Residents refusing to pay maintenance in gated village.

giddyup

3 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Not gated village but Condo. We had many non-payers for years, getting worse every year. Our Juristic just wasn't pushing it hard enough, just sending reminder emails.

We then appointed a new Juristic who followed the law as written. It's still a long process with legal letters being sent and late fee interest being formally charged, followed by water and electricity disconnection.  Eventually people got the message and started paying

I think the law is different for villages. I know it's illegal to turn off water or electric, only those suppliers can do that.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

I think the law is different for villages. I know it's illegal to turn off water or electric, only those suppliers can do that.

The water and electricity was the absolute last straw preceeded by a letter warning of disconnection. I don't know if they actually disconnected as everyone paid. 

9 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

The water and electricity was the absolute last straw preceeded by a letter warning of disconnection. I don't know if they actually disconnected as everyone paid. 

If the houses pays the water and electric bill on time to the relevant authorities, then there is absolutely nothing the village can do about it. Sad but true.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, couchpotato said:

As I mentioned 3 posts above.

The maintenance fees are reasonable, depending on land size. I pay 14000 baht a year for 95 sq. wah. But not all residents would be high income earners or may have lost jobs etc, but I think most would just rather spend the fees on something else.

11 hours ago, ravip said:

Sad... but a reality.

We call it human morality. The standard of morals in this country n in this age has declined substantially. The main reason for decline is the education system of humans. Thailand has been declining because its education system has always been weak.. 

Apologies for digressing from the topic. 

Edited by NemoH
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, giddyup said:

I very much doubt if that was either legal or could be enforced.

Let them dispute it or get involved in legal action at their own expense.

I am sure there are ways to bring pressure to bear......cutting of water, which is often under the control of the village, is one possibility. 

• Like 1