Going one week in Laos by road - e-Visa or Visa on arrival ?

daejung

Hello,

I am now in Thailand and will spend one week in Laos.

I will enter Laos by road (First Thai Lao Friendship bridge)

What is the best solution, getting an e-visa before going to Laos or a visa on arrival ?

I am french.  Maybe an e-visa is a little more expensive (50 $ for french) but on the other hand maybe will there be more queue at border with a Visa on arrival.

I don't know the price for Visa on arrival, but a lao friend told me I could pay in USD or in THB, and that the price in THB was higher. I would have to  buy USD if I chose currency to pay.

By the way, I read that bridge was funded and built by Australia. A strange way to thank Australia not to name it Lao-Australian Friendship Bridge 555

Thanks

Edited by daejung

• 4 months later...
On 12/7/2023 at 8:16 PM, daejung said:

Hello,

I am now in Thailand and will spend one week in Laos.

I will enter Laos by road (First Thai Lao Friendship bridge)

What is the best solution, getting an e-visa before going to Laos or a visa on arrival ?

I am french.  Maybe an e-visa is a little more expensive (50 $ for french) but on the other hand maybe will there be more queue at border with a Visa on arrival.

I don't know the price for Visa on arrival, but a lao friend told me I could pay in USD or in THB, and that the price in THB was higher. I would have to  buy USD if I chose currency to pay.

By the way, I read that bridge was funded and built by Australia. A strange way to thank Australia not to name it Lao-Australian Friendship Bridge 555

Thanks

How did it go ? I am arriving with my partner flying int L P, and assumed the VoA would be a long queue and I should just get an evisa. As an Australian, that kinda sucks about the bridge 😞

21 hours ago, BumGun said:

How did it go ? I am arriving with my partner flying int L P, and assumed the VoA would be a long queue and I should just get an evisa. As an Australian, that kinda sucks about the bridge 😞

No queue at all at Nong Khai checkpoint