Extending voa if married to Thai national

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

That's probably because you first applied for the 60-day extension for reason of visiting your wife.  With an already extended Permission to stay Immigration might be reluctant to provide an additional 30-days extension.

Note that the 'other way around' (first applying for the 30-day extension and then for the 60-day extension), should be no problem. 

But this is Thailand, and different Imm Offices might impose their own rules. 

And you could of course apply at a different office Imm Office in another province when the Imm Office refuses to provide the 2nd extension. 

No. They offered either or.

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Learn from threads.

In this thread attached have careful read of couple of posts from @BritTim and informative one from @Liquorice 

If I'm ever in doubt, I ask BCA immigration office, or the immigration office I'm going to use.

I doubt showing them posts from a forum for expats in Thailand will change their mind.

7 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Agreed, they don't even like giving you 60 days WITH your wife and will try for 30 unless you state what you want.

One officer terrored my Mrs everytime we went, always something not right, she refuses to go there again.😂

• Haha 2