New experience at Suvarnabhumi Immigration

Mark17AA

9 minutes ago, sandyf said:

There is always an argument against offensive comments - your words I believe.

"Just pissed she,s out of the loop! "

Still at it..  but now deflecting, the OP asked why IO behaved that way. Did I offend you with my reply to the OP? 

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

Is this beginners day on  agent extension topics. I take it your banking/tax references are just as lame.

No problem with my finances or my tax references nor are they lame. So not sure what your referencing about. Have a great day 

5 hours ago, NextG said:

Wise is a debit card and inferior to the credit cards aforementioned. But best you ask the person who mentioned using their CC in the first place, as it’s already off-topic. 

Not really off topic I mentioned UK credit cards because I dont keep my money in Thai banks. Hence why I use an agent. So it is connected. But you are right Wise is not a credit card and therefore not comparable to the Halifax Clarity or Barclaycard Reward card.

22 hours ago, Grusa said:

Pity about the potential jail term and/or deportation, not to mention fines and blacklisting.

There will never be a crackdown to stop spreading wealth through agents. Why? Because the bosses know that desperate people who can't seek out a living in their own country and have to travel 10,000 miles to survive in a foreign land like refugees can do that only because they are lucky enough to earn dollars and unfortunates are not lucky enough to earn dollars; hence, they need the "spreading the wealth" system to continue. 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, 747man said:

Yeah Your O.K. You've Got The Money to " Just Sit There " A LOT & I Mean A LOT Haven't !!!!

I ensured when I first came here to retire that I would have the money available! Did the research into what would be required for extensions based on retirement when coming here in the years before retiring. Would have thought that anybody doing the same would ensure they can meet the necessary requirements to enable them to do the same without any worries. So the question has to be asked as to why they do not have the money??

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, jimn said:

Not really off topic I mentioned UK credit cards because I dont keep my money in Thai banks. Hence why I use an agent. So it is connected. But you are right Wise is not a credit card and therefore not comparable to the Halifax Clarity or Barclaycard Reward card.

That’s what I meant. That you could discuss it within the context of your post, rather than me discussing it as a separate subject. 
Wise is not comparable due to the cash withdrawal restrictions. 

• Confused 2

56 minutes ago, Dan O said:

i have no clue WTF your talking about bout Im sure if you drink enough you may figure it out

This is the WTF you have no clue about, couple that with your ignorance on agent supported extensions, I really wonder why you bother with your misleading false content such as agent assistance drying up,need to preload  accounts,bank falsified accounts etc.Complete rubbish

5 hours ago, Dan O said:

I disagree, it'll become more difficult in the future as banking regs continue to tighten and come more in line with the rest of the world. Its already significantly harder to open your initial accounts to start the process. Sure you can get an agent to open an acct but thats already starting to dry up due to the grey market and mule account issues. They have to address the electronic scamming and add more oversight to do that and with the new version of taxation coming on line it will become more difficult for the banking industry to provide falsified documentation.  Its no easier in the south than anywhere else. 

If that option dries up people using agents to cover the lack of funds better be prepared to preload their accts with cash or face starting over from scratch at renewal time. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Dan O said:

I disagree, it'll become more difficult in the future as banking regs continue to tighten and come more in line with the rest of the world. Its already significantly harder to open your initial accounts to start the process. Sure you can get an agent to open an acct but thats already starting to dry up due to the grey market and mule account issues. They have to address the electronic scamming and add more oversight to do that and with the new version of taxation coming on line it will become more difficult for the banking industry to provide falsified documentation.  Its no easier in the south than anywhere else. 

If that option dries up people using agents to cover the lack of funds better be prepared to preload their accts with cash or face starting over from scratch at renewal time. 

You are showing a complete ignorance of how it works in Thailand. Granted banks are making it harder for foreigners to open accounts but on the other hand a foreigner needs a Thai bank account to show the funds for an extension of stay. Thai authorities only play with the rules around taxation etc etc. They always turn a blind eye if there is money to be made. I have lost count of the number of foreign owned businesses in Pattaya that are only fronts for money laundering. I drive past a pizza/ kebab restaurant every day and a European buffet place. Never have I seen any customers in any of them and this is at various times of the day and evening. They get away with it because like every thing else in Thailand someone has been paid off. Normal rules do not apply here despite your well meaning rationale.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, worrab said:

I ensured when I first came here to retire that I would have the money available! Did the research into what would be required for extensions based on retirement when coming here in the years before retiring. Would have thought that anybody doing the same would ensure they can meet the necessary requirements to enable them to do the same without any worries. So the question has to be asked as to why they do not have the money??

Who said they had any worries? It seems that you are worrying enough for all of them. 
The usual excuse is that they are somehow harming you by not jumping through the same hoops that you did. 
As long as they are self sufficient, what business is it of yours?

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, NextG said:

Who said they had any worries? It seems that you are worrying enough for all of them. 
The usual excuse is that they are somehow harming you by not jumping through the same hoops that you did. 

Maybe no business of mine, but it might be for them (REDUX):

Every time Immigration issues an extension of stay without requiring the 800K baht-type bank deposit as in the IMM Police Order 654/2564 2.22, Thailand Revenue loses the ability to make a tax claim against that non-existent bank account.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Olmate said:

This is the WTF you have no clue about, couple that with your ignorance on agent supported extensions, I really wonder why you bother with your misleading false content such as agent assistance drying up,need to preload  accounts,bank falsified accounts etc.Complete rubbish

I stand by my statments and if you had half the brain you think you do you would understand as well. Do what you want but no need to be a tool.  Not one misleading statement whether you agree or not doesn't matter to me as youve shown your ignirance

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

I stand by my statments and if you had half the brain you think you do you would understand as well. Do what you want but no need to be a tool.  Not one misleading statement whether you agree or not doesn't matter to me as youve shown your ignirance

Your final word says it all.. Nuf said..😂

12 hours ago, NextG said:

Seems a shame that posters like yourself can make comments like this when my post was made in an innocent reply to another post. This is becoming a problem with this forum where people just like to make inflammatory remarks like these. Pathetic!! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jimn said:

Big Joke tried and failed thats why he was sidelined thats why it goes all the way to the top. In the main I am talking about the individual offices. It is not a low level officer signing the extensions it is the senior officer. Granted yes it is corruption and yes they make a lot of money off of it. Corruption is an acceptable way of life over here, you should know that. From planning permission, to road building, everyone is at it.

As we are both aware, Thailand's bureaucracy is all about creating and preserving their fiefdoms. Hakparn's bull in a China shop effort simply trod on the toes of some else's little fiefdom, that's all it did. His actions imperilled someone else's "retirement plan" and he summarily had his head pulled in.

I wasn't talking about a low-level officer either. I was talking about how in the grand scheme of things, this immigration malarkey is low-level regardless of the seniority of the officer signing-off. The same goes for SRT and other state-owned entities, where the prime objective of leadership is simply to fill one's boots.

Otherwise, I totally agree with your summation that "Corruption is an acceptable way of life over here..." but it going "all the way to the top" is something we cannot openly discuss.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, worrab said:

Seems a shame that posters like yourself can make comments like this when my post was made in an innocent reply to another post. This is becoming a problem with this forum where people just like to make inflammatory remarks like these. Pathetic!! 

Don't let it bother you too much.

A wise man speaks when he has something to say, a fool speaks because he has to say something.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Don't let it bother you too much.

A wise man speaks when he has something to say, a fool speaks because he has to say something.

Q.E.D

Wise man? Certainly not you after your DTAC SIM blunder. 
You should really try growing up, rather than bringing your animosity across threads. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, worrab said:

What makes your post ‘innocent’ and in your eyes, impervious from any kind of reply?

My question remains the same…. why is it your business where their money might be? In some cases it might have been stolen. Are you going to help them to replace it? I guess not. Best continue to attend to your own life matters if you don’t have anything useful to contribute. 

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, NextG said:

What makes your post ‘innocent’ and in your eyes, impervious from any kind of reply?

My question remains the same…. why is it your business where their money might be? In some cases it might have been stolen. Are you going to help them to replace it? I guess not. Best continue to attend to your own life matters if you don’t have anything useful to contribute. 

I have absolutely no time for people like yourself who make posts like this. Blocked!!! 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

The whole conundrum with Immigration and the agent payoffs is that the people who need to be arrested are the same people that need to do the arresting.

All that may change January 1, 2024. Revenue Department may say that such maneuvers are facilitating tax fraud.

Maybe. Stay tuned.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, jimn said:

You are showing a complete ignorance of how it works in Thailand. Granted banks are making it harder for foreigners to open accounts but on the other hand a foreigner needs a Thai bank account to show the funds for an extension of stay. Thai authorities only play with the rules around taxation etc etc. They always turn a blind eye if there is money to be made. I have lost count of the number of foreign owned businesses in Pattaya that are only fronts for money laundering. I drive past a pizza/ kebab restaurant every day and a European buffet place. Never have I seen any customers in any of them and this is at various times of the day and evening. They get away with it because like every thing else in Thailand someone has been paid off. Normal rules do not apply here despite your well meaning rationale.

i have a very good understanding of how Thailand works and the various changed that have slowly occurred since first came in 1984. There are more changes coming and if you cant see that you are the ignorant one. I never said all corruption will stop or their wont be ways to buy your way around issues but it will not be the same Thailand in 5 years as it is today.

5 hours ago, Dan O said:

i have a very good understanding of how Thailand works and the various changed that have slowly occurred since first came in 1984. There are more changes coming and if you cant see that you are the ignorant one. I never said all corruption will stop or their wont be ways to buy your way around issues but it will not be the same Thailand in 5 years as it is today.

Same same but different as I have heard many times over here.

On 12/15/2023 at 10:27 AM, Olmate said:

You fishing again? no false accounting, money is deposited, later withdrawn.

Not fishing. curious as to how these bank accounts are arranged to satisfy the "seasoning" period. Why even bother with the banking part at all unless they provide a false statement etc to cover the necessary paperwork ? 

On 12/14/2023 at 7:10 PM, Wuvu2 said:

Simple math. Agents charge about 12,500/year, which is 1.6% of 800,000.  Thai banks pay almost no interest, and most of us can make a bunch more than 1.6% on our investments in our home country. Using an agent in the province where you live has been the best practice for as long as I can remember to avoid the problem the OP encountered. Nothing new here. 

Then you are defeating the basic reason for Thailand having a "Retirement visa" option, it is financially beneficial for Thailand to boost it's financial reserves base. Why else should they allow you to retire here.

9 hours ago, mancub said:

Not fishing. curious as to how these bank accounts are arranged to satisfy the "seasoning" period. Why even bother with the banking part at all unless they provide a false statement etc to cover the necessary paperwork ? 

The 'seasoning' provisions can be waived by the approving IO, under certainconditions , so pre and post not required