Pattaya punch-up: Ex-US soldier seeks answers as Thai man delivers unexpected blow

webfact

26 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

in the context of this story his previous occupation is irrelevant  

Perhaps you should address your feelings on that issue towards the people who placed that fact in the OP and the topic title, or the members who felt the need to so describe him in their posts.

I'm sure there's no personal rancor in singling me out for petty censure.

Edited by Old Croc

5 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Perhaps you should address your feelings on that issue towards the people who placed that fact in the OP, or the members who felt the need to so describe him by his occupation in their posts.

I'm sure there's no personal rancor in singling me out for censure.

Nothing personal at all, why are you so sensitive, ?   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

Nothing personal at all, why are you so sensitive, ?   

Why quote me to make your point? 

Perhaps my sensitivities stem from others who do stalk my posts and attack my opinions because of personal dislike. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Why quote me to make your point? 

Perhaps my sensitivities stem from others who do stalk my posts and attack my opinions because of personal dislike. 

Well you can rest assured that I am not "stalking you"    Do you consider his former occupation of any relevance?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Ok, US soldier.

Doubt he got sucker punched, this is not a western country where that type of stuff happens often. Most likely he did something to piss the Thai off.

He is not a US soldier according to the article.  Maybe he did do something but maybe he didn't.  Curious what country are you from?

Edited by charleskerins
grammar

There are groups of dirty thai boys up and down the beach walkway.  The type who are just itching for a confrontation.  Bad demeanor, unshowered, speaking belligerantly in thai language as tourists walk by.

My guess would be the American looked at one of them the wrong way, not understanding the social ramifications of this.  And being cold cocked was the result.

29 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Well you can rest assured that I am not "stalking you"    Do you consider his former occupation of any relevance?

If you have a thing about the use of a subject's former occupation by news outlets, including AseanNow, in articles and headlines, take it up with them. Don't quote me nor seek my assent for your views.

It could lead to me incorrectly assessing your motives.

3 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Personally not seen this in the UK unprovoked but I have here. Local males can be incredibly jealous of farangs (or he may have been slighted previously or just nuts) and Pattaya is not the most convivial of places. 

Don't forget if he has defended himself every Thailand in the surrounding area would have joined in...they f**"""' hate us...and that's one of the reasons tourists don't go back.

Edited by Ricardo99
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Mark Nothing said:

There are groups of dirty thai boys up and down the beach walkway.  The type who are just itching for a confrontation.  Bad demeanor, unshowered, speaking belligerantly in thai language as tourists walk by.

My guess would be the American looked at one of them the wrong way, not understanding the social ramifications of this.  And being cold cocked was the result.

Yes quite possible.  i need to work on my looking while here.