Why do people hate golf?

Lacessit

6 hours ago, rickudon said:

I hate golf because it is a threat to the environment - golf courses use vast amounts of water (responsible for desertification in Spain), and a lot of chemicals to keep those greens perfect. My fishing clubs carp lake used to have water lilies in it until they built a golf course next door. Three years later all dead, herbicides were in the water from the greens.

Unless you get around on a bicycle, eschewing all other forms of transport, your hatred is fake outrage.

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

where i play golf the ponds are full with lilies and reeds and other plants, monkeys and birdlife good too

At the military course where I play, there are always caddies and groundstaff fishing in the watercourses. The only material I've ever seen put on the greens is sand.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's still boring though.

it's a very challenging sport, one of if not the most difficult sport to play well. i can understand how watching may be boring if someone isn't into golf, but this thread is about playing which isn't boring. i find football and cricket boring to watch

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

it's a very challenging sport, one of if not the most difficult sport to play well. i can understand how watching may be boring if someone isn't into golf, but this thread is about playing which isn't boring. i find football and cricket boring to watch

Less than 2% of golfers can play to scratch or better. Only 10% can play to a 5 handicap or better.

Breaking one's age is even tougher, the percentage of golfers who can shoot their age on a course of 6000 yards is 0.000009%.

16 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Less than 2% of golfers can play to scratch or better. Only 10% can play to a 5 handicap or better.

Breaking one's age is even tougher, the percentage of golfers who can shoot their age on a course of 6000 yards is 0.000009%.

Breaking one's age is only brought up by people in late 70s/80s, of course an achievement, i know people 60s, easily can shoot over 100

Yes I hate golf the most and pretty much all bat too ball games as well, now I like a walk in the park but hitting that little ball around just has no appeal.....it dont get me which is a shame and its something you can do on your own...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Yes I hate golf the most and pretty much all bat too ball games as well, now I like a walk in the park but hitting that little ball around just has no appeal.....it dont get me which is a shame and its something you can do on your own...

Since I was forced to play cricket and rugby at school I loath most games played with a ball.

I was so happy when I could ditch boring cricket and go rowing ( only for second years and above ), and never watched a single game with a ball since leaving school. The only exceptions were volleyball, and ten pin bowling but only when playing.

My sport of choice is skiing.