Pattaya makes the top 10 list on Expats best low budget places to move abroad!

Jingthing

Flower hotel DaNang deal now (I'm going there on Wednesday but staying in luxury for $ 30/day):

3 nights, 2 adults  US$143, no meals.
Original price US$143. Current price US$31.+ US$4 taxes and charges

Vietnam has many great deals. Last time in Phu Quoc 6 days $ 114. No meals.

Discounts are crazy! Don't know why. Maybe over priced list prices?

3 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

Flower hotel DaNang deal now (I'm going there on Wednesday but staying in luxury for $ 30/day):

Sounds good

6 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

No retirement visa and there never will be.

• Like 1

Just now, bignok said:

Truth is trolling to you because you can't handle the truth.

Truth is how could you possibly know what it's like to live in Pattaya when you have spent a total of 1 night here. Means your comments can easily be called trolling 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Pattaya57 said:

Truth is how could you possibly know what it's like to live in Pattaya when you have spent a total of 1 night here. Means your comments can easily be called trolling 

Right so those photos are made up? 

"No retirement visa and there never will be. "

Pre Covid US citizens got 6m VOA for $ 75 and 12mo for $150. Very easy, on the net

Now Vn favors Russians... i don't like it.

There's talk they'll bring back cheap long term visas. A good thing is 45 days walk-in unlimited times.

19 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

Which hotel are you staying in?

Just now, Pattaya57 said:

So your expert knowledge of Pattaya is from random TripAdvisor reviews. Hilarious 😂 

BTW I haven't been in Walking Street in over 10 years. One street doesn't make a city

No experts here. Just normal people telling the truth.

Sorry you don't like it.

6 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

Prob: The Muslim thing -not that I think they're terrorists, just that they are def. lacking in the sanuk department. They are crazy-friendly; I prefer the more medium-cool Thais.

I've never been to Penang... But I had gotten the impression that it is more Indo-Euro-Asian international than Muslim per se... unlike Malaysia at large?

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I've never been to Penang... But I had gotten the impression that it is more Indo-Euro-Asian international than Muslim per se... unlike Malaysia at large?

Yes much more but there are plenty of Muslim Malays there as well. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

No retirement visa and there never will be.

I thought Vietnam recently had launched, for Americans, repeatable 90-day tourist visas... supposedly easily obtained, but it seems as though holders still have to exit the country every 90 days regardless.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I thought Vietnam recently had launched, for Americans, repeatable 90-day tourist visas... supposedly easily obtained in country.

Don't know. Do you want to live to a country permanently on such a temporary basis which can of course be reversed at any time? You can keep it. They clearly do not want retired expats. I don't blame them. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes much more but there are plenty of Muslim Malays there as well. 

FWIW....

Screenshot_10.jpg.c1ed79e668c0f53127c13c3457e2e84b.jpg

"Penang is unique among Malaysian states in that no single religion commands an absolute majority among the populace."

"In addition, Penang is home to a sizeable expatriate population, especially from Singapore, Japan and various Asian countries, as well as other Commonwealth nations. Over 8% of Penang's population consisted of foreigners, reflecting the well-established allure of Penang amongst expatriates.[157"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penang

• Thumbs Up 1

Anytime  you're an expat anywhere, there's always the risk that the local government might change its immigration rules at some point.

However, Thailand having a relatively established history of offering in-country renewable annual retirement extensions (though they have monkeyed with the financials some) is a nice feature that I wish more other countries would offer.

As I'm not a particular fan of being forced to travel internationally each year or  more often just to satisfy a visa/immigration requirement.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Anytime  you're an expat anywhere, there's always the risk that the local government might change its immigration rules at some point.

However, Thailand having a relatively established history of offering in-country renewable annual retirement extensions (though they have monkeyed with the financials some) is a nice feature that I wish more other countries would offer.

As I'm not a particular fan of being forced to travel internationally each year or  more often just to satisfy a visa/immigration requirement.

Yes of course Thailand doesn't offer expats of retirement status residence security more than a year at a time, but they do have a formal retirement visa and extension program, they aren't going to abolish that, and Vietnam never will have such a program.  I oppose Vietnam being put on any best places to retire abroad lists but weirdly they still often are.

There are countries with not specifically retirement visa options that retirees can use to live there and even transition to permanent residence and citizenship. Those places are legit candidates for such lists.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Agree 1