Thai Embassy Website in USA Updated with Incorrect Information

The Thailand Embassy Website was recently updated but has incorrect information listed under the Visa\VOA section and possibly other areas.  It says the Visa Exempt Land Border crossing are now only 15 days with 2 per year. It also says that Visa Exempt AIr\Sea entries are also limited to 2 per year.  As usual the language is poorly translated and seems confusing. 

Visa Exemption and Visa on Arrival to Thailand

Tourist visa exemption scheme

Eligible travelers

U.S. Passport Holders are not required to obtain a visa when entering Thailand for tourism purposes and will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 30 days on each visit or 15-day stays if arriving by land-crossing.

• Entering the Kingdom through air land/sea/air border checkpoints under Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme is permitted only twice in a calendar year, except nationals of Malaysia, Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, and Singapore who may enter Thailand through such checkpoints more than twice in a calendar year.

4 hours ago, Jaggg88 said:

This is the same on just about every Thai Embassy website. The twice-a-calendar-year limit by land or sea is correct but you get 30 days. The 15 days was stopped years ago

They included by air entry as well with a 2 per year limit

19 hours ago, Dan O said:

They included by air entry as well with a 2 per year limit

No, technically it is unlimited by air but too many entries will raise the IO interest. It used to be 3 in any 6-month period but they dropped that years ago too. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Jaggg88 said:

No, technically it is unlimited by air but too many entries will raise the IO interest. It used to be 3 in any 6-month period but they dropped that years ago too. 

You kinda missed the point as this info is currently posted and people are reading it now, not a decade old

17 hours ago, Jaggg88 said:

The 3/6 appears to be  back in vogue according to the Thai Embassy, Wellington, New Zealand.

https://wellington.thaiembassy.org/th/publicservice/19038-visa-exemption

Visa Exemption

วันที่นำเข้าข้อมูล 9 ก.ย. 2562

วันที่ปรับปรุงข้อมูล 13 พ.ย. 2566

| 33,499 view

Visa Exemption

Royal Thai Government Grants Visa Exemption for Tourists from India and Taiwan from 10 November 2023 to 10 May 2024. 

For more information please visit https://www.mfa.go.th/en/content/india-visa-exemption-2

The Royal Thai Government Promotes Tourism with a 90-day Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme for Russian Tourists Starting from 1 November 2023 to 30 April 2024.

The Royal Thai Government Promotes Tourism with a 30-day Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme for Chinese and Kazakhstani Tourists Starting from 25 September 2023 to 29 February 2024

For more information please visit https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/13-9-66-2?page=5d68c88b15e39c160c008173&menu=5d68c88b15e39c160c008174

For passport holders of the countries listed below are not required to obtain a visa when entering Thailand for TOURISM and will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 30 days each visit, entering by Air onlyIf entering Thailand at immigration checkpoints which border neighbouring countries (overland crossing), the permitted period of stay will be 15 days each visit.  The exemption to this is Malaysian nationals crossing overland from Malaysia who are granted a period of stay not exceeding 30 days each visit.  If planning to stay in Thailand for longer than the permitted period, a tourist visa must be obtained before entering Thailand.

Aliens who enter Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption scheme and would like to leave and re-enter the Kingdom will be able to stay for a cumulative duration not exceeding 90 days and the duration shall be within a 6 months from the date of first entry. Passports or travel documents must be valid for at least 6 months upon the date of first entry.

Aliens entering Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption scheme must provide proof of adequate finances for the duration of stay in Thailand at the port of entry (i.e., traveller’s cheque or cash equivalent to 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family).

2 hours ago, Paul Catton said:

The 3/6 appears to be  back in vogue according to the Thai Embassy, Wellington, New Zealand.

They all seem to be using the same outdated information since they made that update about visa exempt for Indians and Chinese. A really poor effort.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

They all seem to be using the same outdated information since they made that update about visa exempt for Indians and Chinese. A really poor effort.

I do not believe it is outdated information, although certain parts, do contravene the current Thai Immigration Act, I feel it might be a "warning".

All of the "bold font" in my post is  "copy and paste", especially, the  "Capitlization and Underlining" of TOURISM  from the Wellington Embassy as posted.

Anyone able to define TOURISM.

Brittanica says  Tourism, the act and process of spending time away from home in pursuit of recreation, relaxation, and pleasure, while making use of the commercial provision of services. 

Edited by Paul Catton
spacing
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Paul Catton said:

I do not believe it is outdated information, although certain parts, do contravene the current Thai Immigration Act, I feel it might be a "warning".

This isn't a question of what one "believes". Some of their information is factually incorrect and based on long-abandoned policies. So yes, it's outdated information, just as I wrote.

The most glaring example is that they state that those who enter visa exempt at a land border are given 15 days (instead of 30 days). That hasn't been the case since many years.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Paul Catton said:

All of the "bold font" in my post is  "copy and paste", especially, the  "Capitlization and Underlining" of TOURISM  from the Wellington Embassy as posted.

Anyone able to define TOURISM.

Brittanica says  Tourism, the act and process of spending time away from home in pursuit of recreation, relaxation, and pleasure, while making use of the commercial provision of services. 

I think its a combination of extremely poor editing for updating as the websites have a new look, very poor translations and no proofreading. I don't think there's anything foreboding about it. Its just sloppy and very poor qc of IT projects which seems to be consistent with most of there projects in various sectors 

"I haven't been to Thailand for 5 months already".  We are now in the twelfth month, where were the other 7 months previously spent.

Would suggest the information from the Embassy in Wellington is current policy.

Aliens who enter Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption scheme and would like to leave and re-enter the Kingdom will be able to stay for a cumulative duration not exceeding 90 days and the duration shall be within a 6 months from the date of first entry