O Ext (M) @ CW - No Drama

@SluglordGood Report, couple of comments/questions if ya don't mind:

"Submitting documents have remained essentially the same."
Would be curious to know if they requested TM47 and/or TM30?

"IO caught me out with old photo."
I got caught out by this a few years back, since then have taken to getting a new photo at the same time I make copies downstairs, 100 Baht as I recall.

Glad to hear, no drama and that it was essentially a pleasant experience - I always had a fairly courteous and pleasant exchange with the IOs at CW myself.

Edited by expat_4_life

7 minutes ago, expat_4_life said:

@SluglordGood Report, couple of comments/questions if ya don't mind:

"Submitting documents have remained essentially the same."

"IO caught me out with old photo."
I got caught out by this a few years back, since then have taken to getting a new photo at the same time I make copies downstairs, 100 Baht as I recall.

Glad to hear, no drama and that it was essentially a pleasant experience - I always had a fairly courteous and pleasant exchange with the IOs there myself.

Great question and good enough for me to edit the original post. I included the house documents including the slip. Since they were included (not missing) I was not alerted to whether they are required or not.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sluglord said:

* Wife, self signing understanding of overstay.

It should be the foreigner that signs, acknowledging the overstay rules. 

In addition to the two sets of documents and TM7's that I provide, my IO issue 3 other documents for signing.
1. Acknowledgement of terms and conditions for permit of temporary stay. (I sign)
2. Acknowledgement of overstay rules. (I sign)

3. Affidavit statement. (Wife signs).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, expat_4_life said:

I would also like update regarding TM30 requirement at CW for annual extensions.

I have never done one.

My last 2 extensions required TM47 at CW.

Never required previously.

Yes pics available downstairs at print stall. 100b for 4. 

That stall is a ripper.

Prints out appointment confirmation from email etc 

27 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Is this "two sets of documents" a new requirement, or just for marriage ext?

2 sets of documents only required for extensions based on Thai spouse/family.

Your local IO keep one set, the other set is sent to regional offices for approval.

Edited by Liquorice
Typo

2 hours ago, Liquorice said:

2 sets of documents only required for extensions based on Thai spouse/family.

Your local IO keep one set, the other set is sent to regional offices for approval.

You won't need to provide two sets unless asked. I can see that marriage extension might get more scrutiny eg visits (but they never visit in BKK). I wouldn't be at all surprised if retirees are asked to copy the set because the 2nd goes to police. About 4-5 yrs ago they started to ask for two maps which morphed into the entire set of docs. Point is moot because you need not prepare anything as they'll want the final set they put together and stamped.

Anyway, it was an almost pleasant application and the number of people especially in L queue was lowest I can ever recall - Dec as well. 

7 hours ago, Sluglord said:

You won't need to provide two sets unless asked. I can see that marriage extension might get more scrutiny eg visits (but they never visit in BKK). I wouldn't be at all surprised if retirees are asked to copy the set because the 2nd goes to police. About 4-5 yrs ago they started to ask for two maps which morphed into the entire set of docs. Point is moot because you need not prepare anything as they'll want the final set they put together and stamped.

I'm on my 8th extension of stay based on marriage and supplied the same set of documents and a second set of copies at two different Immigration offices during that period.
Immigration is a division of the Police, by the way.

Just out of interest, do you have to supply glossy photos and stick them to their A4s? and did you have to fill  TM7 forms, repeating all the same info on the first page of your passport? front and back, as I did in Trat, also a new thing for me/us was now we both have to be in the photo they take at the desk.