Foreign “managers” on soi 6

Everyman

53 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

You omitted this bit: "taking part of their earnings in return"

Let's do a bit of a thought experiment here, a favorite activity of Einstein's. If a soi 6 bar never had  any girls, or back stair rooms, how long would it be in business?  Not long I bet.  Now put in the girls' and the bar fines and hey ho, you can afford a manager. Conclusion, the manager's wage is dependent on the bar girl's income.  

Edited by Doctor Tom

1 hour ago, Doctor Tom said:

Let's do a bit of a thought experiment here, a favorite activity of Einstein's. If a soi 6 bar never had  any girls, or back stair rooms, how long would it be in business?  Not long I bet.  Now put in the girls' and the bar fines and hey ho, you can afford a manager. Conclusion, the manager's wage is dependent on the bar girl's income.  

Einstein went to Soi 6?

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

So is the electrician and the plumber. Are they pimps, too?

On 12/26/2023 at 11:23 AM, PJ71 said:

20 years, not 10.

The conversion to open air party BS started around 2013... so just over ten. YOU may have memories from 20 which you prefer over those from 10... but from it's inception to just over ten years ago it was a perfectly fine place to hang out. Now it's to "the hobby" what Khao San Road is to "backpacking". Essentially one group is to "blame" for starting it - but everyone kind of went with it for one reason or another... and now it's a place best avoided except by those with more money than sense. 

53 minutes ago, Aviatorhi said:

The conversion to open air party BS started around 2013... so just over ten. YOU may have memories from 20 which you prefer over those from 10... but from it's inception to just over ten years ago it was a perfectly fine place to hang out. Now it's to "the hobby" what Khao San Road is to "backpacking". Essentially one group is to "blame" for starting it - but everyone kind of went with it for one reason or another... and now it's a place best avoided except by those with more money than sense. 

I agree with your comments.

I still stand by what i said, soi 6 is not a patch on what it was 20 years ago, as is a lot of Pattaya & BKK night life.

16 hours ago, PJ71 said:

I agree with your comments.

I still stand by what i said, soi 6 is not a patch on what it was 20 years ago, as is a lot of Pattaya & BKK night life.

The variety of the places available is way down on a decade or more ago. Soi 15  which alone provided me with many hours of entertainment can do so no more, and a  the Walking St strip no longer pulls me in. Prices are a deterrent, doubt I could afford an hour between 2 bikini clad girls these days!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2023 at 2:45 PM, Goat said:

They are paid. Peanuts.

That's because they are monkeys.

I had the misfortune of being introduced to one at a fairly new bar near the entrance to LK Metro at the weekend. An absolute tool. It's almost as if the interview process involves demonstrating that your arrogance is only matched by your lack of intelligence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

That's because they are monkeys.

I had the misfortune of being introduced to one at a fairly new bar near the entrance to LK Metro at the weekend. An absolute tool. It's almost as if the interview process involves demonstrating that your arrogance is only matched by your lack of intelligence. 

totally agree,Just got  back from Pattaya and went to LK metro a few times,Half the clowns running the bars would not get a job at a 7-11. Absolute morons and wanna bees.

• Thanks 1

On 12/27/2023 at 9:45 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Not really.  A pimp takes a cut of his girl's money; a soi 6 manager's role ends once the girl is in the room with her customer.

This is utter rubbish..please elaborate on your thinking (or lack of).

In over 30 years of drinking in bars and gogos, I could count on one hand the number of times a farang manger has come over and introduced themself

So what do they do?

37 minutes ago, Seppius said:

In over 30 years of drinking in bars and gogos, I could count on one hand the number of times a farang manger has come over and introduced themself

So what do they do?

In agogos there was a time they were useful, when they had a reputation of possible rip off or aggressive security, but now i don't see a benefit but the soi 6 magaluf crowd probably like it

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Seppius said:

To be honest, given the few that I have had the misfortune of talking to that is probably a blessing.

39 minutes ago, Seppius said:

So what do they do?

Sit around poncing drinks, imagining all the female staff actually like them. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Seppius said:

So what do they do?

Used to be common, I first came in the 80s and many bars were falang owned, the owners would always come over and chat to customers, especially new ones, make them feel welcome. Sadly, these days I hear they are often poncing drinks, and are managers rather than owners.

Edited by jacko45k

On 12/27/2023 at 5:08 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

She doesn't charge for sex, the sex is free and taxi home the next day is 1500 Baht 

Like it. Another one is that you don't pay the girl for sex, you pay her to go away the next day.

Yeah, Soi 6 managers. A strong liver and a gregarious personality seem to be the prerequisites. Not quite sure how it all works, but I understand they're part of a business model that encourages high spenders. Not my cup of tea, but horses for courses, obviously a market for it.