Why do people hate golf?

Lacessit

4 hours ago, jensmann said:

I play golf for 40 years. 20 in Thailand. golf has changed: 5, 6, 7 flights. 5, 6, 7 hours turnaround. using carts. dress code (including muscleshirts), alcohol and zigaretts on course, overweight etc.

with 75 now, I decided to play alone on my local golf course. early morning, no caddie. just the nature, the ball and me. 2h15 for 18 holes. satisfaction pure.

Golf is better with others, on your own for practice is best

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Swimming is just exercise, not a target sport like Golf, apples and pears and all that

You're kidding aren't you? If you would be right....why we have Olympic Games for swimming??? So running, jumping, hurdles.....just showing how good they can do exercises on those Games? 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

4 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

There are other sports much better, e.g. Swimming.🧑‍🎄

Swimming is good exercise; however, it is boring.

In swimming, there is only the water to contend with. In golf, there is wind, rain, hazards and stimp readings as variables. An easy hole can become a monster overnight, with a wind change or pin placement.

4 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

You can't hate objects but dislike. Did you ever heard about a golf club which hates you? Maybe you wanted to express why people DON'T like Golf? 

Next time use common sense🎄

Maybe I did not want the grammar and expression police either, but none of us get everything we desire in life.

I have yet to meet a golfer who did not anthropomorphize several clubs in his bag from time to time.

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Swimming is good exercise; however, it is boring.

In swimming, there is only the water to contend with. In golf, there is wind, rain, hazards and stimp readings as variables. An easy hole can become a monster overnight, with a wind change or pin placement.

Could be everything same with swimming in the ocean. Plus more excitements: octopus or sharks or snakes aso. Golf is boring though I never met anybody who told me he "hates" Golf. I played Golf in Ballybunion/Ireland for decades. However, there were not really excitements. But the views over the ocean are breathtaking.☺️

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

You're kidding aren't you? If you would be right....why we have Olympic Games for swimming??? So running, jumping, hurdles.....just showing how good they can do exercises on those Games? 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Do you have ability when it comes to those more skillful sports? golf, football, tennis, squash etc? those who don't often focus on running, cycling, gym etc

First it is a stupid game (not sport) such as so many others. Secondly it is an activity mainly practiced by pretentious snobinards who think they came from the thigh of Jupiter with their ridicoulous childish rulings. Thirdly, this sport is excessively expensive, excluding people with modest or even average incomes. Fourthly it is very harmful to the environment, the fauna and flora clearing out trees to expose carpets of grass

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, vangrop said:

First it is a stupid game (not sport) such as so many others. Secondly it is an activity mainly practiced by pretentious snobinards who think they came from the thigh of Jupiter with their ridicoulous childish rulings. Thirdly, this sport is excessively expensive, excluding people with modest or even average incomes. Fourthly it is very harmful to the environment, the fauna and flora clearing out trees to expose carpets of grass

I assume you are trying to be sarcastic!

If not then it is a ridiculous post!

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, vangrop said:

I have noticed it is the people with poor hand-eye coordination who call the sport stupid, as it makes them look ridiculous when they try.

The rest of your post puts your ignorance on full display.

555 Golf doesn't have the HUGE payouts and purses it does because it's hated. The Major tourneys total prize money...

Masters Tournament – $18 million...$3.24 million

PGA Championship – $15 million...Winner $3.15 million

U.S. Open – $17.5 million...Winner $3.6 million 

The (British) Open Championship – $14 million

Winner $3 million

AND The Players Championship $25 million...Winner $4.5 million

I hate golf because it is a threat to the environment - golf courses use vast amounts of water (responsible for desertification in Spain), and a lot of chemicals to keep those greens perfect. My fishing clubs carp lake used to have water lilies in it until they built a golf course next door. Three years later all dead, herbicides were in the water from the greens.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rickudon said:

I hate golf because it is a threat to the environment - golf courses use vast amounts of water (responsible for desertification in Spain), and a lot of chemicals to keep those greens perfect. My fishing clubs carp lake used to have water lilies in it until they built a golf course next door. Three years later all dead, herbicides were in the water from the greens.

where i play golf the ponds are full with lilies and reeds and other plants, monkeys and birdlife good too