Gecko Poison

dave111223

We have our maids clear them out (they use spray and sweep or sometimes work in teams, one with a broom, the other with a plastic bag), to the point where I haven't seen a gecko in the house for years. They probably still get in, but are likely caught before anyone sees them. Note, we don't kill them, but have them put them in tied up bags and release them in the city trash container about 200 meters away from the house streetside. I'd just as soon throw them in our pond, but don't want to put "bad karma" on the staff. No bad karma, no geckos.

:o

ever tried making them chase a lazer pointer?

abit of fun if theres nothing on tv.

1.get a laser pointer

2.turn down the lights after locating gecko

3.point the laser near the gecko

4.hopefully the gecko will do its part and chase the red dot

funny esp after a few beers etc :D

if there arent any geckos, the lasers good for pointing out coyote girls sitting outside kareoke bars :o

I'm with the majority in that it's best to live with them, or if you want them out of your house then try to find a method that removes them but doesn't kill them. But if you must kill them, I suppose glue traps placed all around a light source would be a good method, being they're always attracted to lights around which insects congregate.

Kill geckos :o

They are one of the best things about living in Asia.

We have one called George that lives in the toaster. Has to make a run for it every time you make toast.

In fact I think he might have been an English farang in one of his previous lives as he is absolutely addicted to Lipton tea (milk but no sugar) and toast. There you go once upon a time there was this English guy who used to like to kill geckos... and now look where he is, living in my toaster. :D

ever tried making them chase a lazer pointer?

abit of fun if theres nothing on tv.

1.get a laser pointer

2.turn down the lights after locating gecko

3.point the laser near the gecko

4.hopefully the gecko will do its part and chase the red dot

funny esp after a few beers etc :D

if there arent any geckos, the lasers good for pointing out coyote girls sitting outside kareoke bars :D

Used to do that with my cats, was brilliant fun, for them and me. Never tried with a gecko though, what a BRILLIANt idea! :o

God i gotta get a laser pointer!

Anyone know if such a thing as gecko poison exists and if so where it can be purchased?

I went to Tesco the other day and was looking around; i found ant poison, cockroach poison and rat poison but couldn't find any kind of gecko poison anywhere?

Or if anyone has any home brewed solutions please share.

Wheres your spirit. I love the little critters, even love the big cousins "tuk-gahs". I was raised in houses with Huntsman spiders on the walls and ceilings, package up these little fellas and send them over to my place.....

Edited by jayjayjayjay

We have a lot of geckos in our house, but nearly none in our bedrooms. The bedrooms have mosquito grills on all windows and we keep the door closed - hence no mosquitoes and bugs and hence no geckos.

Poison will not help you at all. If you kill them today, new ones will move in tonight.

Regards

Thedi

Mama mia!

That pic gave me shudders down my back canuck. Im glad you FOUND him, for if he had not have died who knows what damage to your tootsies he could have done. Or WORSE!

Dave, what are you like the son of satan or something? VACUUMED them? Why not just make a miniature gas chamber ya monster! You might as well have told me you want to kick puppies. FREAK! Chinchos are great little creatures, comparing them to cockroaches is nutso.

Damian

Blanket fire-bomb them for three days before committing ground forces. Take care of any residual forces with small arms fire. Kill them all. Let God sort them out. :D

Hilarious - laughed out loud! Love your posts Kmart! :o

Kill geckos :o

They are one of the best things about living in Asia.

We have one called George that lives in the toaster. Has to make a run for it every time you make toast.

In fact I think he might have been an English farang in one of his previous lives as he is absolutely addicted to Lipton tea (milk but no sugar) and toast. There you go once upon a time there was this English guy who used to like to kill geckos... and now look where he is, living in my toaster. :D

and you thought your toast came out with small black seseame seeds :D

Most homes don't have a gecko (tookey), and if they do they feel very lucky. They are the large lizards that are known to use bad language when they speak (at least it sounds that way to many English speakers).

The little chingchok are great ant and insect eaters but if you really don't like them it is not that hard to catch and release outside.

If you are really in a killing mood a good termite spray of your home will probably do them in.

Lopburi, we used to call Tookies "<deleted> you" lizards in Vietnam. Guys used to think the VC was laying out in the bush taunting us.

I would rather have the geckos than this little sweety that was waiting for me when I got home.

I am sorry to say he died suddenly. At 13cm I believe it had already lived a good life.

be careful with those monsters Canuckamuck, you could end up in a Welsh Hospital...

I would rather have the geckos than this little sweety that was waiting for me when I got home.

I am sorry to say he died suddenly. At 13cm I believe it had already lived a good life.

be careful with those monsters Canuckamuck, you could end up in a Welsh Hospital...

No time for the Welsh jokes, my Thai in-laws want to show me some jungle property. :o

Sorry but, even coming from a senior member, this feels like a troll and I think the humorous posts (good toaster-one CMSally!) are appropriate in that many people are reluctant to believe that a harmless little gecko could offend an adult human being.

To brutalize an old movie title, "Feed them and they will come".

My wife is a major cleaner and we haven't seen ants or roaches in our home for some four years or more. I also play a part in this by occasionally spraying a simple mosquito spray into our floor drains and sink overflows; the roaches come up from your septic tank and mosquitos breed in water, such as in the drains and outside standing water.

We also maintain our quality screens and keep, as mentioned above, the outside lighting brighter than inside. It is as simple as figuring out what attracts them and eliminating the enticement.

We have a mob of geckos out on the porch ceiling and I love them. As someone said before, geckos are cherished in my previous home state of Hawaii and for good reasons other than the 'good luck' myth. They are harmless and disease-free, especially compared to the filth, disease and dangers carried by the very things that they eliminate for us.

My wife was not at all fond of the Tokays but now when we are awakened by their call, we holler at each other, "Huck You, Huck You!", giggle, and go back to sleep.

Gentle for the most part, there are beneficial creatures out there that we could recognize as helpful if we can simply put away our prejudices and fears. Symbiosis I think it is called, eh? A relationship of mutual benefit.

And, if we seriously study any creature, we are bound to have not only more respect for them but understand how to humanely have them respect our space.

A vacuum cleaner...?

Shock and Awe, Dude! :o

Dave111223, after much consideration, consulting the runes, quick chat with Steve Irwin, it's decided that possibly you're not a very nice person. What if they all ganged up on you (to make body weight) & tried to remove you?

Leave them alone - they don't eat much or take up much room.

They're one of the beings I look forward to seeing each trip - have to save them from TW. :o

thought about this for some time. At first it seemed to be a good idea to have them around to eat moisies. the problem was tha t they multiplied and sometimes as I was eating my food one would shat on my plate. figured I'd use the 12 guage but my wife almost went bongkers. reconed I was a farang bah mark. the truth is I don't want to kill the ###### things. I just want them out of the house. Got a couple of Siamese cats and have noticed that the gecko populations have reduced.

also I get a bit of exercise chasing them (the geckoes) and actually get to catch them sometimes. Along handled broom helps.

When I catch one I just throw it out into the fruit trees.

Good luck Joe

Got a couple of Siamese cats and have noticed that the gecko populations have reduced.

My cat frequently catches one (sometimes with the assistance of my girlfriend and broom) and devours it. I was initially horrified anticipating it would make the cat ill. Is there anything toxic there at all for a cat?

Got a couple of Siamese cats and have noticed that the gecko populations have reduced.

My cat frequently catches one (sometimes with the assistance of my girlfriend and broom) and devours it. I was initially horrified anticipating it would make the cat ill. Is there anything toxic there at all for a cat?

Only if you've just sprayed the gecko with bug spray :o

All kidding aside, my cat ate them when she was a youngster and suffered no ill effects. In fact, she lived to 16 years of age. Miss her still, but I am sure the geckos don't :D

Most homes don't have a gecko (tookey), and if they do they feel very lucky. They are the large lizards that are known to use bad language when they speak (at least it sounds that way to many English speakers).

The little chingchok are great ant and insect eaters but if you really don't like them it is not that hard to catch and release outside.

If you are really in a killing mood a good termite spray of your home will probably do them in.

Sorry for the misunderstanding but i am referring to Chingchoks (not tookeys). I dont have any of the big (loud) ones around only the little ones.

As for the sprays that people have mentioned i've tried this too, but it wears off so quickly. If you point the can at one chingchok for a minute it does kill him, but it doesn't solve the overall problem. They just keep coming back.

I'm looking for some kind of tray of poisonous gecko food that i could leave around and then just forget about it (you know what i mean?) I don't want to be chasing them around with a spray can all day.

P.S. My current method is the vacuum cleaner, but as with the spray can this is not a good method seeing as you have to get each one individually.

so they suffocate them ,if you get rid of one 3 more will appear and so on ,just try to live with them they wont bother you there to scared .......

Answer is, just like any other bug/insect you kill, more will come back.

I have a bigger problem!! Is there a spray I can buy to get rid of noisey neighbours? I thought about killing them (jokes) but I think thats going a bit too far. :o

Oh and where can I buy a 'laser pen' in BKK? They're a lot of fun when you're bored :D