Is your Condo building noisy

georgegeorgia

Rent, dirt cheap and you can move within 24 hours. Never buy a condo in Thailand they're not worth a carrot. I made an offer of 6 pork sausages for one last week and the cheeky b×gger turned it down. 🤣😅🤣

Edited by Toby1947
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Not noisy at all thankfully, I don't think many people live full time on my floor. A huge relief as the previous condo I was in was the worst with some idiot smoking all day and leaving his door open with the tv on full blast and the smoke would stink up my unit and the hallways. Also had some guy who I suspect was mentally ill constantly laughing and making weird noises that would echo through the hallway.

Sounds a bit like my old condo in Jomtien. Had a German guy lived opposite. Nice fellow, but he and his Thai girlfriend used to leave their door open all day whilst playing loud country and western music. I moved to a different condo building in the same complex and it was worse if anything. Doors slamming, renovation noise, loud bass-heavy music from other units, noisy people coming and going at all hours of the night, bass-heavy music from the beach etc etc  It was a relief to finally move into a house. If I was ever to move into another condo, I'd rent the most expensive that I could afford with good insulation between the units and some distance from the beach.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, it is what it is said:

did my research, live in a well managed building. any anti social behaviour gets one warning, then kicked out. shows just how easy it is to have an extremely pleasant place to live.

Where on earth is this?

I live in Pratumak 5 year old building it’s quiet , but we did have some obnoxious Russians drinking beer in the pool with bottles ffs how idiotic LowSo ‘s I guess never been in a pool area in their life probably 

Edited by Irish star

3 hours ago, jesimps said:

Sounds a bit like my old condo in Jomtien. Had a German guy lived opposite. Nice fellow, but he and his Thai girlfriend used to leave their door open all day whilst playing loud country and western music. I moved to a different condo building in the same complex and it was worse if anything. Doors slamming, renovation noise, loud bass-heavy music from other units, noisy people coming and going at all hours of the night, bass-heavy music from the beach etc etc  It was a relief to finally move into a house. If I was ever to move into another condo, I'd rent the most expensive that I could afford with good insulation between the units and some distance from the beach.

Corner units are great as well for avoiding noisy neighbors and bonus if they have a great view.

• Like 1

I lived in a condo for a year in Onut.  One woman  on the floor was loud.  
For two years condo in Asoke. First year most it the floor was unoccupied.  So it was quiet.  Second year more people moved in.  They were Thai.  Then the floor became noisy at times. 
When you reside in a multi unit building in many parts of the world.  You are bound to have noise.  Depends on the residents. 
As for the elderly man.  He probably had some sort of type of psychological issues..  if he was yelling out loud to himself.  Unfortunately as some people get older this is what happens.  
 I  presently  live in an area of the USA where there are a lot of senior communities.  In the local supermarket I have seen elderly people talking to themselves.  Or sometimes they say something  to me not making any sense. 

9 hours ago, Irish star said:

I live in Pratumak 5 year old building it’s quiet , but we did have some obnoxious Russians drinking beer in the pool with bottles ffs how idiotic LowSo ‘s I guess never been in a pool area in their life probably 

Simply urinate in a pail or container, then dump it over the balcony onto them! They don’t know where it’s coming from and the drinking stops ASAP! Simple 

It's only noisy between 2am and 5am, now that the Juristic management allow daily, Airbnb renters, all the drunks from walking street arguing, fighting, girls jumping in the pool fully clothed urinating, it's like a bloody hotel from hell. 

I'm on the ground floor, opposite swimming pool, near to the entrance, most of these idiots walk past my condo. 

I'm lucky, I don't sleep there too often.  

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

18 hours ago, nickmondo said:

Not for me any more thanks.  I live in Detached houses, that is it.

In Thailand, that is not necessarily a peaceful situation either. Neighbours in houses always seem to need to have dogs and the local Wat puts loudspeakers up around the village! My pals with condos (VT 5) claim they do not have noise issues. 

I live in a soi close to Naklua Road, around 2 am every morning the motor cycle morons take over. It appears that Thais believe the faster one goes and the more noise you make is a great way of showing off. If the BIB's spent an hour or so at random they would have their hands full just writing out the tickets. Why not confiscate the bikes for a 3 months period for a first offence?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Only a fool pays rent for 30 years with nothing to show for it.

Only a fool doesn’t understand that his Thai rent money is coming from some of his other, offshore investment/s - hence he is living “rent free” in Thailand with the freedom to easily move elsewhere if required! 😃

Sorry to hear that you’re stuck in one place in Thailand and cannot easily move to escape potentially future noise or other neighbourly disturbances because of your Thai property purchase. That’s really sad 😢

• Sad 1

Why do people who slam the door in the middle of the night then have to slam it another time or even two times? Open door, enter apartment, slam door shut behind them*, but why the extra slams?

*airbnb or people from developing countries can't close doors normally.

Edited by mokwit

On 11/28/2023 at 11:27 PM, it is what it is said:

did my research, live in a well managed building. any anti social behaviour gets one warning, then kicked out. shows just how easy it is to have an extremely pleasant place to live.

So please tell us the research you did/questions asked/what you checked.

21 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

I am getting suspicious my condo is having some landlords sneakily doing the Airbnb route. 

New tennants suspiciously popping up on mass and changing weekly. 

Until you have experienced it you can't understand how unpleasant it is living with a constant stream of strangers.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Why do people who slam the door in the middle of the night then have to slam it another time or even two times? Open door, enter apartment, slam door shut behind them*, but why the extra slams?

*airbnb or people from developing countries can't close doors normally.

Could be a revenge thing on their next door, two Germans in my condo building constantly trying to out-do each other with excessive noise, to pee the other one off

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nemises said:

Only a fool doesn’t understand that his Thai rent money is coming from some of his other, offshore investment/s - hence he is living “rent free” in Thailand with the freedom to easily move elsewhere if required! 😃

Sorry to hear that you’re stuck in one place in Thailand and cannot easily move to escape potentially future noise or other neighbourly disturbances because of your Thai property purchase. That’s really sad 😢

No reason you can't do both--have offshore investments and also save rent on a place you own in Thailand if you plan to be here long term.  Also, no reason you can't sell and move when you feel like it--my partner and I have done it about a dozen times.

47 minutes ago, newnative said:

No reason you can't do both--have offshore investments and also save rent on a place you own in Thailand if you plan to be here long term.  Also, no reason you can't sell and move when you feel like it--my partner and I have done it about a dozen times.

No thanks. Selling a property in Thailand can potentially take a long time. Much prefer to pay ridiculously cheap rent and have the freedom to be able to move out the next day if required - which we have done, twice!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I was going to buy in this block called Arcadia waters????

Can't remember the name but in Soi 7 on the way to Jomtien I think Arcadia waters or similar....but anyway rented awhile and found Russian families in high season screaming shouting..no thanks 

Can't close doors quietly apparently. SLAM them closed at 3am.

5 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Can't close doors quietly apparently. SLAM them closed at 3am.

I get that in Australia too , Indian students luv speaking on their phone loud after their uber eats shifts at 2am ,not just in Thailand

But I prefer that than drunken bogans screaming out 

Edited by georgegeorgia

3 hours ago, Nemises said:

No thanks. Selling a property in Thailand can potentially take a long time. Much prefer to pay ridiculously cheap rent and have the freedom to be able to move out the next day if required - which we have done, twice!

It really just comes down to whatever floats your boat.  Renting works for you, owning works for me.