Non o retirement extention Question

when I go to get a 1 Yr extension  of stay on my Retirement  visa ( had 1 for 2 years now ) I have used an agent in the past but would like to do it myself but use the monthly  transfer method ie 65k per month  into Thai bank with my name only

Question is can I transfer into my bank the 65k or over then immediately  transfer it again into myself & wife's  joint account for her to get access for monthly  living expenses  etc or is there a set time it has to stay in the account ?

Regards

22 hours ago, thaiscot said:

when I go to get a 1 Yr extension  of stay on my Retirement  visa ( had 1 for 2 years now ) I have used an agent in the past but would like to do it myself but use the monthly  transfer method ie 65k per month  into Thai bank with my name only

Question is can I transfer into my bank the 65k or over then immediately  transfer it again into myself & wife's  joint account for her to get access for monthly  living expenses  etc or is there a set time it has to stay in the account ?

Regards

As @lopburi3 has said; yes you can transfer into wife's name but......

It's my understanding to get an extension using the monthly method you must be able to show a full year's worth of deposits from overseas have been done, prior to your application.

Edited by Yeah rightio
Clarification

1 hour ago, Yeah rightio said:

It's my understanding to get an extension using the monthly method you must be able to show a full year's worth of deposits from overseas have been done, prior to your application

Correct without "income letter" from embassy.

UK,USA,AU do not provide that service

41 minutes ago, thaiscot said:

but just needed clarification  if I can transfer then use the money for monthly expenses  etc

Yes you can.

Personally, I transfer 130k every month and transfer it few days later into GF,s account.

Edited by DrJack54

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes you can.

Personally, I transfer 130k every month and transfer it few days later into GF,s account.

Nice one that sounds like a plan as I transfer more than 100k every month but into our joint account  so will possibly start to transfer into my own account then onto joint account after as been using an agent for the retirement extension  for the last 2 years

7 minutes ago, thaiscot said:

Nice one that sounds like a plan as I transfer more than 100k every month but into our joint account  so will possibly start to transfer into my own account then onto joint account after as been using an agent for the retirement extension  for the last 2 years

No.

You will need to show 12 months transfers into Your Thai bank account in your name only.

After that you  can transfer into wife account. ..

Also if previously using agent your plan will NOT work 

On 12/7/2023 at 9:03 AM, lopburi3 said:

but must be able to prove from overseas and should be about same time each month.

There is no requirement for it to be "about the same time", as long as a transfer of over 65k per calendar month is done, that is fine, the date of the transfer is immaterial 

25 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

There is no requirement for it to be "about the same time", as long as a transfer of over 65k per calendar month is done, that is fine, the date of the transfer is immaterial 

That is why I said should be about.  Actually posters have reported issues when not near the same time as did not appear to be pension payment in that case.  This was a real issue when method first started but believe may be less so now that most officers can read bank statements easily.  I would still recommend about the same time.