Proof of retirement - Savannakhet requirement

Hi,

I am preparing to travel to Savannakhet to apply for a retirement visa. Application here in naughty Nonthaburi is hampered by the death of my landlord and TM's insistence of a letter from father to daughter to authorise rental of the house I have been in for ten years! 

Anyhow, the requirement for "A pension letter or a prove of retirement issued by the applicant's Embassy/Consulate" is spelt wrong and confuses the hell out of me as to how to get.

This one requirement is my only challenge. Does anyone know if there is any leeway? 

Cheers.

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 09.46.38.png

3 minutes ago, steve187 said:

why are you not getting the non immigrant O visa within Thailand

I stated why above.

"the death of my landlord and TM's insistence of a letter from father to daughter to authorise rental of the house I have been in for ten years! "

If you know how to get a letter from a dead person, please share your method and proof here. All I need is assistance understanding item 5 - thanks.

15 hours ago, DualSportBiker said:

I am preparing to travel to Savannakhet to apply for a retirement visa. Application here in naughty Nonthaburi is hampered by the death of my landlord and TM's insistence of a letter from father to daughter to authorise rental of the house I have been in for ten years! 

Who is TM?

7 hours ago, ukrules said:

I find it odd that you should have to prove retirement, if you're over 50 then you should qualify

They're making things up aren't they

Why would you not have to prove you are retired??? There are tons of people in the world over 50 who are not retired and are still wage slaves or running businesses. Sounds fair to ask for proof that someone is in fact retired and not faking it while being wage slaves or running a business. Retirement visas are for people who are legit retired and over the age of 50. If that's not the case, they shouldn't be on that visa and use the appropriate correct visa to visit Thailand. It's called a "retirement visa" for a reason.

Edited by bbi1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Get a current list of required documents... yours is outdated...

Below is the very latest from the Savannakhet Thai Consulate and it has the requirement for pension letter or proof of retirement as stated by OP

However, I think this may just a translation issue and is only for proof of income method? If so, with 800k in bank it should not be needed as most embassies don't issue these letters anymore

Screenshot_20231209-094030_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57

19 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Below is the very latest from the Savannakhet Thai Consulate and it has the requirement for pension letter or proof of retirement as stated by OP

However, I think this may just a translation issue and is only for proof of income method, so if 800k in bank should not be needed as most embassies don't issue these letters anymore

I do hope you are right. My worry is that they need something from 'my' embassy which I also do not have and don't have time to get...

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Why would you not have to prove you are retired??? There are tons of people in the world over 50 who are not retired and are still wage slaves or running businesses. Sounds fair to ask for proof that someone is in fact retired and not faking it while being wage slaves or running a business. Retirement visas are for people who are legit retired and over the age of 50. If that's not the case, they shouldn't be on that visa and use the appropriate correct visa to visit Thailand. It's called a "retirement visa" for a reason.

How would any government outside of Thailand know who is working and who is not? I've not lived at home for 32 years - the UK government has no clue what I am up to. How they would provide a government-to-government assurance that I don't work is beyond me.

3 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Get a current list of required documents... yours is outdated... and quit being an a hole when someone asks you a question... you would probably get more responses.

The requirement is from yesterday's posting on the Thai Savannakhet's web site - not outdated. 

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

However, I think this may just a translation issue and is only for proof of income method? If so, with 800k in bank it should not be needed as most embassies don't issue these letters anymore

Thus it may be the latest from the consulate office... but is outdated... and inaccurate... as is most printed from Thai to English in Thailand

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Here is the formal requirements for a non-imm O (item 9)

https://www.immigration.go.th/en?page_id=2537

You can see how Savannakhet has butchered the income clause. It's like they took out the income part and left the rest 😀

It does indeed. Many thanks. I will sleep better as I have the 800K and no pension/overseas income to use in my claim of compliance. Cheers.

• Like 1