Park Defends Entrance Fee For Visiting ‘Wild Boars’ Cave

webfact

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

That's good to know that they charging that much then we know not to go there .

Greedy mob of ripoffs.

Just hope the 'extra' is no cover the exorbitant insurance premium. Tourists check your personal policies for spelunking cover.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

I suspect that that is a naive comment.

Do not look just at the price. Look at what you get.

Guided tour of 2-4 hours (the people are experienced), safety features in chambers 2 and 3 and improved facilities at the cave.

Someone has to pay for all of that.

Extras are the clothing and insurance.

The main entrance chamber is still free.

Yeah, or you could just think: Better prices = more visitors = same to better revenue

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wrwest said:

Hmm, Yellowstone charges foreigners more? Don’t think so, same price for all. 800 baht per car with 4-6 passengers included. Or, in the case of us oldsters … a one time purchase pass. My Thai Wife and Stepdaughter included as my guests in US Nat’l Parks in a visit this past April.

If you re-read the post, nowhere does it state that Yellowstone charges more for foreigners.

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

Double pricing far too expensive and in fact only for people with some experience.  hopefully they are closed when the rainy season starts

If the quoted prices are true I'd wager any interest in these tours will be long over before the next rainy season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Good on them if the market can bear it... it's called enterprise... or are only the Western countries allowed to profit from their national parks?  Yellowstone is 800 baht per car to enter park... then differing prices for the attractions.

You are making a calculation error. The equivalent to 20$ (800Baht) in USA in Thailand is 4$ (150Baht)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Is it 800 baht for one person in a car and the same price for 5 or 6 people including children and babies in another car?

a thai person asked in the media: "does the price include one night's accommodation with breakfast in the cave?"   :biggrin:

• Love It 1

10 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Good on them if the market can bear it... it's called enterprise... or are only the Western countries allowed to profit from their national parks?  Yellowstone is 800 baht per car to enter park... then differing prices for the attractions.

Hm,...Yellowstone is a huge park and you can get there by car as you said. I'm sure it's worth it's 800 baht !!!

Before the football team event  I went as deep as i could into the cave a couple of times. I parked close to the cave and we were the only people there. I don't think I went any further in than 400-500 meters, because after that i would have to dive to get any further. The caves at that time was listed as an tourist attraction, but we never met anybody else, the 3 or maybe 4 times I was there. Publicity creates value.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Wrwest said:

Hmm, Yellowstone charges foreigners more? Don’t think so, same price for all. 800 baht per car with 4-6 passengers included. Or, in the case of us oldsters … a one time purchase pass. My Thai Wife and Stepdaughter included as my guests in US Nat’l Parks in a visit this past April.

Except you conveniently forget that state citizens of surrounding states get discounts... I lived in Idaho and could go to yellowstone free.