Brainles young farangs on huge motorbikes in Pattaya

vangrop

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why ? it seems he was riding his bike and the Op crossed in front of him without looking and nearly got hit. 

Op didn't hear this 'big ugly harley type bike' coming...   and the bike was going slowly enough for them to exchange words... 

Seems like the Ops just wants to get some latent dislike of bikers and young-men off his chest with this rant. 

Fair point.  I was referring to anyone riding a big bike fast in Thailand - which is not the smartest move.  But maybe the young turk rides very carefully and not too fast - maybe. 

16 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Fair point.  I was referring to anyone riding a big bike fast in Thailand - which is not the smartest move.  But maybe the young turk rides very carefully and not too fast - maybe. 

No disagreement there... Riding quickly anywhere but the highway is asking for trouble. 

Young Turk ???....   How did you deduce the rider who so offended the Op is Turkish ?? 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

You could also complain about people driving cars in a city with such traffic jams... 

... then you could balance out the 'chip on your shouder' with a chip on the other side....

If people want to rent bikes, big or small, thats surely up to them as long as they are riding legally.

From your post it just seems you don't people riding bigger bikes...   really, it should be the police who simply deal with idiots riding dangerously, driving selfishly, parking poor and blocking the roads etc...  

As usual - its the lack of enforcement that lends to the enabling of such behavior... 

Interesting that you'd want to ban something as small as a motorbike from a city but have mentioned nothing of the tour busses plaguing the streets.. 

I am not in Pattaya.

But might be the same here in Phuket.

The dangers on the road comes mostly from young stupid farangs. Those who drive motorbikes with motors with 350 c.c or above.

I have been here for more than 15 years. This is a new problem here.

These stupid people, taking advantage of the lack of police patrols on the roads, endanger people's lives.

I used to not be very happy towards Thais who drove too fast, but currently, farangs have become more of a threat on the roads.

If they drive cars or busses, I do not know, but if they do, I never feel threatened by cars or busses driven by anyone. Motorbikes are the problem.

Farangs come here, and most of them leave their brain back home...

• Like 1

You could also complain about people driving cars in a city with such traffic jams... 

... then you could balance out the 'chip on your shouder' with a chip on the other side....

If people want to rent bikes, big or small, thats surely up to them as long as they are riding legally.

From your post it just seems you don't people riding bigger bikes...   really, it should be the police who simply deal with idiots riding dangerously, driving selfishly, parking poor and blocking the roads etc...  

As usual - its the lack of enforcement that lends to the enabling of such behavior... 

Interesting that you'd want to ban something as small as a motorbike from a city but have mentioned nothing of the tour busses plaguing the streets.. 

I am not in Pattaya.

The dangers on the road comes mostly from young stupid farangs. Those who drive motorbikes with motors with 350 c.c or above.

These stupid people, taking advantage of the lack of police patrols on the roads, endanger people's lives.

I used to not be very happy towards Thais who drove too fast, but currently, farangs have become more of a threat on the roads.

If they drive cars or busses, I do not know, but if they do, I never feel threatened by cars or busses driven by anyone. Motorbikes are the problem.

• Like 1

I am not in Pattaya.

• Like 1

I am not in Pattaya.

• Like 1

I am not in Pattaya.

I am not in Pattaya.

I am not in Pattaya.

57 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You have noticed that 'young farangs on motorcycles' are vying for the attention of older Westerners ???

Thats some hilarious imagination you have...  I'm just incredulous at how you could possible conclude that...  

Yet your the one who thinks that young farangs have a thing for older guys....     whats that about intelligence again ?

Only brainless young farangs ??...   silliness is exercised on the roads amongst the young, the old Thai and Foreign... 

This idea that its just 'young people' and they want the attention of older foreigners is out there on the fringes strangeness, the musings of a complete fruit-cake... 

Oh sorry, I didn’t know that I was mentioning anything about you and didn’t expect you to take it so personally. 
Drive more carefully next time, thanks.

44 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Darwin will sort them out. I don't care, as long as they don't take me with them.

I can care less if someone wants to ride alone carelessly on an empty road and slam into something, as long as they don’t put others in harm’s way. Unfortunately Darwin didn’t plan it out this way.

Edited by novacova

3 hours ago, vangrop said:

These kind of bikes should be banned from a city with small sois and continuous traffic jams.

Oy!!!  Why should majority of responsible bikers be banned?  Weed out the culprits by all means but we face enough restrictions already thanks!

18 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Superbike and Harley Davidson do not sit happily in the same sentence.

I would separate big bikes into 2 categories. Sports bikes and Harleys.

I've been riding all types of bikes for 50 years, so I'm somewhat of a bike enthusiast, but there is still one big bike I dislike. It's a Harley, which has more bark than bite, designed to get the attention of anyone within 200m... and not in a good way but by pure ear-numbing noise pollution. Sometimes it's like being attacked when someone suddenly opens its throttle behind you to overtake. In contrast, I enjoy the sound of a superbike accelerating into the distance with the mild and pleasant hum of advanced technology.

They used to have a Harley in the condo next door to my townhouse. As soon as the owner fired it up, our whole building would start to rumble, and that was just when it was at idle.

Of course, other bikes with modified or removed exhaust baffles are not pleasant either.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, novacova said:

Oh sorry, I didn’t know that I was mentioning anything about you and didn’t expect you to take it so personally. 
Drive more carefully next time, thanks.

I'm not young... but find it quite hilarious when a Yank gets so up themselves they think the young farangs are seeking their attention... 

... the level of delusion is outstanding...   

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

I would separate big bikes into 2 categories. Sports bikes and Harleys.

That slightly limits things.  There are plenty of 'naked' bikes that would not be classed as sports bikes + touring bikes. Sports bikes are things such as an R1 or a Fireblade.  Collectively and with an unwritten mininmum capacity of around 650cc - they are broadly known as superbikes.

Then there are Harleys - I won't comment on them :smile:.

1 hour ago, Andre0720 said:

I am not in Pattaya.

You believe what you wrote so strongly you posted it seven times !!!.. 

I'm not sure where the 'anti-farang' sentiment comes from...  but you are wrong (IMO of course)... The danger on the road does not come 'mostly' from young stupid farangs - thats preposterous...  Then danger on the roads comes from stupid motorists of any nationality, especially as you put it, those taking advantage of the lack of enforcement....

Your post is weirdly 'anti foreigner' its just a strange position to hold...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

OP don't worry about this nagging post. this guy likes to pick on everything. only thing he doesnt like is when it is his turn to wear the hat. put him on ignore... cos ignorant people warrant this

hey smith? do you get along with anyone?

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

That slightly limits things.  There are plenty of 'naked' bikes that would not be classed as sports bikes + touring bikes. Sports bikes are things such as an R1 or a Fireblade.  Collectively and with an unwritten mininmum capacity of around 650cc - they are broadly known as superbikes.

Then there are Harleys - I won't comment on them :smile:.

I was just trying to keep it simple. The bikes that go fast without too much fuss and Harleys that make a racket LOL.... but yes, there are many subcategories. My last big bike was a GPZ 1100, back in 1983, so I'm out of practice.

Edited by JensenZ

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm not young... but find it quite hilarious when a Yank gets so up themselves they think the young farangs are seeking their attention... 

not young? immature comes to mind.

yank?  xenophobic and holier than thou comes to mind.

smith... why do you hate everyone? this thread is mostly about you taking on everyone else. pure nastiness every time i read your posts

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

OP don't worry about this nagging post. this guy likes to pick on everything. only thing he doesnt like is when it is his turn to wear the hat. put him on ignore... cos ignorant people warrant this

hey smith? do you get along with anyone?

Aww... poor you..  I've upset you at some time in the past and this is the best you can do... 

Just put me on ignore... it'll be easier for your fragile ego...

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
3 hours ago, vangrop said:

Of course I got the classic f… you from the moron.

Hardly a surprising response to your ridiculous question.

Exactly....  He crosses the road in front of a Motorcyclist and nearly gets hit, shouts something at him and gets a response...  

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm not young

Yeah sure. But still, you’re not my type.

34 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

but find it quite hilarious when a Yank gets so up themselves they think the young farangs are seeking their attention... 

... the level of delusion is outstanding...   

No need to get defensive. But yeah it’s hilarious and silly that some of you farang guys want the attention of other farang guys. What’s the deal with that? If it isn’t some kind of man-crush thing, then what? Delusional? Outstanding!

• Haha 1