What is a good online payment with low risk (for Thai people)?

OneMoreFarang

My gf, who is not very familiar with banking and finance, wants to use online payment for food orders like Foodpanda and online shops like Lazada.

She is concerned that maybe she presses the wrong button or something like that and money is lost.

What are the best options for Thai people to do such payments. I ask for Thais because I know for farangs some options don't exist.

It would be good if the same payment method is usable for most online payments.

The most important part it that fraud and misuse is minimized.

Thanks

QR codes only if you are confident enough with security for having the banking app on your phone.

The better solution from a security point of view is an online wallet that you top up from the bank account, and use that online wallet app on the phone.

The easiest and safest payment method is: pay on delivery. I use this all the time with Lazada, from furniture to vitamins. Never had to return an item, so don't know how this works. But, certainly paying the delivery man the amount described in the contract, is a no-brainer -- no worries about paying for something never delivered; nor worries about credit card info going astray.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, JimGant said:

The easiest and safest payment method is: pay on delivery. I use this all the time with Lazada, from furniture to vitamins. Never had to return an item, so don't know how this works. But, certainly paying the delivery man the amount described in the contract, is a no-brainer -- no worries about paying for something never delivered; nor worries about credit card info going astray.

Yes, in some cases that makes sense.

In my case I live in a high floor in a condominium. It takes 5min or maybe more to get to the level where the delivery guys are. It's understandable that they don't want to wait a long time. On the other hand it is not easy predictable when they will arrive, and the ETA information in apps is often wrong. For that reason, prepayment makes sense, at least for my gf and me.

57 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Or you stop living in the past making things complicated for no reason. You can simply open an extra bank account with visa and use that one specifically for online shopping. Transfer money when need top up.

problem solved topic closed

• Sad 2