Is your Condo building noisy

georgegeorgia

One reason I’m enjoying being finally back in Thailand is that my unit in View Talay 5, Jomtien, is so much quieter than my flat in Australian suburbia. In Australia there’s almost non-stop noise during the daytime from a whole variety of machinery - chain saws, angle grinders, hedge trimmers, leaf blowers and of course the ubiquitous lawn mower. It’s wonderful that hand tools are still often used for maintenance in Thailand. Admittedly, the high floor and better design of the Thailand apartment block is also a big factor.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not noisy at all thankfully, I don't think many people live full time on my floor. A huge relief as the previous condo I was in was the worst with some idiot smoking all day and leaving his door open with the tv on full blast and the smoke would stink up my unit and the hallways. Also had some guy who I suspect was mentally ill constantly laughing and making weird noises that would echo through the hallway.

• Like 1

Sound as if OP encountered one of those aged coot who would complain wherever he is .

My building always has some unit renovation going on. The sound travels sometimes in strange ways it might seems right over your head and it will be 4 floors down. I learned somehow to sleep thru construction noise as a day sleeper in Hawaii condos but something about Thailand.

Always with the air hammer/jackhammer and grinding noise, not much sawing or nail pounding

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 2

My condo is quiet, for sure.  Just two regularly occupied units on my floor.  Once in a while, there’s someone in the unit next to me, but I only saw him one time in a year. And I never hear any noise at all from the unit above me or the unit below. If anyone is making noise around here, it’s me with my stereo.  I try to keep it reasonable and I don’t play music late at night, but it’s hard to judge how far the sound travels. 

anyone who tells me their building is quiet...........i will call them a liar

even multi million condos and apartments have noise issues.

i have lived in enough to know that i will never live in one again.

Spain was probably worse than Thailand as the removal of shoes is not a thing there, and the women stomp around in their high heels all hours, day and night........and the dragging of furniture..........

Not for me any more thanks.  I live in Detached houses, that is it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

13 hours ago, it is what it is said:

did my research, live in a well managed building. any anti social behaviour gets one warning, then kicked out. shows just how easy it is to have an extremely pleasant place to live.

No way can they kick people out that own their condo and even with a rental lease condo juristic can not just kick someone out without following a very complex legal process against the Condo owner.

Sounds like you're talking about renting rooms where the owner owns the whole building (so not Condo's)

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 2

Good point. I lived in an apartment for some time fairly close to the city but now live in a house with a big yard. Though apartment life in Thailand is somewhat appealing I do wonder what it will be like to hear neighbours again, even just footsteps and water on and off could get annoying, after years of hearing only cockatoos and kookaburras. 

13 hours ago, it is what it is said:

did my research, live in a well managed building. any anti social behaviour gets one warning, then kicked out. shows just how easy it is to have an extremely pleasant place to live.

You are lucky you have mamagement that cares.  My building is somewhat similar.  They will screen out certain undesirables but high season is always a nightmare due to sheer numbers.  Some jagov will always slip thru.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nickmondo said:

anyone who tells me their building is quiet...........i will call them a liar

even multi million condos and apartments have noise issues.

i have lived in enough to know that i will never live in one again.

Spain was probably worse than Thailand as the removal of shoes is not a thing there, and the women stomp around in their high heels all hours, day and night........and the dragging of furniture..........

Not for me any more thanks.  I live in Detached houses, that is it.

funny you say that, when i use to hol in Javea, costa blanca, the apartment upstairs they were moving furniture most nights

14 hours ago, it is what it is said:

Which building please ?