New experience at Suvarnabhumi Immigration

Mark17AA

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

The 'seasoning' provisions can be waived by the approving IO, under certainconditions , so pre and post not required

So. there's really no need for any bank involvement under such arrangements ? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/15/2023 at 8:38 AM, 747man said:
On 12/14/2023 at 2:36 PM, jimn said:

12.5 k all in and you do not have to go anywhere near the immigration office.

Can YOU Find me one to do it for 12.5k WITHOUT Attending the Immigration Office then......PLEASE ??

So Jimn,Have YOU Found me one............YET ??

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Olmate said:

Says who? 

Well. if you're essentially paying Immigration a bribe ( through a 3rd party agent) to obtain a visa, without satisfying the normal monetary requirements. and it's completely endorsed by same  Immigration. then why the sham of opening/closing a "dummy" account for 1 hour? For who's benefit exactly ? Who are we fooling ? Hence I wondered if the bank statement/book dates were "doctored" to pass scrutiny ?

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, eyeman said:

Why do you care? 

Because the cheaters and corrupt enablers resulted in the honest people being penalised. In a (failed) effort to stop this illegal practice the rules were changed to keeping 800k in the bank for 3 months after and then 400k until the 2 months before renewal, when it goes up to 800 again. Before this it was 3 months before then you could do what you wanted with the funds until the next year as soon as you had the extension. That's why I care, fraud enabled by agents and officials has made life far more inconvenient for honest ex pats.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/14/2023 at 10:11 AM, jesimps said:

The IOs know exactly who the agents are and wouldn't even consider putting a stop to it because it's their bread and butter. For that reason, I'm sure that those using agents need have no fear of being called out for it.

It really depends, if the "business relationship" feeds into the right trough. Especially when the head of immigration changes, there might be "adjustment issues".

Quite famously, a few years back the customers of an agent in Phuket got rounded up and blacklisted for having fake stamps, a practice that went on for many years before that without any issue. But then, from one day to the next, an example had to be made.

So if you use an agent, use one that is clever enough to keep at least to the letter of the law. Else,  if he goes down, you likely will too.