The Children of Gaza = More than 7000 Killed.

CharlieH

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Did anyone ever wondered what Hamas were hoping to gain from the 7th of October attack?

Prior to October 7 the whole world ignored the atrocities israel was committing in the West Bank and the vile blockade of Gaza. Well they are not ignoring them now and much of the world is against israel. I'd say that is what they were hoping to gain. Probably succeeded more than they expected because of the brutality of the israeli response.

They have succeeded. Israel have lost, and probably for nothing -  they will not steal Gaza.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Did anyone ever wondered what Hamas were hoping to gain from the 7th of October attack?

Prior to October 7 the whole world ignored the atrocities israel was committing in the West Bank and the vile blockade of Gaza. Well they are not ignoring them now and much of the world is against israel. I'd say that is what they were hoping to gain. Probably succeeded more than they expected because of the brutality of the israeli response.

So cheerleading for Hamas again.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Israelis don't want a two state solution either and if you learn about the history of the conflict  you would understand very well why that is a reasonable POV.

Of course lip service for a two state solution has been the only game in town for several decades.

Again, it's hard for a lot of people to process but it's really true.

There is no long term solution in sight -- PERIOD.

Sometimes reality happens to be dark and depressing. 

True - over the years there has been a definite problem with the Israelis about a 'solution' - and I dont only include a 'Two State' solution as the only solution.  I think that is because of their fear that unless Hamas, Hezbola etc. are 'controlled' there might be even more terrorist attacks, but I also think that there has been a lot of politics at play inside Israel.  The current PM is a hardliner and it is in his political interests for things to be 'troublesome', but he was re-elected because when the moderates were previously elected, the results were a disaster for Israel. 

Simplistic I know, but even if you include all the variations and complexities, the reality as you said is that there is no solution. This is made even worse by the woke UN who has over the years launched many investigations into Israel actions, and has condemed Israel many times, but they have never investigated Hamas and have never condemed Hamas either.  Politics is making what could probably not be worse, actually worse.

I do know this. If Hamas could do what Israel can do, all Jews in Israel would be killed - men, women and children. Israel is by far the more of the  'good guys' in this situation - they could wipe out every person in Gaza if they wanted to do so - but they choose not to take that path because it is not the right thing to do. 

I also know this. The Arab nations (and indeed the World) need to get Hamas and Hezbolla etc under control for their own benefit. This latest atrocity by Hamas, and Israel's response, is nothing compared to what would happen if one of those terrrorist groups gets hold of a nuclear bomb and kills 100s of thousands of Jews in any of the Israel cities. Israel will immediately wipe all of them from the face of the earth.  And if any Arab Nation responds with attacks on Israel, then depending on the form of attack, both Israel and USA will respond and that Arab Nation will be destroyed. That will probably lead to WW3 if Russia and/or China responds, and the end result of that will be our mutually assured destruction.

And here is the 'rub' that many people just do not understand - the fanatic Islamic zealots in Hamas and Hezbolla etc will be happy to have died as martyrs for the cause (and get the promised heaven), because Israel will have been destroyed and all the Jews will be dead. That the rest of the world is also destroyed is utterly of no concern to them. 

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

@thaibeachlovers

More like wishful thinking on your side.

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So cheerleading for Hamas again.

+

Not one word of what he wrote could be remotely construed as "cheer leading for Hamas". You are slurring by attempting to ascribe to another an attitude which you know is false.

Not one regular poster here has at any time said anything supporting Hamas. Period.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

+

Not one word of what he wrote could be remotely construed as "cheer leading for Hamas". You are slurring by attempting to ascribe to another an attitude which you know is false.

Not one regular poster here has at any time said anything supporting Hamas. Period.

Exactly. I have been accused of supporting Hamas on multiple occasions, it's just childish now.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

+

@ozimoron

That is not true.

That's you saying stuff.

Considering you often get confused or imaginative regarding what people post, you're hardly an authority. Although you try to present yourself as such.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Israelis don't want a two state solution either and if you learn about the history of the conflict  you would understand very well why that is a reasonable POV.

Of course lip service for a two state solution has been the only game in town for several decades.

Again, it's hard for a lot of people to process but it's really true.

Sometimes reality happens to be dark and depressing. 

That must be the first time I have agreed with anything you have written as long as I've been on the forum, but IMO you got that right.

The two state solution is a very bad joke now that there isn't enough left of the West Bank to make a Palestinian State.

Israel, welcome to your future living in fear of Hamas, or whatever replaces it, and having to brutalise your youths to control them.

Even if they were to kill or remove every last Palestinian man woman and child from the area they want for themselves, there are millions living outside Israel. They will not forget, or forgive.

Israel has sown the wind and will harvest the whirlwind. That's in the  Jewish Holy Book, I believe.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That must be the first time I have agreed with anything you have written as long as I've been on the forum, but IMO you got that right.

The two state solution is a very bad joke now that there isn't enough left of the West Bank to make a Palestinian State.

Israel, welcome to your future living in fear of Hamas, or whatever replaces it, and having to brutalise your youths to control them.

Even if they were to kill or remove every last Palestinian man woman and child from the area they want for themselves, there are millions living outside Israel. They will not forget, or forgive.

Israel has sown the wind and will harvest the whirlwind. That's in the  Jewish Holy Book, I believe.

@thaibeachlovers

More hollow, pompous pronouncements.

The focal point, quite obviously not being the Palestinian 'cause'.

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Exactly. I have been accused of supporting Hamas on multiple occasions, it's just childish now.

It's all they have as they can't possibly justify 7,000 dead children and who knows how many injured, so they attack the poster and accuse them of being a terrorist sympathiser to try and make them go away. Doesn't work though, as there is no getting away from 7,000 dead children.

• Confused 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

It's all they have as they can't possibly justify 7,000 dead children and who knows how many injured, so they attack the poster and accuse them of being a terrorist sympathiser to try and make them go away. Doesn't work though, as there is no getting away from 7,000 dead children.

@thaibeachlovers

No. These comments are made based on them 'victory to the end' posts, the gloating, the embracing of Hamas ideas and so on.

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

The fact that 'only' 1,200 Israelis died that day is only because the IDF and the air force were  scrambled to meet the marauding murderers and rapists before they can cause more damage, and judging by the maps, plans, food supply and ammunition that have been found on the bodies of the dead Hamas, they had plans to continue in-land as far as they could and to go on with their murderous rampage...

hey had plans to continue in-land as far as they could and to go on with their murderous rampage...

Stating the obvious. Why would they stop before they were stopped?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

hey had plans to continue in-land as far as they could and to go on with their murderous rampage...

Stating the obvious. Why would they stop before they were stopped?

Because they had murdered, mutilated and raped enough? Na guess not. These terrorists are evil and would have carried on committing vile atrocities as long as they could. They have not finished yet.

Israel is sorting it out though

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

This is NOT about right or wrong and who has the rights to what, there will be no permanent solution as long as other countries, who support and finance Hamas and other terror groups, keeps meddling and muddying the water, many more will die on both sides, but this conflict isn't going anywhere, it has been going on for 70 years and by the look of it probably another 70 years...

Agree.

Is that really what israelis want, perpetual war for ever?

They haven't succeeded in suppressing Palestinian resistance since 1948, so do they actually think they can, or is it just netanyahu trying to stay out of jail?

Even if they did kill every Hamas in Gaza, as long as Palestinians live inside or outside israel, there will be a Hamas or whatever takes its place to take revenge.

• Confused 1