Thai students rank below average in global education survey

snoop1130

20 hours ago, lungbing said:

The last thing the ruling families want is a well educated underclass asking where their share of the national pie is.  That share is reserved for the offspring of the ruling class, usually educated abroad.

Things will HAVE to change  !
Countries like the Baltic countries, seem to top the Education lists, although Singapore is no slouch either !

If Thailand wants to be in the top Echelon, then look no further than ""Down the road"" in Singapore  !

30 years I have been here and its actually got worse ,, not helped by low average IQ  according to   surveys  supressed by Thai government , the surveys were done by WHO, UN and some Thai and  other international educationalists back in the 90s  add that to poor teaching , rote teaching and conformity  you have a population of trained slaves just what the elite want

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, rovinman said:

Things will HAVE to change  !
Countries like the Baltic countries, seem to top the Education lists, although Singapore is no slouch either !

If Thailand wants to be in the top Echelon, then look no further than ""Down the road"" in Singapore  !

Nah, Daeng next door just got a new Honda Click with 2000 baht deposit he borrowed, that's smart!!! :jap:

Edited by 2baht

I think many third world governments are quite happy with keeping their population illiterate and unknowledgeable, it's much easier to manipulate their votes with small handouts at election time, and to stay in power for very lengthy terms.

However, the current PM should have no problem with overhauling the eduction system, as I don't believe he has aspirations to stay in the position indefinately.

I sincerely hope it happens, Thailand has the potential to be a leading player in the world financial and tourism scene, with (English) educated people, and I do believe they deserve it.