photography how many of you ?

georgegeorgia

On 12/4/2023 at 11:48 AM, georgegeorgia said:

Just got me thinking as we get older and retired that we start our hobbies or interests that we put off over life.

I noticed in posts there was a lot of photographers on here , seems to a majority,that's not something that interests me ,but what interested me is what they like to photograph.

A poster on here rises in the early hours to take pics of "street life" in the early hours in Thailand.

I had a Thai tourist visit me in Australia in 2011 we drive up to the Blue Mountains  ,he wasn't interested in that ,he was interested in stopping near rural properties to take pics of......wait for it..... Their postal letterboxes !!!!

I was just watching Steve Rosse old farang YouTuber who lives in Turtle Beach phuket , his hobby is making paper mache of......turtles and photography them , he mentions he once took a year after work every afternoon to photo every street sign in Arizona 

What is it with photography,vlogging ,selfies etc that interest you 

I'm thinking how immature but ..... especially a man of his age late 60's 

We all have a new weird interest...in photography, whether that be selfies etc I guess 

But this new generation are obsessed with vlogging and photography, even in the gym etc

I just started doing boxing a few times a week to have my young nephew ask me if I had photos of the training ,like it's normal to start taking photos in a boxing gym 

Is anyone into this new "vlogging ?

Not photos ,but where I see them walking around with the camera talking to themselves 

How much of this should we put up with before it invades our privacy ,some farang eg in Pattaya riding around on a push bike ....vlogging !!

What about drone hobby ?

Any interest, this drone hobby is taking off ,why ?

I am heavily into photography. I don't vlog but do have a Flickr account where I post my photos. Early morning and late afternoon are the best times. During the hours of dark when there has been rain always give some dramatic street photos as well.

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Y'all don't want to buy the Insta 360 One X2, or probably any 360 camera.   Unless you plan on buying a super computer.

I've edited vids before, on crap software/app, and no problem.   The 360 files are so huge, it's mind boggling.   Made a vid this AM, and maybe 20 mins max.   It's 7 gigs large.   I download 1.5 hr movie torrents, and they are 800 megs to 1.5 gigs.

So edited it down to 1/3 original size, as 2X software crashed when exporting full size, though did say 50% done before crapping out.

Now it's been 40 mins, and it's 13% done, so maybe in 4 hrs, it might be completed :cheesy:

If it doesn't crap out again.   

Check that ... it is a really nice camera, especially as a 360 knock around.   Finally edited & exported one.  Took a while to edit, and export took even longer.  Part due to 'user error', on the final attempt.

First 2 failures were not my fault.  3rd attempt, I may have left large portion of vid 'empty', though thought I did 'end' it.   Still took 3+ hours to export, then I ran it through again, bringing it down from 22 mins (w/oops) to actually 9 mins of footage.

It is a very nice camera, with 6 axis gimbaled lens.  I was holding the camera by hand, resting on my scooter handlebar, on a long selfie stick.  Almost zero vibration.

Still going to return it though, as I don't have the patience to edit & wait for exporting.   If one is into action stuff or get O&A on motorcycles quite a bit, it would be nice to have.

Here's a sample (unprofessional) vid I took this AM, at sunrise, though thankfully, sun was behind  cloud.

A real 'Blood Moon' ... :cheesy:

... hate when they predict blood moon, and it's no different than any other. Pollution helps the blood effect, as it rises on the horizon, as the sun has just set below.

Quite a difference from the early morning before, as moon was setting on the horizon, before sun was coming up.

image.png.8640e9ebdb9ee158ced5c2cf9249ca3f.png