Trump sidesteps question when asked if he plans to abuse power if re-elected

CharlieH

On 12/7/2023 at 11:04 PM, Danderman123 said:

The real question is if you think Trump as dictator would be better than the current presidential system.

Or if you would oppose a dictator.

I lived under an "almost dictator" in Singapore while Lee Kwan Yu was in charge- basically a benevolent dictator. If there are any more like him around I'd happily live under someone like that. Everyone got looked after and bad people got dealt with properly. All good.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Since you are not American, you would have no problem discarding our Constitution if your Leader desired to do so.

I fail to get the link between the Constitution and what I said in the post you quoted.

Yu was an "almost" dictator, but he certainly abided within the law of the land. No secret police, no show trials, no people disappearing etc.

IMO he was actually popular because he stopped the race riots and looked after good people while putting bad people where they belonged.

If he went too far, it was only in making Singapore too sterile, and boring.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I fail to get the link between the Constitution and what I said in the post you quoted.

Yu was an "almost" dictator, but he certainly abided within the law of the land. No secret police, no show trials, no people disappearing etc.

IMO he was actually popular because he stopped the race riots and looked after good people while putting bad people where they belonged.

If he went too far, it was only in making Singapore too sterile, and boring.

First off, the Singapore PM was subject to re-election. Although he won elections handily, he always had to worry about the voters.

After 2024, Trump will never face another election.

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

First off, the Singapore PM was subject to re-election. Although he won elections handily, he always had to worry about the voters.

After 2024, Trump will never face another election.

If you actually knew about Singapore politics you'd know that he didn't have to worry about getting elected.

As for Trump, you don't know what he'll do when he gets back in. You are just guessing.

If he always did what he said before an election Hillary would still be in jail.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you actually knew about Singapore politics you'd know that he didn't have to worry about getting elected.

As for Trump, you don't know what he'll do when he gets back in. You are just guessing.

If he always did what he said before an election Hillary would still be in jail.

@thaibeachlovers

And yet, when it suits you, Trump's words are solid....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1