Is your Condo building noisy

georgegeorgia

On 11/29/2023 at 4:48 PM, Toby1947 said:

Rent, dirt cheap and you can move within 24 hours. Never buy a condo in Thailand they're not worth a carrot. I made an offer of 6 pork sausages for one last week and the cheeky b×gger turned it down. 🤣😅🤣

Six pork sausages are worth less than a carrot?

9 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

I live in a soi close to Naklua Road, around 2 am every morning the motor cycle morons take over. It appears that Thais believe the faster one goes and the more noise you make is a great way of showing off. If the BIB's spent an hour or so at random they would have their hands full just writing out the tickets. Why not confiscate the bikes for a 3 months period for a first offence?

it kills me that Thai adults let teenagers take the mufflers off their bike and make so much noise. The so-called adults here never seem to advance much past teenagers themselves though so maybe it makes sense.

53 minutes ago, newnative said:

It really just comes down to whatever floats your boat.  Renting works for you, owning works for me.

I'm seriously considering buying land and building something in a remote location just to avoid burning and noise. Maybe it's just a Chiang Mai problem but getting a property with some space that isn't right up your neighbor is nearly impossible. Sure rent is cheap but those houses put you way too close to neighbors and Thai people love making noise and burning if you're in rural areas.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2023 at 11:27 PM, it is what it is said:

did my research, live in a well managed building. any anti social behaviour gets one warning, then kicked out. shows just how easy it is to have an extremely pleasant place to live.

Nirun condo?