Brainles young farangs on huge motorbikes in Pattaya

vangrop

34 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:
3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Interesting that you'd want to ban something as small as a motorbike from a city but have mentioned nothing of the tour busses plaguing the streets.. 

OP don't worry about this nagging post. this guy likes to pick on everything. only thing he doesnt like is when it is his turn to wear the hat. put him on ignore... cos ignorant people warrant this

Aren't the "ignorant" really the ones who think that "putting a poster on ignore" does anything to affect them?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, novacova said:

Yeah sure. But still, you’re not my type.

No need to get defensive. But yeah it’s hilarious and silly that some of you farang guys want the attention of other farang guys. What’s the deal with that? If it isn’t some kind of man-crush thing, then what? Delusional? Outstanding!

Nova... Sorry to break it to you... But no one other than your significant other (if you have one) is in need of any attention from you whatsoever...     its very strange delusion you are holding on to.

... IF idiots on bikes are attempting to get the attention of anyone... its idiots riding like tools peacocking for the women...  certainly not grumpy old fellas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

I am not in Pattaya.

But might be the same here in Phuket.

The dangers on the road comes mostly from young stupid farangs. Those who drive motorbikes with motors with 350 c.c or above.

I have been here for more than 15 years. This is a new problem here.

These stupid people, taking advantage of the lack of police patrols on the roads, endanger people's lives.

I used to not be very happy towards Thais who drove too fast, but currently, farangs have become more of a threat on the roads.

If they drive cars or busses, I do not know, but if they do, I never feel threatened by cars or busses driven by anyone. Motorbikes are the problem.

Farangs come here, and most of them leave their brain back home...

Can you post that once again please, because I couldn't read it the first 10 times

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

My last big bike was a GPZ 1100, back in 1983

1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

I've been riding all types of bikes for 50 years,

I'm a bit confused now, so the last time you rode a real bike was 40 years ago, so in fact at best you have been riding real bikes for 10 years max, maybe even that was the one and only, not 50 years

Edited by BenStark
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, BenStark said:

I'm a bit confused now, so the last time you rode a real bike was 40 years ago, so in fact at best you have been riding real bikes for 10 years max, maybe even that was the one and only, not 50 years

I'm sorry that you're so confused. If you consider only bikes with over 1000 cc engine capacity are real bikes, then I understand your confusion.

You'd have to be a bit daft to think anyone would jump on a brand-new GPZ1100 for their first and only bike.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nova... Sorry to break it to you... But no one other than your significant other (if you have one) is in need of any attention from you whatsoever...     its very strange delusion you are holding on to.

... IF idiots on bikes are attempting to get the attention of anyone... its idiots riding like tools peacocking for the women...  certainly not grumpy old fellas.

What’s delusional is a guy trying to impress another on the road trying to be a trick rider with or without the holiday chick riding on the back, not only dangerous but stupid as well. No need to be defensive about it unless it’s a true reflection.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Foreigners on motorcycles in Pattaya are a menace. I was almost hit three times on my return there in December 2021, and none of those near misses were my fault, I was just walking along Soi Buakhao & Soi Lengkee as is normal for that area. No sidewalk so you hug the buildings and hope for the best.

Only foreigners ??...    has it only every been foreigners with whom you've encountered  a near miss...  because my experience in Thailand is that whenever driving the regular near-misses occur with a lot of Thai's too.

I'm quite sure many foreigners ride poorly, inconsiderately, with disregard for their own safety and that of others... but isn't that just road users in general ?... Foreigners, or Thai ?

I won't go into the details because it seems you're taking any criticism of foreign motorcyclists too personally, like you did the last time we conversed on this subject.

Its the distortion that it is 'only foreigners' who ride so dangerously and cause issues that I'm questioning - it does seem that a number of posters have witnessed a couple of issues with foreigners riding and paint all with the same brush.

I don't really care if its foreigners on motorcycles or any other generalisation, is the fallacy of the sweeping generalisation itself that I'm questioning - it does appear as though 'some' are anti-foreigner here which strikes me as odd... Just like the guys who state they actively avoid other foreigners etc.

I like Pattaya but rarely visit now that I live in Bangkok. When I do visit that's the main thing that irks me, the foreign idiots on bikes. Not because I'm jealous or hate motorcycles, because they're idiots. Dangerous idiots.

I don't disagree with this.. Dangerous idiots are just dangerous idiots and they come in all forms...  the implication that its 'just foreigners' is what I'm questioning.

Such bias occurs a lot on these fora - we see it with Fortuner drivers.... often with the comments about 'foreigners driving fortuners'.. 

... and then someone sees one which is fulfils the conformation bias....  

We see a normal car being driven recklessly and its just another car...  we see a Fortuner being driven recklessly and that confirms the bias that all Fortuners are driven by tools...  the reality is Fortuner's are driven recklessly with no more frequency than any other car (proportionate to numbers on the roads)...  but that does't prevent us adhering to the 'frequency illusion'...

Its the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon and we're all guilty of it until we step back and think logically.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, novacova said:

What’s delusional is a guy trying to impress another on the road trying to be a trick rider with or without the holiday chick riding on the back, not only dangerous but stupid as well. No need to be defensive about it unless it’s a true reflection.

Dangerous and stupid...  agreed....    Believing they are trying to impress you or other older farangs... ridiculous.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, vangrop said:

They could establish a time system. Determining during which periods this type of vehicle could circulate. I'm obviously also thinking of trucks. In addition they should reduce the excessive number of osteos.

Osteos are a real problem.

I love riding BIG fast Bikes , Ducatis , kawasakis  and er HD in Thailand and EU  and most of the rest of the world, so  dont ruin my passion    I have been riding for 51 years  and its a great pleasure  ,, often ruined by idiots in Cars , trucks , Bus and brain dead pedestrians  and worst of all Sicklists  on their pedal  thingys ,,,

oh yes i also get it wrong sometimes  but not around cities or people  ..

The level of ignorance I see daily is mind boggling

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Who are you to ask why someone has a big bike? Do you go up to 4WD drivers asking why they have such a big car? Lucky he let you off with a F you

Maybe learn to cross the roads better by not crossing at a junction where traffic is turning onto 2nd road

well man come back to me when you are in bangkok hospital after a moron trying to drive such a monster bike gets you

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, vangrop said:

I said what are you doing here with such an engine in the middle of a busy city known for her huge traffic jams. Of course I got the classic f… you from the moron.

Pull that <deleted> on me and you will lose your front teeth.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, vangrop said:

Last Thursday around 8 pm I was trying to cross second road from Mike Shopping to the Edge at Soi Diana. There is as usual an enormous traffic jam and the pedestrians try to squeeze through between the motorbikes sonteos, busses etc.

I almost reached the opposite side at the Edge. Than a superbike kind of Harley Davidson powered by an up 1000 cc engine with enormous wheels, a steer as large as the wings of a condor conducted by a young farang wearing a theapot on his tiny head raced from soi Diana into Second road. He missed me by an hair, deducting from his agressif driving unfortunately for him I suppose. I said what are you doing here with such an engine in the middle of a busy city known for her huge traffic jams. Of course I got the classic f… you from the moron. Paradoxically it made me laugh because the tough (?) screaming biker had such a kind of baby voice.

These kind of bikes should be banned from a city with small sois and continuous traffic jams.

An intelligent individu would avoid driving this kind of things in this city.

Of course this Pattaya has his part of brainless farangs haunting the streets.

Yes, ban them; and ban tourists from renting all motorcycles. 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, vangrop said:

Last Thursday around 8 pm I was trying to cross second road from Mike Shopping to the Edge at Soi Diana. There is as usual an enormous traffic jam and the pedestrians try to squeeze through between the motorbikes sonteos, busses etc.

I almost reached the opposite side at the Edge. Than a superbike kind of Harley Davidson powered by an up 1000 cc engine with enormous wheels, a steer as large as the wings of a condor conducted by a young farang wearing a theapot on his tiny head raced from soi Diana into Second road. He missed me by an hair, deducting from his agressif driving unfortunately for him I suppose. I said what are you doing here with such an engine in the middle of a busy city known for her huge traffic jams. Of course I got the classic f… you from the moron. Paradoxically it made me laugh because the tough (?) screaming biker had such a kind of baby voice.

These kind of bikes should be banned from a city with small sois and continuous traffic jams.

Have a laugh when it happens again and remember .......You know there is a saying: big car/bike......small xxx. 😂

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You believe what you wrote so strongly you posted it seven times !!!.. 

I'm not sure where the 'anti-farang' sentiment comes from...  but you are wrong (IMO of course)... The danger on the road does not come 'mostly' from young stupid farangs - thats preposterous...  Then danger on the roads comes from stupid motorists of any nationality, especially as you put it, those taking advantage of the lack of enforcement....

Your post is weirdly 'anti foreigner' its just a strange position to hold...

Oh well, apologies.

There seems to have been a problem posting, so i tried to do it again, and again. Hehe.

What you refer to as 'anti-farang', which is literally putting words in my mouth, as I have never said that, comes from seeing and hearing loud large motorbikes on the roads, and when we look, it is a young farang driving. And I say 'we', because the Thai people observing this quickly agree, that these farangs are a problem. So these young farangs are making a bad impression to all.

And it is a new phenomenon. When I hear a loud noise behind me, noise coming louder and louder, I have some fear that this idiot might lose control of his motorbike, as I see many times while driving.

The danger on the road does come 'mostly' from young stupid farangs on large motorbikes.  Even the dangerous pick-up drivers must slow down in heavy traffic, unlike the motorbikes, who get to still drive recklessly by driving around the traffic.

''Phuket reports high numbers of motorbike accidents involving tourists"

https://scandasia.com/phuket-reports-high-numbers-of-motorbike-accidents-involving-tourists/

By Dec 23 the number of road deaths in Phuket accidents reached 103 cases, the number of hospital admissions hit 16,689 cases (compared to 71 deaths and 13,134 hospitalisations for year 2021). According to ThaiRSC, over 75% Phuket accidents with deaths and hospitalisations involved motorcycles.

This road safety awareness video, released by Ramathibodi Hospital's Child Safety Promotion and Injury Prevention Centre (CSIP) last year, has resonated with many in Thailand, where 73 per cent of traffic-related deaths involve motorcycles.

Experts said last month that, on average, 5,500 motorcyclists die annually - or 15 deaths a day. The figure continues to climb, making Thailand the world's deadliest country for two-wheelers. The issue returned to the fore this month after two separate motorbike accidents in Phuket killed a pregnant British tourist and seriously injured another British tourist.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vangrop said:

If those type of bikes should be banned from a city with small sois, then surely all cars, sontaews, trucks and busses should be the 1st ones you mentioned to be banned as they are way bigger. Why didn't you say the city should only have motorbikes and bicycles and no other vehicles in it?

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

No disagreement there... Riding quickly anywhere but the highway is asking for trouble. 

Young Turk ???....   How did you deduce the rider who so offended the Op is Turkish ?? 

Young Turk is a general saying for a young male rebelling against authority and doig things like riding big loud motorbikes etc. I think it was Rod Stewart who had a hit song back called that - way back in the day.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Really? I don't appreciate any bad driving behaviour by any people of any colour. Why do you have a specific dislike of "Farang"?

To the OP: If you want to relieve the congestion of traffic on Pattaya roads, relieving it of a few big bikes you dislike is not going to help - you need to get rid of cars, tour buses, and Baht buses. You might as well stop whinging because congestion is only going to get worse as tourism ramps up to full capacity in the coming years. Currently, it's Road works along 2nd Road causing most of the congestion. The council decided to start the road work AFTER covid when the streets were starting to get busy again.

Reliving congestion - get rid of all the old farts in Pattaya and the city will be 70% less than what it is now. All the bars and bargirls will be out of money too and have to go back to Issan. City congestion solved very quickly ;)

Btw, talking about big bikes, a few weeks ago around 8am I saw a bunch of maybe 20 old farts at Areca Lodge on soi Diana gather together to go on a ride somewhere together, but firstly they had a group photo together. So it's not just the young ones, plenty of old farts also seem to take a liking to those big bikes.

Edited by bbi1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, JensenZ said:

You see the problem more with pedestrians, who are looking the wrong way when they cross a street. A brief beep of the horn sets them right, but in Pattaya, patience goes a long way.

It's always those bloody Yanks who look the wrong way when crossing streets. Had to beep my horn at a few of them when they stupidly cross the street while crossing the road with incoming traffic coming right at them. A couple of times it was the Chinese too I had to beep at looking the wrong way and crossing.

Edited by bbi1
  • Haha 1