Multi entry Non-O retirement visa

Has anyone had any success or been given any official info on this visa type?

It seems to have been placed under fatwah on e-visa sites even when in country of residence. Any feedback from bordering country embassies/consulates?

The Thai embassy in Germany didn't respond to my email enquiry. Unusual, they were normally very customer oriented in my experience.

The normal multi entry visa for those of retirement has been non immigrant O-A for many years now.  This requires proof of insurance for period of entry.  Is this what you are asking about - or the general non immigrant O visa which is still common for marriage and other reasons?

5 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

The normal multi entry visa for those of retirement has been non immigrant O-A for many years now.  This requires proof of insurance for period of entry.  Is this what you are asking about - or the general non immigrant O visa which is still common for marriage and other reasons?

The Non-O not the O-A. Can't be bothered with that one. Doesn't really matter, but if there was a multi entry Non-O for retirement purposes available somewhere I'd go for it.

Guess I'll just renew my extension next time I'm in country that's all. 

I have seen reports from applicants that successfully got hold of a 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O Retirement Visa. 

Couple of months ago that Visa was available from the Thai Embassy in London when applying there for the eVisa. 

And 2-3 years ago you could also get it in person a the Thai Consulate in Savannakhet. 

However, there are some report that it is not available anymore on the eVisa application list, and as Savannakhet added financial requirements for the 1-year ME Non Imm O Marriage Visa, it is not clear whether they also made any changes to the requirements for the Retirement Visa.

• Thumbs Up 1

As said most Embassies ceased issuing for retirement years ago and only provided the O-A.

Today there is an option to arrive visa exempt or on tourist visa and change that to a non immigrant O visa entry at immigration (with show of financials) for retirement that can then be extended on yearly basis.  But travel would require re-entry permit.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BusyB said:

Has anyone had any success or been given any official info on this visa type?

Any country that uses the Thai eVisa system discontinued issuing the year-long, multi-entry Non-O visa (for retirement OR marriage) that choice is not available on the eVisa system.

• Thanks 1