink alcohol during the shift.
Never saw "Larry" at infamous Baby Dolls drinking alcohol.

(all long gone, closed and "retired)

The much hated manager of the managers (Nightwish group) doesn't drink if I can believe his own testimony.

Funny that. Larry hasn't had a drink in 30 years.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

I was dragged there many moons ago for the opening of one of the first bars, or so I was told. It was called something else based on its shape but I forget the name because it was a pretty forgettable bar. Soi Dogleg maybe?

Triangle bar? on corner of Pothole and Excite

15 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I never want to see or talk to a bar manager when I walk into a bar. Ditto for restaurants. That's not why I'm there.

I was and still am irritated by male serving staff.... damned Peppermint was the place where I first saw them. Back in the days there was a surplus of willing female staff.