Trump, allies fire back at media warnings of second-term dictatorship

CharlieH

5 minutes ago, Dave0206 said:

Well let's start with influence peddling and please remember hunter has never been in office...

What does Hunter's influence peddling have to do with the left's claim that Trump will be a dictator in his second term? I think it safe to say Hunter has never done anything to support himself that did not relay on his father being in office. 

...are you telling me timing of Jared and ivanka sweet deals with Saudi Arabia and China were purely coincidental.

No, I'm not telling you that. I was telling you I support jailing most anyone convicted of any crime that has sentencing guidelines that call for it.

I also stated that I believe that the only reason Trump is being prosecuted/persecuted is because of who he is, and not because of what he's done. I then asked that if the crimes are so serious, why did the left wait until the election cycle to charge him?

I went on to ask what you think Jared Kusner had done that you see as a serious crime. 

You did not respond to what I was telling you, nor did you answer any of my questions. 

The sanctions on Qatar at the behest of Saudi Arabia was a policy USA would normally be interested in?

What do you mean by normally? I think the sanctions on Qatar (and sanctions on Iran) were in in the best interest of the United States. 

Regarding all the court cases many of which he has already been found GUILTY nothing can happen whilst he was in office. 

What "many of which" are you talking about, and when were the crimes committed? 

I bet you don't even know.

Your hero has played the judicial system his whole life with delay delay delay stiffing so many contractors along the way.

Apparently the left cared nothing about what he was doing as long as he was contributing to Democrats. 

It's a bit rich to complain about his treatment by the DOJ he was the worst at trying to use the doj .Bill Barr who distorted much for him says he is in deep <deleted> over his top secret boxes .

Not sure what you are talking about. 

I could go on but I'm wasting my time on you as you seem like the type of person Jordan klepper would be interviewing at rump rallies. 

Vindictive and tunnel vision when you talk about Hunter it's well documented he was an addict and went off the rails.

Jordan Klepper? 

Young Donald is not exactly adverse to drugs himself but I don't care and obviously in your blinkered vision neither do you 😉 

You seem to be confused. I do not now, nor have I ever cared that Hunter Biden is a drug addict. Why are you even bringing him up? 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, candide said:

The "left" did not wait, the justice system did. The two main reasons being:

- he could not have been indicted while being President, and also could have prevented his aides from testifying. Didn't you know it?

- Trump and his lawyers did everything they could do to delay, delay, and delay again. Haven't you noticed it?

When were the "crimes" committed, and how long ago did he get out of office? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

When were the "crimes" committed, and how long ago did he get out of office? 

I acknowledge that you don't deny the facts I mentioned.

Are you now insinuating that investigations should have been expedited without following rules and due process? You know, like making sure enough testimonies and other evidences have been collected and corroborated, charges have been correctly substantiated, etc...? 

17 minutes ago, candide said:

I acknowledge that you don't deny the facts I mentioned.

Are you now insinuating that investigations should have been expedited without following rules and due process? You know, like making sure enough testimonies and other evidences have been collected and corroborated, charges have been correctly substantiated, etc...? 

I acknowledge that you did not provide the relevant facts I requested.  Didn't you know them? 

The only "fact" you mentioned was that he could not have been indicted while being President. I do not disagree with that. 

34 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I acknowledge that you did not provide the relevant facts I requested.  Didn't you know them? 

The only "fact" you mentioned was that he could not have been indicted while being President. I do not disagree with that. 

Lol! You really expected I would be stupid enough to fall into your troll's trap and waste my time searching information for you? :smile:

You have no right to request anything. If you want to establish counter-arguments, it's your duty to find information to support them, not mine!

Facts are:

- Trump could not have been indicted and could have prevented his aids from testifying (he did it during the Mueller probe, for example)

- Trump and some of his aids have been following a continuous strategy of delaying, contesting, appealing..and still do.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, candide said:

Lol! You really expected I would be stupid enough to fall into your troll's trap and waste my time searching information for you? :smile:

You have no right to request anything. If you want to establish counter-arguments, it's your duty to find information to support them, not mine!

Facts are:

- Trump could not have been indicted and could have prevented his aids from testifying (he did it during the Mueller probe, for example)

- Trump and some of his aids have been following a continuous strategy of delaying, contesting, appealing..and still do.

That's what I thought, thanks! 

• Haha 1

I think it telling that people make unsupported/unsupportable claims, when asked to support their claims they run away and tell you to do your own research, or call you an idiot, or a troll or whatnot.

This is a typical leftist tactic. They read headlines by other leftists and state them as fact. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

I think it telling that people make unsupported/unsupportable claims, when asked to support their claims they run away and tell you to do your own research, or call you an idiot, or a troll or whatnot.

This is a typical leftist tactic. They read headlines by other leftists and state them as fact. 

Lol! You did not ask me to support my claim, you asked me to support your claims (which you didn't). That's an obvious trolling tactic.

You are welcomed to support your claims, for once!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, candide said:

Lol! You did not ask me to support my claim, you asked me to support your claims (which you didn't). That's an obvious trolling tactic.

You are welcomed to support your claims, for once!

Not true. I was responding to another poster that said: "...all the court cases many of which he has already been found GUILTY nothing can happen whilst he was in office."

You jumped in after that. The only post-Presidency case Trump has lost (as far as I know) is the civil sexual assault that happened 30-40 years ago. 

As far as the falsifying valuation case, these (apparently) date back to 2011.

So again, did the left decide to wait until the current election cycle to bring charges? 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Not true. I was responding to another poster that said: "...all the court cases many of which he has already been found GUILTY nothing can happen whilst he was in office."

You jumped in after that. The only post-Presidency case Trump has lost (as far as I know) is the civil sexual assault that happened 30-40 years ago. 

So again, did the left decide to wait until the current election cycle to bring charges? 

Again, it is not "the left".

Concerning the case you mentioned, it has been mentioned several times in various threads that the attention of the justice system has been raised by Cohen's congressional testimony in 2019.

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Nice to see you take a fair and balanced view.

I support jailing most anyone convicted of any crime that has sentencing guidelines that call for it. I believe that the only reason Trump is being prosecuted/persecuted is because of who he is, and not because of what he's done. If the crimes are so serious, why did the left wait until the election cycle to charge him?

What has Jared Kusner done that you see as a serious crime? 

You state that "the left" waited until the election cycle to charge Trump. 

You believe this because, in your mind, the election cycle started in early 2023.

Does your comment imply that you oppose Trump's trying to delay his various legal cases?

Edited by Danderman123

5 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

The asset valuation fraud investigation began in 2021. It's a big case, and took some time to result in charges.

On 12/11/2023 at 4:59 PM, Yellowtail said:

The only post-Presidency case Trump has lost (as far as I know) is the civil sexual assault that happened 30-40 years ago. 

We all know Trump exaggerates and continuously tells lies that people like you believe but do you really believe he was one of the youngest Presidents ever, If as you say the "post-Presidency" case was 30-40 years ago?

He must have been a very young President for it to have been "post-Presidency" that long ago or has he had a miracle "second coming" that he has not yet declared or told us about?

I thought he was only POTUS once and that was in the last ten years only!

Edited by scottiejohn

On 12/11/2023 at 1:59 AM, Yellowtail said:

Trump has also lost the asset valuation fraud case in NY state.

If these court cases were merely designed as election interference, why is the NY case over so early in the election cycle?

15 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

We all know Trump exaggerates and continuously tells lies that people like you believe but do you really believe he was one of the youngest Presidents ever, If as you say the "post-Presidency" case was 30-40 years ago?

He must have been a very young President for it to have been "post-Presidency" that long ago or has he had a miracle "second coming" that he has not yet declared or told us about?

I thought he was only POTUS once and that was in the last ten years only!

Really? 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump has also lost the asset valuation fraud case in NY state.

The claim you are pretending to support was: "...all the court cases many of which he has already been found GUILTY nothing can happen whilst he was in office."

You came up with half of one. Is half of one many? 

If these court cases were merely designed as election interference...

I never said the cases are "...merely designed as election interference...", you made that up. 

...why is the NY case over so early in the election cycle?

But it's not really over, is it? You're making that up as well. Just like you made up (or regurgitated) that Trump has said he plans on being a dictator. 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

It is only the left that thinks it "quite right" for someone be prosecuted for who they are rather than for what they've done. Like most all leftists/never-Trumpers, you really do not care what he has done, you hate him and want him punished. 

Again, you falsely claimed Trump has said he plans on being a dictator, yet you have failed to support your claim. 

The links you provided do not contain quotes that support your false claim. Why don't you just post the quotes?

I think everyone (no on the left) knows you cannot provide an in-context quote of Trump saying he plans on being a dictator, because such a quote does not exist.

Either support your claim, or admit you were wrong. 

Geez, what are you on again now?

Trump has affirmed he wants to be dictator on day 1. You are not keeping up on current events.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Geez, what are you on again now?

Trump has affirmed he wants to be dictator on day 1. You are not keeping up on current events.

I'm "on about" you claim that Trump plans on being a dictator. 

Again, you falsely claimed Trump has said he plans on being a dictator.

Please provide an in-context quote of Trump saying he plans on being a dictator.

• Confused 1

Once again, it's clear to anyone whose brain is engaged that Trump was joking. Closing the border is not dictatorial, it is the president’s job, something that Biden in his role of POTUS legitimate or otherwise fails to do. Drilling for oil is not dictatorial, it is in the best interests of the country and perfectly legal.

“If closing the border and drilling for energy makes me a dictator, so be it.” Trump Dec 2023

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Please provide an in-context quote of Trump saying he plans on being a dictator.

If anyone should be called a dictator it is Biden, especially trying unconstitutionally to force taxpayers pay student debt.

https://www.axios.com/2023/10/06/student-loan-debt-forgiveness-biden

His 1st day on the job

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2021/interactive_biden-first-day-executive-orders/

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Thats the best you can do in the face of a decimated and demented Biden that the majority view as a failure and who DON'T want him to run now. Now he's got a totally supercharged impeachment inquiry fully engaged and there's NOWHERE for Biden and and his crime family to hide now. And you hyper dwell on Donald Trump euphemistically and jokingly referring to himself as a "dictator" for one day to restore border security and drill for oil. LOL.

Have you seen how dismal Biden's polling in MI and GA reported by CNN recently?  

Trump_WAPODay-1.thumb.jpg.daeac938016111b96fd4892ff0781bda.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/12/06/trump-dictator-day-one-hannity/

Edited by illisdean
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, illisdean said:

Thats the best you can do in the face of a decimated and demented Biden that the majority view as a failure and who DON'T want him to run now. Now he's got a totally supercharged impeachment inquiry fully engaged and there's NOWHERE for Biden and and his crime family to hide now. 

Are you feeling okay?

• Haha 1